X3 TC On Mac

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Olympus99

X3 TC On Mac

Post by Olympus99 » Mon, 16. May 11, 13:33

I would like to add some Scripts & Bonus Packs to my game.

How do I fulfill this task on a Mac?

Any clues would be appreciated.

Carlo the Curious

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 16. May 11, 13:49

Look in the Tutorials sticky.

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Mon, 16. May 11, 19:13

I'm in the same situation, I've looked in the tutorials section at both the way to install on pc and mac and tried applying both on my mac.. I've tried installing from what i could gather easy mod and an easy script.

I tried installing the M6Normandy Mod, which has 3 files that arent in an spk but are in a zip from which I could easily move to the locations needed.

However of note, there wasn't a "mods" folder in my x3tc directory. So step 1 I tried adding the folder and placing it in there, when i tried to choose the mods from the button on start up but that caused it to unexpectedly quit. Then i tried using the false patch method and renamed the files by the next number in the main data folder. So i gave up on mods

Then scripts I followed the method given for macs in a different thread linked to in the tutorials thread. I followed that entirely and again no apparent results. This was using the cheatscript for x3tc which i wanted to test as i thought itd be easy.

Is there something im missing? I am following them step by step to no result

killerog

Post by killerog » Mon, 16. May 11, 19:53

What you did for the normandy mod was correct, if the mod appears in the mod list the cat/dat files are installed correctly.

Where you able to select the mod in the start up menu or did it crash before hand ?

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Mon, 16. May 11, 20:22

It crashed as soon as i clicked on the "Select Mod Package" I couldnt see that it was installed properly. It acted like it was never meant to support mods as the folder to place them in wasnt actually there I had to make it.

The select mod package button is normally shaded out because the mods folder isnt there.

One thing I thought of as a reason was the fact I am loading previous games up looking for it. Should I be starting a new game to check if these are installed correctly and for them to work?

killerog

Post by killerog » Mon, 16. May 11, 20:32

The "Mods" folder is not there on install you have to make it, this is always the case. If you program crashes before you have selected the mod than its a problem with the game, 1 I have never heard of.

Make sure you had the "Mods" folder named correctly and just place the .dat/cat files in to it.

Also start a new game to make sure it works (Normandy should be fine with a save game if I remember correctly).

Also make sure you have the director folder with the files placed in that. Cant remember what they are called of the top of my head.

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Mon, 16. May 11, 22:02

From what i can gather the correct location is at:

Applications/X3 Terran Conflict/Data/mods

should i bump everything inside "data" up a folder so everything is in X3 Terran Conflict??

EDIT:

This is possibly where im going wrong though. The main installation guide for macs is using Reunion though, and the file directory is different.. ive just tried looking inside the icon by showing package contents but can't find anything on the guide in there either.

killerog

Post by killerog » Mon, 16. May 11, 23:28

The file director should be the same for both games (it is for pc).

It should be :

Applications/X3 Terran Conflict/Mods

ect so director folder would be

/X3 Terran Conflict/director

If its the same as it is on the PC which I cant see any reason as to why it would be different. There must be someone on here who uses a Mac who could check what I am saying (pc user).

vkerinav

Post by vkerinav » Tue, 17. May 11, 00:15

Dareliisko wrote:From what i can gather the correct location is at:

Applications/X3 Terran Conflict/Data/mods

should i bump everything inside "data" up a folder so everything is in X3 Terran Conflict??

EDIT:

This is possibly where im going wrong though. The main installation guide for macs is using Reunion though, and the file directory is different.. ive just tried looking inside the icon by showing package contents but can't find anything on the guide in there either.
I have some experience in Ciderized games. I've more or less given up on them in favor of Bootcamp. Anyway, that tutorial give this directory;

X3 The Reunion.app/Contents/Resources/X3 Reunion Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/x3/

It should be more or less the same for the TC, though it might also look like this;

X3TC.app/contents/resources/transgaming/c_drive/X3TC

Either way, your mods/scripts etc. should go in that final folder, which is an actual, working Windows version of X3TC.

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Tue, 17. May 11, 12:35

thats where i looked

i went to Applications/X3 Terran Conflict/X3 Terran Conflict (this is an icon and allows me to show package contents)/contents/resources

then it gives me only 1 folder choice: English.Iproj which doesnt have any folders in it, ive also searched around looking for a transgaming or a c_drive folder which I havent found

EDIT: Some potentially useful info from the report when it crashes after i click select mod package.

Process: X3 Terran Conflict [220]
Path: /Applications/X3 Terran Conflict/X3 Terran Conflict.app/Contents/MacOS/X3 Terran Conflict
Identifier: com.vpltd.X3TC
Version: 3.1.4 (3.1.4)

Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (windowObject->mCocoaView), function eON_CreateWindowExA, file /Users/yaten/eONBranches/X3TC/Sources/user32/windowFunctions.mm, line 257.

vkerinav

Post by vkerinav » Tue, 17. May 11, 14:55

Dareliisko wrote: Path: /Applications/X3 Terran Conflict/X3 Terran Conflict.app/Contents/MacOS/X3 Terran Conflict
What's in here? Is that a folder, or another app?

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Tue, 17. May 11, 15:17

thats classed as a "Unix Executable File" when i double clicked it, it opened terminal and it opened the start up of X3TC

vkerinav

Post by vkerinav » Tue, 17. May 11, 15:38

Then it isn't a Cider port. That certainly complicates things.

What directory are your cat/dat files in? In that simply Applications/X3TC/ ?

Dareliisko

Post by Dareliisko » Tue, 17. May 11, 17:01

I found them here:

Applications/X3 Terran Conflict/Data/

this is where the numbered 1.cat 1.dat ect. are in

with sub folders:

loadscr
mov
scripts
soundtrack
t

thats where I tried placing a "mods" folder it allowed me to click it and then it quit the application

Harryology

Post by Harryology » Wed, 18. May 11, 09:15

Hey mate, I had the same problem when adding them to the mods folder. The solution is to make the .cat and .dat files into fake patches (i.e. In the main folder with .cat and .dat files numbered 1 through 13). Take the next number in the sequence not used and rename your mods that number. Keep doing this for as many mods as you want to install.

Scripts don't need to be renamed, just put in the right folder.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”