Best M3 looks so pathetic

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

stg1969
x3tc

Best M3 looks so pathetic

Post by stg1969 » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 10:24

Why is it that the best M3/M3's look so pathetic...in fact, i think many of the ships in X3TC look cartoony, or rubbish...

For example, IMO, the best all round M3 (Advanced Perseus) = pregnant fish or fat torpedo, it does not look mean, cool, aggressive, it just looks crap.

Advanced Eclipse, looks like a cartoon ship ( i prefer my space graphics a little moodier myself), im not into cartoony stuff (which is why ive always hated Nintendo games through the years).

Boron ships i can kind of excuse, because their whole game persona reflects this, and to be fair, the Kraken looks amazing...

I just think they could have done a much better job with the ships, Argon generally look ok, apart from Advanced Eclipse, OTAS are cool, Terran are ok.

Im waffling a little, its just annoying that the best all round M3 i like to fly looks so shite.
Cargo Bay now contains "Your Cold Dinner"

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 10:32

I find it weird that the Perseus Raider is the fat one while the standard one is more streamlined. Its ship model is the reason why I don't fly it myself. I prefer my Tenjin that I overtuned to Mamba speeds :twisted:

Misomann

Post by Misomann » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 18:12

It's just differing opinions really, I tend to like Terran, Paranid and Yaki M3's for looks. I must agree with jkjk though that the Tenjin is a great looking and useful fighter!

balistos
x4

Post by balistos » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 18:30

<troll>
eclipse -> space woodlouse
falcon -> sex toy
</troll>

:p

EDIT : i love the xperimental shuttle

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 18:34

I'll agree that the Eclipse looks like a woodlouse... or someone sat on some metallic slug or something.
Eurgh.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

MaximumBullfrog

Post by MaximumBullfrog » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 18:34

I find a lot more people seem to like the Split ship design more than I do. Personally, not a fan of the rust paint job. The TL and other cap ships look neat, but honestly the Mamba and similar ships are contenders for the ugliest sci-fi vessels in history.

But it's all just personal taste. Normally I'd hate most OTAS's Tron ships, but the Mistral looks like the Space Shuttle if Daft Punk got their hands on it, which I find hilarious and thus forgiveable.
If it's not Baroque, don't fix it.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 21:55

Things don't have to look awesome to be deadly, remember the Daleks have a deadly plunger! :D
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 21:59

I like the Elite fighter, it looks good.
Favorite M7 is Shrike.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

stg1969
x3tc

Post by stg1969 » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 22:38

InFlamesForEver wrote:Things don't have to look awesome to be deadly, remember the Daleks have a deadly plunger! :D
Lol...i know, but i want my deadly ships to look deadly, not liek a fish thats had a good meal..agree with the guy about the Elite, looks good but its crap (should be called Anna Kournikova)...

Shrike is my fave M7 too....
Cargo Bay now contains "Your Cold Dinner"

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 23:16

My fav now is Blastclaw Prototype and it looks awesome.

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 23:20

In my Aldrin Defender game I loved the Spitfyre. Armed with Prototype A/AM launchers = awesome. This together with the Turbo Booster = oh yeah.

Would be nice if the Terran TM would be a tad faster.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Libelnon
x4

Post by Libelnon » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 23:35

I like the look of most of the ships, apart from most of the paranid ships (pegasus, yuk) and some of the boron. The teladi ships in particular have a feel that they're built for the purpose of space travel and trade, not to look good in screenshots. Helps the immersion, in my opinion.

Gosnell
x4

Post by Gosnell » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 01:02

I am a Mamba Man myself.Its a thing of beauty,If i could marry it I could.
The ugliest has got to be the falcon,it looks like a piece of scrap metal from a toolbox.
Plus the speed,I mean really.

ctcc41
x3tc

Re: Best M3 looks so pathetic

Post by ctcc41 » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 03:18

stg1969 wrote: ,OTAS are cool,
I seem to read posts complementing the look of OTAS ships a lot. But it seems to me that while half their ship realy are nice half are still prity bad.

Whats worse, is that the worst offenders are the three i would otherwise be likly to get more use out of.

The Boreas, Mistal and Mistral Super Freighter all suffer terribly from over use of iluminated sections.
To error is human, to totaly screw things up takes a computer.

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Best M3 looks so pathetic

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 05:26

ctcc41 wrote:...The Boreas, Mistal and Mistral Super Freighter all suffer terribly from over use of iluminated sections.
I agree. They have far too much light-bling. Plus, I think OTAS is intimidated by the ATF and their engineers got a bit too Freudian with those ship designs...

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 06:48

Sexiest fighter in game is the Kopesh Terran M4 from the Cadius Ship Pack. In the right hands it can easily take on a Q, fly to 1000+ mps without cheat overtuning and dance like a figure skater on speed. Plus it has wings, wings can be handy

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 06:58

Freya Nocturne wrote:Sexiest fighter in game is the Kopesh Terran M4 from the Cadius Ship Pack. In the right hands it can easily take on a Q, fly to 1000+ mps without cheat overtuning and dance like a figure skater on speed. Plus it has wings, wings can be handy
I'd throw in the Mani too. Reminds me of the GTF Ulysses from the Freespace series. Oh, the memories ...
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 07:03

Many ships in the X series look really terrible, e.g., Aamon Prototype. The only ships that look really great to me are some ATF and Terran models. I started to think some designers in Ego had bad taste since the first day I played.

But then again, beauty is a personal thing.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 11:23

What? The best M3 look pathetic? The Fenrir doesn't look pathetic, nor does the Venti :D

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 12:13

Rhox wrote:What? The best M3 look pathetic? The Fenrir doesn't look pathetic
Lol. How can a ship that has to wait for it's laser-energy to recharge 3 to 4
times in order to kill the ubiquitous Q be the best anything?

Not a fan of the Adv Perseus looks-wise, I like the looks of the Barracuda raider tho it's stats are harder to love than those of the Fenrir.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”