X3:AP - Mouse x-axis Mapping

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ReeceGolas
x3ap

X3:AP - Mouse x-axis Mapping

Post by ReeceGolas » Sun, 15. Apr 12, 16:34

First of, apologies if this is in the wrong forum, not entirely sure if I'm just being an idiot or this doesn't actually exist.

I'm new to X3:AP/TC but I've just had a thoroughly enjoyable playthrough of X3:R. In X3:R I became very use to using the mouse/keyboard to fly. The best feature (used exclusively in fighters, limited use in M1/2) was the ability to change the X-Axis of the mouse to 'roll'.

However, since buying X3:AP/TC I cannot find an option at all to remap the mouse x-axis. Is there anyway for this to be done? It's not enjoyable at all to have to relearn how to do basic flying and shake 100+hours of familiarity.

ReeceGolas
x3ap

Post by ReeceGolas » Sun, 15. Apr 12, 23:07

Bump

Does anyone have an idea/answer for this?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 10:09

Roll is usually done with Q/E keys.
There is an option to remap keys but any assigned keys have to be unassigned before you reassign them.

ReeceGolas
x3ap

Post by ReeceGolas » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 15:27

I understand that. However, since the mouse x-axis isn't a key it a won't accept it's input. As said, in X3:R there was an option to change the x-axis and it is lacking in X3:AP...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 15:56

ReeceGolas wrote:I understand that. However, since the mouse x-axis isn't a key it a won't accept it's input. As said, in X3:R there was an option to change the x-axis and it is lacking in X3:AP...
I have just checked the Controls/Game options .

Roll left = q
Roll right = e

These can be changed to left/right mouse buttons.

If your mouse inputs are not accepted,then something is wrong with your installation or mouse driver.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 16:14

@ TTD: The OP is talking about moving the whole mouse left/right sideways with the aim of getting anti/clockwise roll instead of the usual directional turn, not use of the left/right mouse buttons.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 16:32

oh,so the OP means moving mouse left to right , a bit like in Elite where direction is only up or down ,and to change to another direction involves rolling the ship ?

I still can't see why , if that is the preferred method , why you can't just use the roll method with q/e.

But yes,I do understand about re-learning how to fly.
Probably why I have stuck to TC more than going back to earlier x-games.
I don't use roll very much anyway.But that's just me.

Ravna

Post by Ravna » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 17:46

In X3R, there were 4 profile entries which configured the mouse X-axis.
These entries are gone and don't seem to do anything anymore.
I copied them from a Reunion profile but the mouse behavior didn't change.

Hint: Get a joystick.
When in doubt, use brute force.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”