Ion Disruptor Questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ahddib
x4

Ion Disruptor Questions

Post by ahddib » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 07:53

I've never used Ion disruptors much before so I have a few questions.

How long does it take to fry systems in a ship to prep for capture?

What are all the variables associated with this process?

Specifically, does using multiple IDs increase the chance of system destruction?

can you cap smaller ships with this? I do see some hull damage on the stats, but iirc bailing happens at specific hull % intervals.

Thanks,
Ahddib

Max1045
x4

Post by Max1045 » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 08:34

AFAIK there are no specific benchmarks for bailing. How long it takes to prep a ship for boarding really depends. First of all, it's completely random when the items are destroyed. Second of all, it depends how much is on the ship you're fixing. The best thing to do is just to check after every few seconds of firing; it rarely takes long. Yes, mulitple IDs do speed up the process, as each one has the possibility of destroying equipment.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 09:25

Also take energy into account. That's why a lot of people prefer frying from their M7 rather than M6 or M3, you can do it from many turrets andfor a longer time.
Where is it?

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 12:47

On the smaller ships bailing question;
Ion-Ds are nerfed to have a single reduced chance of causing a bail followed by no further bail tests.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 23:07

I had a question to add to this thread, and since it's on the topic of Ion D's, I figured it would be a good place for it.

Did they nerf the amazing Graphic that was Ion D Lightning bolts/etc between TC and AP?

If nothing else, that was 1 of my favorite weapons for the simple fact that it looked awesome! Now in AP, it looks pretty bland. :-(

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Ion Disruptor Questions

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 02:42

ahddib wrote:...
can you cap smaller ships with this? I do see some hull damage on the stats, but iirc bailing happens at specific hull % intervals.
There are two bail-check markers, IIRC. One at 87% and one much lower, around 23%, I think. (Definitely not sure about the latter number. I don't try to get a lot of bails.)

Each pilot also has a "Morale" bonus. If it's high, they may not bail no matter what you do.

Also, your ship's class matters. If you're in a much larger ship, the pilot's morale suffers. Flying an M5 while one is being pounded by an M2 is likely something one would be willing to avoid, at all costs. Unfortunately for the M5 pilot, they usually don't get much of a chance to bail before their ship explodes.

As far as capping fighters, you probably could use it if you found something appropriate to mount the ID on.

Merephet
x3tc

Post by Merephet » Wed, 18. Apr 12, 14:32

- You cant fry the last shield or built in components.
- The chance to fry will start when the shields are at zero.
- Make sure the target ship is far from other ships or they will get zapped too. (sector defence ships)
- Turrets have different animation, splash affect on the target ship while the main weapons have a lightning effect. (both AP & TC)
- NEVER fire while the boarding is on the way, both space walk or boarding missile, they will get instantly destroyed.
- ONLY AFTER the boarding crew hits the hull and start to cutting you can fire.
- More Ion disruptor on the target = less time.
- Simple scan the ship and from time to time watch the cargo getting smaller and smaller .
- Best to equip on M6 or higher.

For me the Q drop its missiles too. (using Heavy Centaur)
I think M1 and M2 has the longest time to fry something, i guess ihull points is involve.

The things involve in bail-check are. (what i know so far)
ATF ships m4,m5,m3 (in TC) never bail
Your fighting Rank.
Big ship class vs small ship class.
Massive damage helps, just carefull not to blow the ship as the pilot bails.
X3: Albion Prelude (Steam)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”