DiD Idea Bouncing?

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Libelnon
x4

DiD Idea Bouncing?

Post by Libelnon » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 04:29

Here's something I think may be an idea - a thread where people can post together half-formed ideas, or requests for things they would like to see done, so that people who want to write DiDs but haven't gotten solid ideas for them can browse and collect together ideas. May be best to keep them short and sweet, so people can glean ideas for what they plan to do. So, to pool some things together to start with, I'll add a few of my own recent scenario ideas:

A Teladi-based campaign in which the main character is the victim of a scandal or similar event and loses the majority of their assets, and is forced to rebuild their corporation from the ground up.

A Split-based campaign in which the main character is from a minor family or particularly downtrodden family, thrust into the spotlight by his superior combat or strategic ability. (Much like the Savage Split start)

A Pirate-based campaign in which the main character is forced into a life of crime by circumstance, such as running from his own government, and detests the life he has been forced to lead.

An Argon-based campaign in which the main character failed to gain himself a role in the Argon Navy, and so instead decides to seek his fortune and prove his worth as a soldier-of-fortune.

A Terran-based campaign in which the main character opposes the ATF regime, and is forced to flee the Terran sectors and seek refuge in amongst the commonwealth territories to escape the wrath of Gestapo-esque internal police force who wishes to silence his dissidence.

Hope these can give people some ideas, and that others will add to them!
Sorry, were you expecting a witty one-liner?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 04:36

I like the Terran idea. I might go with something like that after I'm done with my current DiD. If I can come up with a suitable character, that is.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Libelnon
x4

Post by Libelnon » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 04:43

8) Here's an idea bearing fruit already. :wink:
Sorry, were you expecting a witty one-liner?

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 13:23

I'd like the idea about a character manipulating the factions into a full scale war with each other in a kind of special ops manner.

However I have no idea how to make it work atm.

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 16:07

RyuKazuha wrote:I'd like the idea about a character manipulating the factions into a full scale war with each other in a kind of special ops manner.

However I have no idea how to make it work atm.

Improved races mod, set all to enemy
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Fri, 24. Aug 12, 22:40

If it would be that easy I'd have done it nathan.

Of course u can use IR to spark a war, however it's not the same thing like manipulation the factions standing towards each other through playing.

46_n_2
x3tc

Post by 46_n_2 » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 03:46

i was going to do something like the Pirate one suggested, using unholy traitor start. i decided against it tho, because i wasnt sure if i could pull off a Paranid character...

only other idea i can think of is what i wanna use on my next one (if there is a next one) bankrupt assassin start. can only take combat missions, no plot, and can only be friends with Teladi, Pirate and Yaki. a character that just wants to watch the 'verse burn :twisted:

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 04:26

I intend, during the next break in my current DiD, to play a totally honest Split Trader. A custom start using a Jaguar and Caiman, instead of the Humble Trader's Disco/Mercury Combo.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “Creative Universe”