factory settings.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

C04L
x4

factory settings.

Post by C04L » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 16:25

hello all. i have got my sector Guiding Star.
i looked at the manual and made a closed loop factory complex to produce alot of energy. and its going well. (i basically didnt want to buy any more energy from anyone else).
now i just got an ore mine. i manually filled it with a mercury hauler. this mercury i want to have it supplying the ore mine with energy from my closed loop complex.
but when i set it to go "buy ware for best price = Energy" it completely bypasses my energy complex and goes to another sector.

please, would somebody help me understand how to make my mercury only buy energy from my complex?
i've messed about with the parameters page of both the complex and the mine, but to be honest, im not much of an economist and i dont really understand what the parameters are associated with. i've also read Apricot's handbook about it and well, im a thicky!
really i dont need a dummies guide either, i need an idiots guild to factories. :oops:

i will be eternally greatfull to anyone who can make me understand factories

Burnt Pies
x3tc

Post by Burnt Pies » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 18:41

You could use CLS1, set the Mercury's homebase to the 'plex, tell it the plex is energy cell supplier and the mine's a consumer. That would probably do what you want. Otherwise, use Buy Ware, set the complex as the place to buy energy cells, and repeats -1, as I believe that makes it go infinitely.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 19:13

if its in the same sector, then put max jumps to 0, then it will only be able to buy from yours.

if not, then you can also do manual trade run (need mk1 and trade system extension on the ship), -1 for infinite repeats, just make sure they are making a "profit" ( so set the selling price of the Ecells to lower than what your ore mine is buying them at)

theres also the more involved CLS / CAG from the bonus pack.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

C04L
x4

Post by C04L » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 22:46

yea, manual trade worked, i tried it before but i had the prices the wrong way round which is why it didn't work.
thanks for the advice guys :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”