[SCRIPT][AP/TC] Improved Races 2.0 v1.08 (6'th-June-12)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jack08
x3tc

[SCRIPT][AP/TC] Improved Races 2.0 v1.08 (6'th-June-12)

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 07:43

[ external image ]
Improved Races 2.0
Improved Races 2.0 is a complete rewrite of the original Improved Races, it has the same features as the original with improvements across the board for stability and performance, as well as some tweaking and refining of existing features.
[ external image ]
Features
[ external image ]
Image Displays Recommended Settings(Click for a larger image)
  • Racial Sector Takeovers
    The Racial Sector Takeover Option allows you to enable racial assault fleets that will target nearby hostile territory and attempt to claim it for themselves.
  • Incursion Response
    The Incursion Response Option enables the races to respond to assault fleets and other major incursions into there space by sending a defensive wing to protect that sector.
  • Player Sector Takeover
    Allows the player to claim sectors they have conquered as there own
  • True Relations
    The True Relations Racial Relations Model makes it impossible for a player to be friendly with all races.
    The True Relations Model works on the concept "Friends of my Enemy's are my Enemy's", making the way you play the game drastic different as you will have to choose who are you friends and who are you enemy's. Betrayal will not go over well here, In fact you could find yourself in a situation where no one likes you at all - Except maybe the pirates.
    • True Relations: Notoriety Fixer
      The Notoriety Fixer gradually filters its way through the sectors for the galaxy fixing the stations stance to the player to or from hostile, depending on the players notoriety toward that race.
    • True Relations: Show Reputation Changes
      The Show Reputation Changes option exists so that you can see exactly how True Relations functions, it will print out the relation changes as they happen to the subtitle UI.
  • Plot Protection
    Plot Protection (enabled by default) will attempt to preserve plot related sectors and stations and prevent IR from attacking these sectors and installations.
    THIS IS NOT PERFECT. It is recommended that if you desire being able to complete the terran plot then do not enable IR's Invasion or Response features until after you have done so.
  • Low CPU Mode
    Low CPU Mode is intended for players whom computers have a CPU core frequency is less then 2.3ghz (This value varies alot depending on the core type, make and brand, but 2.3ghz seems to be a good average point where this option really helps)
    The Option works by increasing wait timers on all active scripts (an "Active Script" is deemed as a script that runs continuously on a ship or object for AI Logic), and it also cuts fighter counts on carriers by 50%
    • Low CPU Mode: No Carrier Fighters
      This Option removes fighters from carriers completely, and is intended for use if you are running into frame rate issues even when in LowCPU Mode
  • Economy Booster
    The Economy Booster uses an intelligent information gathering and processing algorithm to asses the supply and demand situation of nearby sectors.
    After retrieving this data it formulates a list of stations that should be built to best support the economy in the surrounding areas.
    This process is time consuming because of the amount of waits that have been put in place to ensure this system does not impact the games performance at all, Each Ecobooster TL that is launched takes approximately 5 minutes to compute this data, and will then deploy the desired stations.
  • Player Ship Construction
    Allows the player to purchases ships from a shipyard will pre-defined equipment load-outs to save the hassle of having to send ships to multiple equipment docks to get all the required extensions.
  • Disable M7M Frigates
    This option will prevent IR from spawning Missile Frigates.
    You can enable this option if you need to reduce CPU load from missiles or you just hate missile frigates ;)
  • Integrated CWP
    CWP has been embedded into IR2.0 to ensure optimal weapon configurations on IR ships, this embedded implementation is not mod specific and will not interfere with any other mods that run CWP
  • New: X-Timelines Advanced Carrier Logic
    The X-Timelines Carrier logic has been ported to function in the standard game.
    The new logic uses a networked intelligence that allows all carriers of the same race within the same sector to function as one providing a highly effective and responsive fighter management logic
    If you find yourself up against a enemy IR carrier and your only in a fighter, i highly suggest to stay outside of its engagement range (30km). If you do accidentally draw the carriers attention, fly to an allied carrier, it will protect you.
[ external image ]
Download & Installation
  • [ external image ] or Download: .RAR
  • Install with Plugin Manager
  • Start a New Game, or Load an Existing Game
  • Activate The Script Editor
  • Save the Game, then Load the Game
  • IMPORTANT: Dont forget to bind the IR Comm System Hotkey, and Configure the plugin (or it wont do anything :P)
Alot of play-testing has been done but its inevitable that a few bugs will splip through, please report any you find! Thanks.
[ external image ]
Known Mod Compatibility
  • X Rebalance Mod (XRM): OK
  • X-Tended Terran Conflict 2.0 (XTC): Incompatible This mods own response system will cause IR's response system to go haywire, do not install this script with XTC if you like your games performance to be high as IR will spawn thousands of ships.
  • Time of The Truth (TOTT): Incompatible Reason: Shield file is not compatible with the xtl.CWP.xml implementation
  • DDTC: OK
[ external image ]
Credits
7ate9tin11s: For the original IR concept
Shuulo: Epic Beta Tester
djrygar: For obvious reasons
[ external image ]

Resources Used: Text File 7777 (Intentional Conflict with XTL Mod)
Last edited by Jack08 on Thu, 9. Feb 17, 21:14, edited 37 times in total.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 07:43

reserved
Last edited by Jack08 on Sat, 22. Jun 13, 10:54, edited 2 times in total.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 07:44

reserved
Last edited by Jack08 on Sat, 22. Jun 13, 10:54, edited 2 times in total.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 07:44

[ external image ]
Known Bugs
  • taking over sectors for allies isn't fully programmed, the eco booster wont run on them sectors yet
[ external image ]
Change Log
  • Version 1.08
  • Fixed glitch that allowed multiple eco TL's to spawn in one sector
  • Fixed glitch that allowed eco TL's to spawn without equipment
  • Fixed glitch causing Military Bases spawning an infinate amount of ships
  • Updated the universe cleaner to also clear IR's global limiter arrays as a possible temp fix for invasions stalling
  • Version 1.07a
  • The eco booster should no longer attempt to build approximately 100 of each station type in its build queue
  • Version 1.07
  • Added XTLC Flag to carrier fighters to ensure removal with the universe cleaner, only applies to newly spawned fighters
  • Added functionality to the hot war editor to update existing ships relations in the universe
  • Added code to the EcoBooster to actually start the production tasks on spawned stations
  • Added Aldrin 2 to the EcoBooster sector blacklist, Terrans should no longer spawn aldrin facility
  • (Hopefully) Fixed the issue of response ships not de spawning, and added code to optimise response ships clean-up
  • (Hopefully) Fixed the issue of invasion ships not de spawning, and also acting independently, and (rarely) just being stupid... lol
  • Slight AI tweaks to allow for possible Emergent Behaviour ( No clue if this will work, but its worth a try after what happened in XTL! )
  • Version 1.06
  • Fixed a potential glitch in the invader script that could deadlock the ship into attempting to destroy a friendly target, resulting in a 0/ms bug
  • Fixed Cascading responses bug caused by script engine "feature" of nearest dock != nearest dock 50% of the time
  • Fixed a glitch in the hot war preset causing some relations to be skipped
  • Added AP Hot war preset
  • Added Universe Cleaner
  • Recon were not being flagged as IR ships, this has been fixed. Recon drones in existence before this patch will not be cleaned by the universe cleaner
  • Version 1.05
  • Fixed a Recon Drone Glitch that would result in cascading responces
  • Version 1.04
  • Disabled EcoBooster Debug Mode .. Oops
  • Updated Russian Translation
  • Prevented Carrier Managers fighters from vanishing if the carrier died
  • New Feature: X-Timelines Advanced Carrier Logic
  • Version 1.03a
  • Added Russian Translation (Добавлен русский перевод), Courtesy of Shuulo
  • Version 1.03
  • Victory will now abort an invasion if heading for friendly space
  • Added Argon Sector M148 to plot protected list
  • Added special code to prevent responses in Argon Sector M148 if plot protection is active
  • Version 1.02
  • Bugfix to prevent ship build-up in null sector
  • Fixed spelling mistake in IR Menu (probably the first of many)
  • Version 1.01
  • Disabled Debug Mode ... Oops
  • Version 1.0
  • 1.0: Initial Release
Last edited by Jack08 on Tue, 5. Jun 12, 19:35, edited 20 times in total.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 07:48

Nice, should be fun to get this one rollin'
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 10:03

I just let out a minute long squeal :D :D :D

On a more serious note how do I safely uninstall the old version of IR. I have heard before that you shouldn't just delete scripts.
Last edited by jack775544 on Mon, 12. Mar 12, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 10:09

Update Version 1.01
  • Disabled Debug Mode ... Opps
jack775544 wrote:I just let out a minute long squeal :D :D :D

On a more serious not how do I safely uninstall the old version of IR. I have heard before that you shouldn't just delete scripts.
Run the original IR "Clean Universe" function, when it completes remove it, and then install this version

Success is not garaunteed, but hey its worth trying :P im pritty sure it will work
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 11:10

what are the features that still need to be implemented for improved Xenon?
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 11:21

jack775544 wrote:what are the features that still need to be implemented for improved Xenon?
The Improved Xenon, and Kha'ak are both non functional basically, the only functionality the Improved Xenon currenlty have is responce logic, and micro attack logic (mini attacks that generate tokens)

They dont have full attack AI yet.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

PDouma39
xr

Compatible with AP?

Post by PDouma39 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 11:45

Is your new improved mod compatible with AP? And if so can be used with XRM?
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

Jack08
x3tc

Re: Compatible with AP?

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 12:00

PDouma39 wrote:Is your new improved mod compatible with AP? And if so can be used with XRM?
Title already says AP, As for XRM - it should be, it has none of the issues that caused the original IR to go crazy in the XRM universe

only way to know is to try it... when i get some free time im going to install XRM and create a reduced jobes file for it to remove some of the excess jobs that IR makes redundant, and a script to disable the AP XRM War, if possible. Both will be avalible under the optional extras section.

Ill be adding a No Colour Names optional extra too, to remove the coloured names on the IR fleets
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 12:58

Yay!

Thanks for the new version!

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 13:16

Possible IR bug report:

After installing IR, I noticed several nameless ships so I ran a script that removes all nameless ships and the game froze. Never had an issue running the remove ship script so I suspect that it killed an IR ship that caused the loop?

Also, I am a little unclear as to whether or not the hot war is actually working or not. There is nothing in the menu stating if its installed or not when manually changing the relations. (as opposed to importing the preset)

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 14:06

Thank you, appreciate all the hard work all of you put in this mod, will try it out today.
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

robalexhall
x3tc

Post by robalexhall » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 16:01

Thanks from an IR user. Will try this later today.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 16:32

dont want to be a grammar nazi but I noticed that both on the screenshot and in the opening post you wrote econAmy and it should be econOmy *hiding under a table* I'll install the mod later on today and check it out (I'm using the old version at the moment)

EDIT: ha ha what a shame I made a few spelling mistakes in this post myself :D :D

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 18:26

Download Removed to deploy a critical bugfix (700+ ships are being created as {Unknown} race in sector null per save load)

Please standby for a single script download to rectify this issue in anyone who has already downloaded the scripts game.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 18:43

Download Restored
  • Version 1.02
  • Bugfix to prevent shipbuildup in null sector
  • Fixed spellling mistake in IR Menu (probably the first of many)
Anyone who has installed and used IR2.0 in there savegame at least once, it is of critical importantce that you download this script: http://download.xtimelines.net/a.IRFixScript.xml (right click, save as)

Place the script in your /Scripts or /addon/Scripts directory depending on your game type.
Run the game and load your save.
Open the script editor
find & select a.IRFixScript
Run the script (hit "r" with the script selected, and enter null as the refrence object)

Once this is complete, if you havent already installed version 1.02 save the game and do so now, do not reload the game with 1.01 installed or you will have to repeat the process.

My apologies about this i shouldnt have let this slip through the testing process.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 18:51

Also, I am a little unclear as to whether or not the hot war is actually working or not. There is nothing in the menu stating if its installed or not when manually changing the relations. (as opposed to importing the preset)
Your unsure if the hotwar editor is actually changing the relations when you change them manually?

The editor reads the relations state directly from the games notoriety value when you open it, so if you close it, reopen it and it still has the settings you applied then its working ;)
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Sarganto

Post by Sarganto » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 20:13

So I installed IR today...actually more for the player ship construction thing than the rest, but I am really wondering what the "war editor" is doing.

Any info or thread or readme on this?
Cae caret ora cruore nostro?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”