RRF 2.0 - 1.1 rollback fix 1.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

RRF 2.0 - 1.1 rollback fix 1.0

Post by LV » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 20:37

install instructions

I will assume you know how to manually put the scripts in your AP scripts folder, if not seek help.

Put the scripts in the scripts folder and agree to overwrite all files. Then manually delete plugin.rrf.jump.2.gate.pck & plugin.rrf.monitor.4.signal.pck

feel free to delete the same files that are .xml format if you like to break your game as these are the FIXED versions

without deleting the .pck versions x will always ignore the xml as pck have the higher priority

once done rrf should start working again, as there has been a high enemy presence they may get waxed at first and the respawn is slow in 2.0 from what i have seen and i don;t know if it has been altered or not

remember if your steam is set to auto veryfy files it will then overwrite this fix so make sure it's off or you don;t do it

mess up the game with this, auto veryfy files and steam will delete and fix

obviously the issue a few users had with locking up entering a rrf ship sector i've seen in tech support a few times will be there again as that was one of the 2.0 fixes and i ain't got a scoobie on what it was or how it was fixed

[ external image ]

:)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 21:10

Aha, so it is the straight former RRF script?

When you mentioned "auto verify files" I guess you meant the steam cloud synchronization? I am happy you mentioned it since I did not know you could turn it off without going offline, thanks :)

Right now I am doing the [THIS] exchange in the 2.0 scripts, if it seems that does not work I guess a rollback will be the next step.

Cheers!
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 23:24

Thanks LV, appreciate you supplying this fix.

Scoob.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 23:53

cycrow also pointed out it will have the ships losing commands bug as well that rrf was causing, i'll chat to him soon to see if there's a quick fix

Panzertard
x4

Post by Panzertard » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 15:54

:thumb_up: thanks for that, LV. I was considering rolling back to my 1.1 backup.
/Panzertard

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 04:45

Sorry to drag this up again, but I have been thinking about rolling back, but I didn't think this would have the shield recharge fix or the capture fix. As it turns out it at least has the shield recharge fix according to the google download. Does that mean if I put in the new signal handler it should also handle the capture fix, or does it already include that?

It now makes more sense, this is the fix I was asking about before in the main forum, egosoft just likes the version that's currently running.....

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”