[AP] Trying to stock Yaki IBL forges with resources

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wilee Darklight
x4

[AP] Trying to stock Yaki IBL forges with resources

Post by Wilee Darklight » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 07:18

Hey all,

I've got a complex in Savage Spur that makes all of the resources needed for the Yaki to make me some good ol' IBLs.

However my 2 ships that I set to CAG (yeah I have the bonus pack) just sit in the complex and do nothing. (After the complex got going, of course)

Now my complex just sits there full of resources and the two ships I've got set to CAG just sit there with: "Cmd: CAG on standby...". Should they not actively seek out places to sell materials by default? (Note: default trade distance is 15 jumps, Weavers Tempest is a mere 3 jumps away)

Inb4 you're doing it wrong: Is there a better way to keep the two IBL forges stocked up?
Ar- Ar- Ar- Bo- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Gate.

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 07:37

CLS 2 if you only want the IBL's supplied. Set supply conditions to match the stock levels and prices the IBL's maintain.

Aside from that:
CAG and CLS need a certain level before they can use jumpdrives. CAG will search for best deals (not necessarily the IBL's). Both will avoid enemy sectors - be sure you can actually dock at the IBL's. And check your factory prices.

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 08:58

Funny, I'm building a Complex in Weaver Tempest right now. Not using the CAGs though, as they are kind of a hassle.

Primary issue I have with them, is having to unload stock on return so they aren't full for the next load and deliver. That, and they don't recognize when a station can't be restocked; they just follow their route blindly anyway.

My Sector Traders aren't doing anything yet, but I figure if the prices are right and stations actually running, it should go pretty smoothly. I'm starting with 3 just to get it all going, (I have a Complex and separate factories and Mines, rather than all-in-one), then I should be able to limit it to 1 after that.

Best thing about Sector Traders is you can control jump range once they level up and use the Blacklist manager, and they actually buy and sell based on what is in demand and supply. Much less Micromanagement that way.

CAGs have their uses, particularly the Commercial Representative I think. That seems to work the best. Not really to caught up on the CLS1 and CLS2 though.

sharkball
x4

Post by sharkball » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 09:34

I am keeping them stocked a different way: with a chain of Trading Stations. Each trading station has multiple Drakes assigned to it running Commercial Agent (with default settings + jumpdrive enabled). The station ranges are set so that they are in range of each other BUT cannot path into a pirate or xenon sector.

For prices for all goods (and they trade alot of goods): set to Average - (1x number of stations from the first one+1)... except energy cells (all stations buy and sell for 14). This allows the stations to "push" goods towards Ocracoke's storm and weaver's tempest.

AVG-1: Ocracoke's Storm (range 5)
AVG-2: Empire's Edge (range 3)
AVG-3: Cloudbase Southwest (range 4)
AVG-4: Three Worlds (range 4)
AVG-5: Queen's Space (range 3)
AVG-6: Teladi Gain (range 4)
AVG-7: Blue Profit (range 3) and Family Pride (range 4) [you can also add a 3rd station here at mines of fortune range 3 or home of opportunity range 5... i have not done so yet]

you can also add another branch from empires edge to dukes' vision / preacher's refuge / ministry of finance but I have not done that either

I also have a station at Weaver's tempest with range of 3 that deals in ONLY the goods bought and sold by IBL forges and Spacefuel factories... this keeps things like Space Fuel isolated in only Yaki territory to avoid customs (and I guess I don't trade in spaceweed with my network at all).

I haven't quantified how much money this makes... but it's ALOT... Teladi Trading Station+CA Drakes are quite profitable. I don't bother with factory complexes.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 16:26

Use External Logistics (IIRC), Set waypoint, choose your complex, choose load ware, choose Space Fuel (or E-Cells, or Ore), choose "up-to", choose an ammount you can fit in the cargo hold along with the rest of the materials you need. Repeat for the rest of the components you need.

Next set waypoint again, choose the IBL forge. Select sell ware, choose lowest price (to ensure it sells, unless you are cost conscience, you can sell for a higher price and not keep it completely stocked) choose Space Fuel (or E-Cells, or Ore), choose "up-to", type in 5000 for E-cells, 666 for space fuel, or 1666 for ore. Repeat for the rest of the components. Save the setting, incase your TS gets killed. Select start CLS (or whatever the start option is). Watch as the forges get stocked.

Next you will probably need to set one up to buy the IBLs as they are produced. I can go through the steps for that as well if you would like.

Wilee Darklight
x4

Post by Wilee Darklight » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 18:21

ok Cool!
Thanks for the replies!

@Flozem: Yeah, my 2 CAGs were Major Dealers and I can dock with the Yaki Stations

@xTemon: I'm the same way, I only use CAG, haven't really touched CLS, yet its starting to sound like a good idea

@sharkball: Not a bad plan. I built the Complex in Savage Spur for that same reason: Customs haha. Back when I was new to X3 I'd have my Space fuel distillery in, say, Antigone Memorial and SETA over night to find my complex in pieces in the morning. couldn't for the life of me figure out why haha

@martimus: now this sounds like its exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for the quick tutorial :P
Ar- Ar- Ar- Bo- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Gate.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 18:47

One more tip for CLS that really helped me. You can unload more than you load the TS with. It will just make multiple trips to unload the product. I had to do this in Weavers Tempest because one Tern wasnt big enough to fit all the resources needed for two IBL forges.

AL'42
x3tc

Re: [AP] Trying to stock Yaki IBL forges with resources

Post by AL'42 » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 17:04

Wilee Darklight wrote:Is there a better way to keep the two IBL forges stocked up?
Done this loads of times, there’s silicon and ore roids in sector right

I thought standard simple method was a small closed complex in Weavers producing spacefuel, ore, energy, with 3 traders selling for best price in the sector.

(single sector trader should’ve also worked but often stopped for some reason)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”