[Help] New player, want to get into X3 while waiting for X4

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ComManDerBG
x4

[Help] New player, want to get into X3 while waiting for X4

Post by ComManDerBG » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:19

So, while X4 is getting fixed and finished by modders and the devs i was thinking about getting into the X3 games. I already have X3: TC and AP on steam, i got it a awhile ago but never got around to playing them properly. From what can figure, vanilla TC and AP are pretty broken even after patches, (though my info could be out of date, its been years since i last looked at the games). What is a good mod, mod pack, scripts or fix collection, rebalance, or whatever that new player could get into and appreciate. I read up on litcube and while the whole thing is pretty impressive from every angle, its definitely seems geared towards veterans, they even say so in the FAQ. From the little i played (and messing around with thereshallbewings lol) the only thing that truly bothers me is the ridiculously slow ship speed and the hilariously low range on cap weapons. Thanks for the help!
Also, i really want to emphasize the new player part, your favorite super massive command script with 40 pages of documentation is going to be lost on me, for now anyways, im sure after a few dozen hours i will be totally down to get into that, just not right away.

Also also, the Black Armory content drop for Destiny 2 is bunk so i just want to build a space empire and make my own black armory, blackjack and hookers :D .

Shuulo
x4

Re: [Help] New player, want to get into X3 while waiting for X4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 20:59

The only right answer will be to play X3AP with Litcube Universe mod
I never looked back to vanilla after playing LU, its an ultimate final mod to X3. Its not really geared towards veterns, you will get much better experience with it than with any other mod even as a newb as it fixes all of problems vanilla has. You are not forced to fight from the start and you can deactivate some features in the AL settings (in-game menu) that make game harder.

ComManDerBG
x4

Post by ComManDerBG » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 21:14

Are you sure? it seem specifically designed for people who are veterans with 100s of hours. it even says so in the faq.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 22:17

It says so, yes, but from my experience it just gives some kind of endgame to the veterans.
In any other aspect you are free to do anything you would do in vanilla but with better performance and less bugs.

There is even a question in LU Q&A

I am new-ish to the X-verse. Will I be able to handle LU?
Maybe. Letting your game SETA overnight while your two UTs make money is unlikely a viable strategy now. It's meant to be an epic campaign, so you're not going to lose in the span of a few days.

I'm worried about OCV and Phanon expansion
It's not a huge panic race against time, but there is a slight sense of urgency. You'll get messages time to time to let you know what's happening in the Universe. However, running SETA run overnight to have your 1 UT gain you millions probably isn't a good idea.

sepa
x4

Post by sepa » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 22:24

LxXRM is a solid choice (though I would advise to remove the UI changes - just go to dds directory and rename 3 files that have 'gui' or 'interface' in name, easy to spot).

It is taking a while to install, but afterwards it just plays nicely, without the complication of LU (which is for veteran players).

Or, if you new, maybe just vanilla for a while?
Shit happens, ppl die. Usually when I'm around.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”