AP: Poisoned Paranid start - is this right?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nllsq

AP: Poisoned Paranid start - is this right?

Post by nllsq » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 14:23

This is the first time I'm am playing the Poisoned Paranid start. Finished the mission just a bit befofre the end of the first day. Got two ships: the Hyperion Vanguard and one other junk that still sits at the Boron station.

However, several hours later, even though my rank with the Paranid is now one level above "Nomad" I still see red Paranid ships, especially the "police" ones. Is this going to continue forever?

Goldfinch
x3tc

Post by Goldfinch » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 14:29

Can you comm them and apologise?

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 14:31

Red lasertowers need to be killed, either by missile trick or by ramming to negate / reduce the rep loss of killing it.

Red flights of ships will turn blue eventually, if they have the comm option " weapon fire in error", thisll usually fix it.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 14:53

increasing your rep further might help, but some ships will remain enemies, regardless of your standing with the race.

you can try appologising to the ships

nllsq

Post by nllsq » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 15:05

Thanks! So, the situation is like with the pirates. Hmm. I did apologizing, and sometimes it worked, but then in the next sector the police ships would be red. Oh well.

Draekros
xr

Post by Draekros » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 15:12

Catra wrote:Red lasertowers need to be killed, either by missile trick or by ramming to negate / reduce the rep loss of killing it.
I found that getting the police license and reentering the sector with the red lasertowers resets them, eventually (might have to reenter the sector a couple of times). At least it seemed to work ok for me. Didn't have to kill a single lasertower. I got the info from another thread. I'm not 100% sure if it's the license or my rather high rep with the paranids.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 15:12

Apologizing works only on the unit being commed, not the entire race.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 20:12

Catra wrote:Apologizing works only on the unit being commed, not the entire race.
Comm the largest ship in the sector - it's the fleet commander. If it accepts your apology, you're good to go.

Also check your ships' interplanetary relation settings.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 20:28

Those red Lasertowers can be reset to blue by

(1) Get out of sector.
(2) Sending another ship in-sector or leave a satellite (but not too close to the LT, for obvious reason)

As for the ships that are red, they are either

(1) millitary ships homed at the Orbital Laser
or
(2) trading ships spawned as part of the "Kill convoy" missions.

Those will either turn blue or terminated over time, so don't worry about them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”