EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

X3AP Retail versions
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 30. May 12, 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If by "over here" you mean the US, then you're almost certainly not seeing advertising for the simple reason that there is no US publisher for the game.

Without getting bogged down in the details, many of which I don't know anyway, US publishers tend to be more conservative than in many other parts of the world, and less willing to take on titles that do not fit into the major FPS/RTS/RPG genres. Indeed, with the high fixed costs associated with a run of DVD production and packaging, it's increasingly hard for publishers in many countries to justify releasing games that way unless they can be pretty sure of selling millions of copies.

If you live in a country that doesn't have a publishing or distribution deal, then there is nothing stopping you from ordering the game from an importer, or from a supplier willing to ship internationally. The Egosoft shop does this, as do various retailers. You don't even have to order the English version. If you can only find, say, the German version available for international delivery, then the only difference is in the packaging; the contents of the DVDs are exactly the same. Smile

Oh, and as always: please take general discussion of the pros and cons of Steam to the extensive Steam thread in the X Rebirth forum. Smile

ken851

PostPosted: Mon, 25. Jun 12, 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

1 -- I have the Superbox, but the DVD i damaged, is there any way I can get a replacement if I send the disk back to ??? with postage ???.

2 -- I have finally got X- beyond the fontier, X2 The Treath and Reunion to work on GA790 DX4, 5670 1Gb radon, 8 Gb ram 7 pro 64 bit using cat 12.3. updating, C++ 2010. I am super chuffed to see the grafics, and the game play on one of my 2 screens. Deleated from XP PC and reinstalled on to 7pro 64 bit.

3. I wish the command screens was on a floating screen to the other physical screen. Because I am slow and old I take time to do things.
4- I am one of those who want a hard copy on DVD.
I like your manuals in PDF. I will be printing some of the pages. I wish I had a A1 printer on got A4.
5- I love the old games as they are (excluding bugs) but wound like them upgraded to the new TEC of 64 bit, multi screen, 3D passive.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Mon, 25. Jun 12, 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ken851 wrote:
I have the Superbox, but the DVD i damaged, is there any way I can get a replacement if I send the disk back to ??? with postage ???.

That's something you'd have to ask the publisher, as they are the ones who deal with the companies that produce the disks. However, they would be under no obligation to do so (unless the disk was damaged when you bought it) and quite frankly I doubt they have spare disks lying around any more than Egosoft does. A much simpler solution might be to simply register your Superbox with Steam and download the game from there.

ken851

PostPosted: Tue, 26. Jun 12, 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thank You

Iwill try to reg the superbox as soon as i figure it out.
Finding the discs are difficult as I dont use the net to buy.

thanks again

TTD

PostPosted: Tue, 26. Jun 12, 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If you have the x-encyclopedia edition,the code key is on the leaflet that explains how to bind the 'pedia.
Not sure of other versions.

XDownloads (a Mod Library)
Xadrian'sComplexCalc
REBIRTH HELP
SurvivorSue

PostPosted: Mon, 9. Jul 12, 09:20    Post subject: No steam.exe! Reply with quote Print

I have just managed, after much trial and tribulation and a lot advice in the Support Forum, to get the No steam.exe to work!
Anyone considering buying the War Pack on the proviso that they can neutralise Steam with this download, I would advise reading my thread in the support forum. Although I no doubt contributed to the difficulty myself by using an old laptop and being a non-tech. type of girl, the fact that installing Steam, TC and AP from disk was far easier than getting the all important download to work, cannot be got around?
Again I thank the Support Forum advisers for helping me get through such a painful experience!

imortalvalk

PostPosted: Wed, 11. Jul 12, 02:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Will I be able to get the X3 Gold edition to run on steam, receive updates and achievements and such?

jack775544

PostPosted: Wed, 11. Jul 12, 08:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yes just use the "Activate a product on Steam" option in the "Games" menu. When prompted just input your CD key.

imortalvalk

PostPosted: Wed, 11. Jul 12, 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks very much.

roxy

PostPosted: Thu, 13. Sep 12, 08:48    Post subject: X3 Albion Prelude retail package in e zone for south pacific region Reply with quote Print

My friend is going to UK on holiday this weekend and i wondered if he
was to buy the retail version of Albion Prelude while he was over there
would it work with my retail version of Terran Conflict that i purchased
here in NewZealand ? Does zone or region make a difference? Confused

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Thu, 13. Sep 12, 10:20    Post subject: Re: X3 Albion Prelude retail package in e zone for south pacific region Reply with quote Print

roxy wrote:
Does zone or region make a difference?

No. Just to be clear once again, all versions of X3AP require Steam but, as per the Steam FAQ, the retail version means you can avoid big downloads, especially if you also have a retail version of X3TC. Actually finding a retail copy in the UK may be another matter, though, as the run was fairly limited and bricks-and-mortar shops only tend to stock the latest games anyway.

adriancos

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Sep 12, 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Please enlighten me:
X3 Terran War Pack (Multilanguage, French Box) available on shop :
Box language:French
Voiced languages: French, English, German
Text-only language: Italian (using English voice)

What this means?
That there is no Game-Text in english in this pack?
Voice it is specified that it is english also. But in game text?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Sep 12, 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

All languages are available in all packages; the only difference between, say, the English and French versions, is the language used in the packaging. Languages listed as voiced have both text and voice in that language. Languages listed as text-only use the English voice recordings.

DiveBomberDave

PostPosted: Mon, 17. Dec 12, 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi guys,

I've just ordered AP from the Egosoft shop, I'm in Australia, can anyone tell me when I could expect delivery?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Mon, 17. Dec 12, 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It's hard to tell as there are several factors: time to process the order, normal shipping time to Australia, and the Christmas effect. I'd be surprised if it took less than a week though.

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next