X3AP Retail versions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

X3AP Retail versions

Post by CBJ » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 11:04

Those of you who have been waiting patiently for the retail version of X3: Albion Prelude can now finally breathe a sigh of relief. X3: Albion Prelude will be hitting the stores on DVD.

If you already have X3: Terran Conflict, then the Add-on package containing only X3: Albion Prelude will provide you with the means to get directly into the Argon-Terran War. If you want to experience the whole story of the conflict and the war between the Terrans and the Commonwealth races, then the Terran War Pack will be the right thing for you. The Terran War Pack contains:

• X3: Terran Conflict
• X3: Albion Prelude
• X3: Albion Prelude Soundtrack

The Terran War Pack will be available for a price of 19.99 € in €-zone countries. The DVD versions of both Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude include the latest versions with the newest features.

The following versions and release dates are confirmed for several territories:

Code: Select all

Version			   Translation			       Release Dates			  Countries
(all 2.0)	Packaging  Voice   Text		 Add-on	Terran War Pack 	

English		    •	    •	    •		     -	    9th March		      UK
						   				                                     Scandinavia
						     					                                  Benelux

German		     •	    •	    •		 2nd March   2nd March          Germany
											                                       Austria
											                                     Switzerland

French		     •	    •       •		     -	    9th March          France
                                                                        Benelux

Italian		    •	    -	    •		     -	    9th March	 	   Italy

If your country is not listed here then you will be pleased to hear that the Egosoft shop will be selling the DVD versions of X3: Albion Prelude. As usual there is only a limited stock available, so order sooner rather than later.

The Steam version of X3: Albion Prelude 2.0 is available now.

Requirements

Both the X3: Albion Prelude Add-on and the Terran War package will require you to install the Steam client in order to be able to install and play the game(s). Note that if you already have a Non-Steam version of X3: Terran Conflict then you can register it with Steam to get a Steam version. If you have any questions about the installation process, or about Steam in general, we recommend having a look at our new Steam FAQ section. It covers the most common questions about Steam and gives useful tips that will hopefully make your experience with Steam and the X-series games an enjoyable one.

A NoSteam executable for version 2.0 of X3: Albion Prelude will be made available for those who have technical issues relating to ongoing Steam connectivity after installation.
Last edited by CBJ on Sat, 25. Feb 12, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.

fireball xx
x4

Post by fireball xx » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 16:48

Yah !!! Real good news !!!! THX
Die Unendlichkeit ruft,machen wir uns auf den Weg!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 17:19

Yeehah!! That's exactly what I have been waiting for. Now I can play behind the firewall!!!

GeminiFire
x3tc

Post by GeminiFire » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 17:22

When can we pre-order the 2.0 DVD from Egosoft Shop!!!

"Limited Quantities" is concerning.....

I missed the "limited quantities" for the Egosoft SuperBox, and it ended up costing me 70 Quid to have it relayed through Penzance.... (worth it, but still...)

I will be watching this thread and Egosoft Shop on an hourly basis, until I get my order in...

Thanx for any response....
GF
Last edited by GeminiFire on Tue, 21. Feb 12, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
Trade Hard, Fight Smart, Die Well ( then Reload :D )
===================================
PC FireStorm - Windows 7 PRO x64 - AMD FX8350 8-Core
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - OCZ SSD C:, X: - Asus GTX 760 - G. Skill 32Gb DDR3-1600

natha
x4

Post by natha » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 17:22

Very nice, i was waiting for the boxed version to accompany the other boxes of X-universe, even if i got the AP in steam sales.
Did those packs contain printed manuals, btw?
Last edited by natha on Tue, 21. Feb 12, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 17:29

Some additional information that might be of interest to some people:

• Version 2.0 of X3AP on Steam will also include a text-only translation for the Polish language (English voices).

• The version 2.0 changes have been passed over to Virtual Programming, but we don't yet have a date for the Mac release.

• The Russian version of X3R with both text and voice translated should also be available on Steam soon, but it's not tied the X3AP release date so it could be along a little earlier or later.
natha wrote:Did those packs contain printed manuals, btw?
No, I'm afraid not. We are working on a PDF version of the survival guide though.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 18:50

Are you guys planning to eventually disable the DRM? One of my major disappointments recently was buying a DVD and realizing that the damn thing is no more than a key for steam activation and basically I could have purchased it on steam. Now I am paying attention to what is written on the box :) (and thanks for announcing this in the thread btw, now I can safely wait until something changes).

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 19:13

kurush wrote:Are you guys planning to eventually disable the DRM? ,,.
I think this is as far as they're going to go (from the OP):
CBJ wrote:.....
A NoSteam executable for version 2.0 of X3: Albion Prelude will be made available for those who have technical issues relating to ongoing Steam connectivity after installation.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

fireball xx
x4

Post by fireball xx » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 19:24

I ordered my X3AP in january over amazon already.So i can`t miss it.
Die Unendlichkeit ruft,machen wir uns auf den Weg!

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 19:24

so patch 2.0 version for steam user is to hit march 2? or those date are for DVD /war pack only ?

thanks
X gamer , one at a time.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 19:31

CBJ wrote:The Steam version of X3: Albion Prelude 2.0 will be released on the 27th February.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 19:34

funny that all of the questions are answered by simple quoting first post :P ;)

Looney
x3tc

Post by Looney » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 20:03

Based on the small green timetable Mr.CBJ kindly provided(thanks mate).....
Can we gather that it is only the german version that will have a separate AP add on pack? And that the English version will only be available as a Terran War Pack on DVD? Any indication of Retail pricing as yet(amazon, egosoft, anywhere as a STERLING or UK Price for available English version)?
I cannot find any pre-orders on amazon or anywhere else. :-(
Although, i did get BREAK and go for the Steam version....
Would be nice to have a physical DVD as well.
Any help gladly received.
Thanks,
Loons :x

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 20:11

Looney wrote:Can we gather that it is only the german version that will have a separate AP add on pack? And that the English version will only be available as a Terran War Pack on DVD?
That's correct. The X3AP-only add-on pack is only available in German-speaking countries. However the only difference between language versions is the packaging; all in-game languages are on the DVD itself, so there's nothing stopping you from buying the German add-on pack, either from the Egosoft shop or, say, amazon.de, and then simply choosing English in the installer.

Pricing has only been confirmed in € but since UK retailers tend to discount from list price more heavily than those in Europe, any list price in £ would only be a guideline anyway. The € price for the add-on only pack, which of course requires you to have X3TC already, is 9.99 €.

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 20:20

so just to be dumb here but will i be able to get a copy of AP only in the UK anyhow? just i own the superbox and have no need for the extra copy of TC

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 20:22

also is there any chance of a pre released change log posted for 2.0 just so we know what we are getting?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 20:27

ConCorDian wrote:so just to be dumb here but will i be able to get a copy of AP only in the UK anyhow? just i own the superbox and have no need for the extra copy of TC
CBJ wrote:...there's nothing stopping you from buying the German add-on pack, either from the Egosoft shop or, say, amazon.de, and then simply choosing English in the installer.
ConCorDian wrote:also is there any chance of a pre released change log posted for 2.0 just so we know what we are getting?
Oh, if you insist. ;)

New Features and Improvements:

- New mini-plot: The HUB
- New mini-plot: Player HQ and UFJD
- New ships
- New graphs
- Added option to disable war reports
- Megalodon and Xenon I rebalanced and adjusted
- Introduced setup time for new lasertowers
- Made USC Baldric Miner available for purchase
- New sector music tracks in certain sectors
- Prevent purging all marines, so theres always some available
- Improved UI handling of typing repeated letters in text fields
- Improved graph axis display to use round numbers where possible
- Added minimum notoriety requirement for buying Lasertowers.
- Added achievements for new mini-plots
- Added war missions to stats export
- Added new script commands to support new graphs
- Added script command to get complex hangar of factory
- Added missing beacon, drone and mine classes to script editor class list
- Added <set_notoriety> action to Mission Director for setting notoriety between non-player races
- Added {object.realigntime@hub} variable for Mission Director for next available HUB gate realignment
- Added hue/saturation global parameters for "spare" races for use by modders

Fixes:

- Fixed more cases of stuck comms windows
- Fixed formatting of numbers in certain cases
- Fixed issues with missing voice when loading saved game in a different language
- Fixed attacked signal for Sector/Universe Trader
- Fixed weapon switching when going out of sector
- Fixed menu display for Defend Sector command
- Fixed RRF stopping ship commands when it shouldn't
- Fixed emergency jump and 100% shield recharge for RRF ships.
- Fixed duplicate actions when using Force option in Mission Director debug window
- Fixed duplicate events in Mission Director when a variable refers to the player ship
- Fixed changing of current sector background using <alter_sector> in Mission Director

Vitez
xr

Re: X3AP Retail versions

Post by Vitez » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 20:35

CBJ wrote: If your country is not listed here then you will be pleased to hear that the Egosoft shop will be selling the DVD versions of X3: Albion Prelude. As usual there is only a limited stock available, so order sooner rather than later.
I'm not listed but I wanna order. For Gods sake put a copy away for me!!!!!! :shock:
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 20:36

will the new mini plots be available to both sides of the war?

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 20:40

wasnt some sort of a yaki surprise mentioned earlier? didnt notice it in the change log? :P also new music is always good now just will need to find which sectors it plays in

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”