Getting misplaced after placing factories (possibly infrastructure mission related?)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sadron
x3tc

Getting misplaced after placing factories (possibly infrastructure mission related?)

Post by sadron » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 06:54

Okay I'm quite sure that I did not fly this far below the other stations before I placed the station for a mission in Neptune (happened elsewhere too). This is a rather peculiar bug...

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 08:16

Huh?

Sinxar
x4

Re: Getting misplaced after placing factories (possibly infrastructure mission related?)

Post by Sinxar » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 08:31

sadron wrote:Okay I'm quite sure that I did not fly this far below the other stations before I placed the station for a mission in Neptune (happened elsewhere too). This is a rather peculiar bug...
it does that so you dont end up inside the station. Sometimes it does it when your near a different station and place a new station somewhere else (like you describe). But its terran space, its amazing that the mission let you place the station in the correct location due to collision avoidance.

I have noted that sometimes your TL will get moved out of the way of the gate traffic when you place a station.

Its not a bug, its collision avoidance.

whiteraider
x3tc

Post by whiteraider » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 18:13

Yep, it's collision avoidance and the Terrans cant cope without 150km of space around everything...

I placed 1 Ad.v Sat. per sector @ 0 12.5 0, (remotely deployed manually) they are now randomly located, often at the very edge or outside the view range after doing the 'Balance of Power' plotline, the location being recalculated as I entered each sector for the first time!
Bring back the TS Pirate Ship, I miss my liberated fleet runing around the universe :twisted:
Maybe a fleet of liberated Pirate Ship Super Freighters :roll:

"Priests Dukes Compliments... Here is ship!"
"Teladi now show you how to fight... Ship all yours! Dont kill Teladi!"

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 19:44

Yeah this always annoyed me, why are the "hitboxes", if you can call it that, on Terran stations so huge? There's no point in autopilot docking because the damn docking lanes are like 20 kilometers away from the stupid stations.

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 20:35

I just visited Earth in AP, then tried to Autopilot out of system. My ship just kept going past the gate and headed off somewhere. Maybe wanted to make the trip manually, and skip the stargate?

Seriously, had Seta on, and before I knew it I was some 50 km below the gate and still going. :roll:

whiteraider
x3tc

Post by whiteraider » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 21:21

xTemon wrote:I just visited Earth in AP, then tried to Autopilot out of system. My ship just kept going past the gate and headed off somewhere. Maybe wanted to make the trip manually, and skip the stargate?

Seriously, had Seta on, and before I knew it I was some 50 km below the gate and still going. :roll:
Do that in AP and you're a bunch of disconnected atoms, watching the 'Game Over' screen...

[In TC never use autopillock near Earth - it will find a fast way to get the lasertowers to kill you, your satellite layers, explorers, etc...] :oops:
Bring back the TS Pirate Ship, I miss my liberated fleet runing around the universe :twisted:
Maybe a fleet of liberated Pirate Ship Super Freighters :roll:

"Priests Dukes Compliments... Here is ship!"
"Teladi now show you how to fight... Ship all yours! Dont kill Teladi!"

natha
x4

Post by natha » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 22:53

Collision detection do some weird things. I droped a satellite in albion delta from a kestrel, and everything was fine. Until i personally entered the sector. I was sure the satellite was 25km in front the toa, but as i enter, nothing on screen, and a green icon in the edge of my screen suggested that i was wrong. Opening the sector map, also revieled noyhing. zoom out = the same. wtf. i turn towards the TOA and the satellite was about 200km behind the gate
nice. the ambush for the h.centaur prototype must start without me entering the sector until i actually spot the ship. not that i want to see again plutarch's hq, anyway.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”