[AP] Wasp / Dragonfly Missile Complex in Argon Space

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DrHarvey12
x3tc

[AP] Wasp / Dragonfly Missile Complex in Argon Space

Post by DrHarvey12 » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 21:44

Hi guys,

Looking to put a missile complex in Red Light. (Whilst saving up for the Weed Complex in Avarice).

Using the Red Light EqD (and a fleet of Kestrels) how many Missile complexes can I realistically set up in the loop and actually have Kestrels taking the missiles to and from the Eqd?

I was looking at 9 Wasp Fabs initially.

How many Kestrels would I need to distribute the production from 9 fabs?

Would this cause any issues with docking due to multiple Kestrels trying to dock at similar times?

I'm happy to task a few Kestrels to the Eqd in Argon Prime if need be too.

I noticed in DecaDeath's complex suggestions guide that the EqD you sell to shouldn't stock the missiles you are trying to sell. Does this affect the price or will the EqD refuse to buy them if they have them in stock?

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 22:15

Go to Elena's Fortune instead. There's enough Silicon and Ore to build a 100-station complex. I sell Cloth Rimes, Microchips, quantum tubes, computer components, lasers and missiles for 6+ millions/hour. You'll need to tow the silicon and ore asteroids together in order to make an effective complex.

Use transporters with trading extension and trade command mk 2 to do a 'manual trade run' to the Military Base in sector - one for each missile and laser you wish to sell. Don't produce lasers stocked at the Military Base - it will take anything you can send it. Set your selling price to one below average, and it will never stop.

Chips and rimes and computer components and quantum sell themselves. Don't worry about them.

If the station (eq-dock or mil-base) you sell to lists the product, it will soon fill up. If it doesn't list it, it will accept infinite amounts of missiles and lasers.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 22:21

I have a Wasp complex in Antigone Memorial with 17 wasp fabs on it selling to the EQ dock (same sector) with the method stated above.
Its infinate how many you can sell basicly.

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 22:25

Thanks Allan - I was planning on leaving Elena's alone for a while as it seems to get more pirates there and they don't like me too much yet!

Plus I only need one 25 Ore asteroid so I figured I might as well just use the one in Red Light since it won't do a lot of big complexes anyway!

Plus I can train a CAG up as I haven't used one before and he can get the Silicon for me.

I'll keep Elena's free till I start mass producing Terran Weapons and have a Tyr or two floating around to keep things civil ;)

Thanks for the advice on setting up the Kestrels to manual trade. I'll give that a go. I take it the price I set in the complex itself is just to buy the stock in from NPC's. The selling price I'll need to set is in the Kestrel's menu?

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 22:34

No, set the selling price in the station's menu. It will cause the trader to 'buy' at your station and sell at the target. That way, the trader will make a profit too - on your account. If the prices are equal, the trader will abort the command.

In my game, Elena's Fortune is very peacefull. I haven't done much to the pirates yet. But every now and then there's an incursion of a few M4 and M5, attacking my stations. I can suppress them easily enough in time before they do anymore than scratching the shields.

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 22:49

I have a Wasp complex in Antigone Memorial with 17 wasp fabs on it selling to the EQ dock (same sector) with the method stated above.
Its infinate how many you can sell basicly.
Ok - thanks. I'll start with 9 as that works well for my current budget and see if I need more at a later date :)
No, set the selling price in the station's menu. It will cause the trader to 'buy' at your station and sell at the target. That way, the trader will make a profit too - on your account. If the prices are equal, the trader will abort the command.
I'll have a look for the selling menu.

The buying menu seemed obvious as it was at the bottom. I assume the selling one is on the same screen but maybe broken down into different products. I'm sure it will make sense once I'm in the game ;)

I'll set it to buy at 1 below average and sell at average then and see if that has him happily going backwards and forwards.

Thanks for the advice guys :)

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 22:54

Just adjust the station selling price to 1 below average.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”