X3TC Xenon M Lasers??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xTemon
x3tc

X3TC Xenon M Lasers??

Post by xTemon » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 00:44

I just started a Fight with 3 Xenon M and got completely obliterated in a Solano. These things had laser on them that were firing in short pulses of white light and ripped through shields and hull with no problem.

Noisy too. My sound is turned down so everything is low audible noise, and suddenly I hear this BVEW.BVEW.BVEW.BVEW.BVEW... like I had my speakers way up and my shields disintegrate. There were only two of them at this point as I capped one on the first pass.

:shock:

I hadn't docked and saved in a bit either. What are these things? I couldn't even manage to dodge them fast enough.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 00:46

Pulsed Beam Emitters.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Ozman202
x3tc

Post by Ozman202 » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 00:46

PBE methinks.
Too many M3's Die by crashing into their own missiles

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 00:58

Congratulations on joining the ranks of those of us who've been ganked by Pulsed Beam Emitters. Xenon M's are very nasty with those, and they're often armed with them. The best thing to do is just spam Wasps like mad.

Or run away.

But yes, that's what they were mounting.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 00:58

It's PBE [Pulse Beam Emitters] as stated. They are short-ranged fast-projectile energy guns. If you get within firing range of a M or L with those equipped in an M3 or below, you're toasted. Specially considering you rarely find xenon ships alone.

They are, along with FBL, the most annoying guns around for the fighter flying player.

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 01:00

8) Yeah, figured it out. Looked up the Xenon M in the Encyclopedia, (This is cool btw), and saw those were the only weapons they used I wasn't familiar with.

Checked them out :shock: 6800+ m/s, 1400+ Rpm, 18.1K Shield and 6-700 Hull damage. That's freaking incredible. Only way to dodge them, is to dodge the ships maneuverability, and stay out of range, (977m).

I'll remember that next time, but it was a hell of a shock watching my 75 MJ shields evaporate from the combined firepower of 2 Xenon M4s. My Hull didn't go down as quick of course, but by then I was paying more attention to dodging the missiles and lasers to notice.

The sound is what really got me I think. :lol:

starfox32140

Post by starfox32140 » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 04:23

yea, i recently had a skirmish with some xenon in an invasion mission that started with me going in with 1 m6, 10 m4's and 5 m3's and came out with 8 m4's no m3's... dodging is the only way to deal with em, once your shield is gone, so is your speed in short order, and therefore so are you :/

Goldfinch
x3tc

Post by Goldfinch » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 04:33

Those and PBGs are the two weapons where the best counter is to stay out of range. Can be tricky in a fighter as it only gives you about a 1km window to fire in, but it's doable. If you aren't faster and aren't well shielded, use missiles or stay away.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 07:29

I like to think that when I left X3R and converted to a X3TC Goner, I donated the heavenly possessions I had gathered. Among them were some (read: hundreds of thousands) PBE that surely went to the Xenon. :twisted:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 09:16

xTemon wrote:8) Yeah, figured it out. Looked up the Xenon M in the Encyclopedia, (This is cool btw), and saw those were the only weapons they used I wasn't familiar with.

Checked them out :shock: 6800+ m/s, 1400+ Rpm, 18.1K Shield and 6-700 Hull damage. That's freaking incredible. Only way to dodge them, is to dodge the ships maneuverability, and stay out of range, (977m).

I'll remember that next time, but it was a hell of a shock watching my 75 MJ shields evaporate from the combined firepower of 2 Xenon M4s. My Hull didn't go down as quick of course, but by then I was paying more attention to dodging the missiles and lasers to notice.

The sound is what really got me I think. :lol:
They easily drop your shields but atleast just do moderate hull damage.
But you always could turn the situation around.

I once used a wing of 12 Split Asp equiped each with 6 PBE for hunting Xenon.
Those little buggers rip through Xenon in a blink of a eye if they ain't evaporated themself (25MJ is a little low) but it is worth the show.

Most stuning was to see a PX leading the pack shoting in all directions without hiting anything and screaming in pain while the small Asps riped it apart.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”