Complex Hub range limit?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Breet
x4

Complex Hub range limit?

Post by Breet » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 09:23

So my plex of 53 is running well, made it's cost and some and always out of stock.
So I goto expand with the help of Hephaistos, everything seems to go fine.
100 more stations, 6more SPP xl. Get the message its done and no probs so I start connecting them.
As I'm starting I notice I'm hearing a collide sound in the cutscene and notice one of the new SPP is taking damage (only seems to be bumping another station, or random tube at the back) so I continue connecting the stations till the bottom row of stations is connected up and then the SPP that was taking shield damage.
Everything seems smooth and I continue on to the next 50 factories and the final 5 SPP. When I get to the last 3 SPP, I goto connect from hub and notice the others are not given as an option to connect to.
So I poddle over in my nova to have a look and everything seems fine, no collisions or anything. Try again and still nothing.
In the end I had to tow the 3 remaining spp out anc closer to the hub itself as it wouldnt connect to the SPP directly below it (like the last 3) for the hub (they were stacked like pancakes).

Is there a max distance limit from hub placement that factories can connect to? When I did the expansion I made sure the new set of factories were close to the old (couldn't fly a nova between the space of the old/new set) and everything connected fine till the last 3 SPP, which had to painstakingly be dragged out and across to around the hub for them to connect (which for me was quite hard, given framerate with 150+ stations on screen was aweful and the station constantly wanting to tilt).

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 09:36

TL;DR

20 KM
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

whiteraider
x3tc

Post by whiteraider » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 09:52

20km from an existing hub
50km Hub to Hub
Bring back the TS Pirate Ship, I miss my liberated fleet runing around the universe :twisted:
Maybe a fleet of liberated Pirate Ship Super Freighters :roll:

"Priests Dukes Compliments... Here is ship!"
"Teladi now show you how to fight... Ship all yours! Dont kill Teladi!"

Raize

Post by Raize » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 12:10

whiteraider wrote: 50km Hub to Hub
No.
Hens love roosters, geese love ganders,
Everyone else loves Ned Flanders!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”