Lasers Off Target

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zigelmind
x4

Lasers Off Target

Post by zigelmind » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 22:57

blowing up a couple of Nividium asteroids then with the smaller rocks i was in range with the laser's to make the rocks a bit smaller. i was surprised when the laser totally missed the rocks to the right by a wide margine. i did end up making the rocks smaller, and i left a 3 ships mining the nividium. ,ive also had problems taking out ships as the laser aiming is off, Is this a bug in AP , ive tried different ways but the lasers allways seem to go right of the target i am shooting at. Anyone else had any problems.

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 23:41

Are you using auto-aim features? Maybe the targets are changing speed or course, that would cause enough deviation for the projectiles to miss.

VincentTH
x4

Re: Lasers Off Target

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 23:54

zigelmind wrote:blowing up a couple of Nividium asteroids then with the smaller rocks i was in range with the laser's to make the rocks a bit smaller. i was surprised when the laser totally missed the rocks to the right by a wide margine. i did end up making the rocks smaller, and i left a 3 ships mining the nividium. ,ive also had problems taking out ships as the laser aiming is off, Is this a bug in AP , ive tried different ways but the lasers allways seem to go right of the target i am shooting at. Anyone else had any problems.
There are 2 aiming modes in TC/AP:

- A mouse mode where the laser would land where the mouse cursor is. This is also called the Freelancer mode.
- A boresight mode, where the laser land where the the middle of the screen is. This mode also allows AutoAim to be turned on (K key to circle, I think) the game have a reticle that takes into account the speed and heading of the target ship as well as the laser you are using. This mode requires Fighting SW Mk1 or Mk2.
- You can toggle between the 2 modes using Shift-N (or whatever it is bound to).
- If you don't have the Fight SW (either version) then you should use Freelancer mode to have a chance to hit your target.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 12. Jan 12, 00:46

you actually have to remap the boresight fire mode to your firing key of choice, else you have to use the left ctrl key to make autoaim work.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 12. Jan 12, 01:01

Catra wrote:you actually have to remap the boresight fire mode to your firing key of choice, else you have to use the left ctrl key to make autoaim work.
Yes, forgot about that. I bound Boresight fire to Left Mouse button, and Freelancer fire to the Mouse wheel.

zigelmind
x4

Thank You All

Post by zigelmind » Thu, 12. Jan 12, 23:00

Thanks for your helpfull hints everyone

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”