[AP] [SCR] Deploy Jump Beacons

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

argon_emperor
x4

[AP] [SCR] Deploy Jump Beacons

Post by argon_emperor » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 14:32

Just a small little script I made up myself, which gives you the ability to deploy your own jump beacons (which CAN be jumped to), for the modest fee of 5,000,000cr... and the stipulation that you can only have 1 per sector. They are considered 'your' ships, so if anyone who is hostile to you gets near it, they may well attack it.

Installation
Two methods available:
SPK, for use with Cycrow's Plugin manager,
or
ZIP, for those who prefer to install manually, or just want to look at what I've done.

Usage
Script will add a hotkey called "Deploy Jump Beacon", assign this to a button, and simply use when you're in your space suit.

There are some, restrictions, imposed.
Firstly, you HAVE to be in your space suit, if not, you'll get a subtitle message down the bottom telling you that you're not in your space suit, and no beacon will be deployed.
Secondly, you can't deploy one if you've currently got one deployed in the sector you're in, so no bundles of jump beacons. Obviously, you can always just blow them up and redeploy where you want them (if you have cash to burn), or simply tow them to where you want them.
Finally, they cost 5,000,000cr... so early game you're going to want to be a lot more selective about where you put them, later on you probably will be making enough money to not care...

Uninstallation
If you no longer want this, then just run the 'uninstall.ae.deploy.jump.beacon' script included to remove the hotkey, delete the scripts, save, and reload (or save, quit, and delete them from outside the game, your choice).

Permissions
You're free to use this script any way you please, so long as you give credit back to me.

Lastly, I welcome any comments about this (though if it's criticism, please try to be constructive :P ).

EDIT: Switched to using Mediafire now...

Version History
V1.01
-Fixed price not being subtracted from player's account

V1
-Initial Release
Last edited by argon_emperor on Fri, 13. Jan 12, 10:32, edited 2 times in total.
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

milytar
x4

Post by milytar » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 17:22

Cant get access to the spk or zip-error 404
And one day ... one day i will be there ...
And if not... then i will be here ...

Me

Borsek
x3tc

Post by Borsek » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 21:25

I haven't tried this yet, but does it keep the game vanilla, or mark it as modified? Cos if it marks the game, why not use cycrow's cheat script (or script editor) and simply add these to your ship's cargohold (and then remove credits from your wallet if you're a 'realism' fan)?

EDIT: Spelling fail.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 21:39

because with this we wont be tempted to use all the other glorious cheats thats included in the package ;)

99% of things here will mark you modified, so that rationale is kinda silly.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 22:05

@Borsek: ANY script will mark your game as modified, with the exception of the signed scripts in the bonus pack.

Changed file hosting to Mediafire... hopefully should be able to download now.
Last edited by argon_emperor on Fri, 6. Jan 12, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 22:05

Yeah, one could use all of the scripts and plugins here by manually running and writing scripts constantly... does it sound fun to you?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Borsek
x3tc

Post by Borsek » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 13:13

EmperorJon wrote:Yeah, one could use all of the scripts and plugins here by manually running and writing scripts constantly... does it sound fun to you?

Yes. It also seems a fair tradeoff for basically cheating :P At least you put effort into making the cheat happen.

Guffeh
x3ap

Post by Guffeh » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 07:57

Just wanted to say thanks for creating this script. Sure I could cheat in my own beacon, but this adds more flow to the game for me.
With this script addition, now my CAG pilots can use them as well.

Edit: After deploying one with more than 5,000,000 on me, I noticed that it didn't take the credits from me. Went and tried to deploy more, and it definitely doesn't deduct the money from my account. Guess I'll have to manually deduct 5m from myself. :shock:

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 10:19

Guffeh wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for creating this script. Sure I could cheat in my own beacon, but this adds more flow to the game for me.
With this script addition, now my CAG pilots can use them as well.

Edit: After deploying one with more than 5,000,000 on me, I noticed that it didn't take the credits from me. Went and tried to deploy more, and it definitely doesn't deduct the money from my account. Guess I'll have to manually deduct 5m from myself. :shock:
It didn't? :S That's odd, definitely did for me when I made it... will just have to go back and check it to make sure I didn't comment that out... :/

Whoops... found the error, will fix and reupload shortly... :oops:

EDIT: Fixed now, at some point when I was tidying the script up I'd managed to remove the line which subtracted the money from your wallet.... New version up now
[ external image ]
***modified***

Guffeh
x3ap

Post by Guffeh » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 10:55

Thanks for the speedy update. :)

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 18:54

5mil seems rather cheap to me, they go for about 270ml when you sell them :D

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 21:30

indeed free or balance imo but it's your script, i'd charge 1/2 billion myself as player can sell for 250 mill and the only vanilla way of getting then involves........ ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 22:21

Hahah, well, at some point I'm going to change the price to be dependent on your rep with the race who owns the sector, and I'll probably jack it up a bit then. However, for anyone who thinks it's too cheap, the price is currently set on line 13, so you can easily change it yourself if you feel it needs to be higher :wink:

So just how high do people think I should jack the price up to? At least 100 mil I'm guessing?
[ external image ]
***modified***

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”