[AP] How to stop an M7M from nuking your capture target?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kurush
x3tc

[AP] How to stop an M7M from nuking your capture target?

Post by kurush » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 23:46

M7Ms supposedly got smarter. Now they are fire at your opposition when left under AI even when you have their missile turrets set to "none". Any way to avoid this? I had to transfer all missiles from them to do this and it doesn't seem right.
Somebody asked for a use for Sirokos - looks like here it is, lol.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 00:08

The turret scripts are not a ship's only way of firing missiles.
Just like you can fire from the cockpit, so can they.

IMO, that should be disabled unless those ships are OOS - where they have no turret scripts.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Maahes
x4

Post by Maahes » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 00:11

What command is the ship set to?
I had this problem when it was set to "follow me" or "protect me" but I told it to stop command and it ceased firing allowing me to finish boarding and fail to capture the ship (it was a K I was after :))

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 00:26

Yeah, it was "follow me" command. When I set it to "none" and also set Terrans as friends in FOF, this behavior stops.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 00:37

Yes. If you stop the ship's "main script", it can no longer fire missiles from there.

Anyway, this will no longer be necessary with the next patch.

That's why you have control over the turret scripts and a "Turrets Hold Fire" hotkey from the Bonus Pack. That's how it's supposed to work. =P
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 01:55

Gazz wrote: That's why you have control over the turret scripts and a "Turrets Hold Fire" hotkey from the Bonus Pack. That's how it's supposed to work. =P
I should probably configure a hotkey for this hold fire button. Problem is all my turrets were set to "None" and the ship was still sending barrages.
Actually, the missile thing seems to be a bit broken in many aspects. I understand M7M & M8 sending barrages but I also saw RRF capital ships sending barrages of Wraith missiles... This is not something you can do with your ship (or at least it wasn't possible in TC and I didn't find it AP). When can we hope for this next patch? The beta forum seems to be dead...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 02:38

kurush wrote:When can we hope for this next patch?
Sometime between Soon and When It's Ready.

CharlieChop
x4

Post by CharlieChop » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 02:48

Gazz wrote:
lol at aproximation :D

but yeah...any idea on What is "probably" going to get patched? other than the supposed problem mentioned here?

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 02:58

CharlieChop wrote:
Gazz wrote:
lol at aproximation :D

but yeah...any idea on What is "probably" going to get patched? other than the supposed problem mentioned here?
Broken Stuff :D :lol:
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”