Not all Pirate ships are friendly

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wRAR
x3tc

Not all Pirate ships are friendly

Post by wRAR » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 23:41

My reputation with Pirates is sufficiently high to dock at most bases, but some ships are hostile anyway: sometimes they are some randomly spawned fighter groups and I'm OK with it. But once I've entered Maelstrom/Mercenaries' Rift, I was greeted by lots and lots of hostile ships, and among them some friendly ones! I know that if a fighter is "related" (not sure how is it really implemented for AI ships) to a carrier, and the carrier is hostile, the fighter will be always hostile. Maybe if ships are a part of a station fleet or related to it in some other way (is there such thing at all?), they will be hostile while the station is hostile?
Also, while I'm used to hostile stations which need to be hacked even when most pirates are friendly to me and newly discovered Pirate Bases allow docking, I don't really understand why I need to hack some stations but not others. Maybe that Bases were created only recently, when I was already friendly to Pirates?

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 23:43

There will always be unfriendly pirates... They are, after all, Pirates. They have to go off and do pirating, don't they? It's in their Union contract and stuff... Perhaps a station spawned some unfriendly pirates and you and they got into a tussle and that dropped your rep a bit?

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 23:51

pirates are not a unified single faction like yaki so there will always be some pirates that are "red".

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 23:52

If a group hassles you just bust their ships up (reduce their hulls to 10% or so) and leave them in the dust.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Maahes
x4

Post by Maahes » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 00:35

Try getting close enough to scan some of the ships. I've found this often turns them blue once my rep is high enough with them. Not sure why, it must trigger an update to their fof settings. Try the leader of the group 1st. Doesn't work with all of them thought.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 02:21

Just treat them as all experienced players do. Free ships, just waiting to be liberated.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 04:26

Triaxx2 wrote:Just treat them as all experienced players do. Free ships, just waiting to be liberated.
Amen to that. And hopefully you will survive the encounter too. Right next to PTNI HQ or what ever the Telidi HQ sector is called. The one pirate sector now has cap ships there and me with out 5 star mariens and boarding torps. :evil:

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 09:32

Triaxx2 wrote:Just treat them as all experienced players do. Free ships, just waiting to be liberated.
Won't that lower my rep? :) I want those IBLs.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 14:29

wRAR wrote:
If they're already red to you, it's not going to make a lot of difference. As for IBLs, you can get those by boarding pirate M2s :P A fully loaded Brigantine will carry enough IBLs to equip three M7s :lol:

Dead_Goon
x4

Post by Dead_Goon » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 14:35

wRAR wrote:
Keep your eyes open for a station hack to get those IBL's, thats how ive gotten mine in the past, and once the stations been hacked dock a transport ship there pronto & keep it there permanently.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 15:43

or get good rep with yaki to buy IBL's from them

Maahes
x4

Post by Maahes » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 16:03

You may want to assign a few traders to keep those Yaki stations stocked with resources too, otherwise you'll be waiting a looooooooonnng time for those IBLs :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”