[TC] Reverse engineered ship differences.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Denethor
x3tc

[TC] Reverse engineered ship differences.

Post by Denethor » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 16:56

Hello all,

I just reverse engineered a pirate eclipse in X3TC, then built one. The problem is that the original had a max of 4 25MJ shields but the reproduction has a max of 3 25MJ shields. Is this the result of a patch since I found the ships? or is there a reverse engineering penalty? Or maybe a just bug?

Didn't see anything about it in the faq so I was wondering if anyone here knew about it?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 19:45

The vanilla TC Pirate Eclipse in 3.1.1 is limited to 3 x 25 MJ shields. The Argon version has 1 x 200 MJ and a different model, while the similar Eclipse Prototype and Notus Hauler both have 5 x 25 MJ. REing will always produce the current model/type version.

I have no idea where the 4 x 25 MJ may have arisen unless perhaps from a much earlier patch version that had survived without ever being unequipped until you RE'd it. You should be looking in the version changelogs rather than the FAQs mind.

Moving to Universe forum for further debate.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 20:00

There exists an Advanced Eclipse in Yaki space that uses the Pirate Eclipse model. Perhaps this is what was RE'd, but for some reason got transformed into a Pirate Eclipse after it was finished.

Denethor
x3tc

Post by Denethor » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 20:05

@ Alan Phipps: Thanks for the info. I checked the changelog and couldn't find anything, unless it was a change that wasn't recorded. Or in one of the rebalance entries, none of them referrenced pirates specifically though.

I found the ships in question derelict, I didn't cap them if that has anything to do with it.
Last edited by Denethor on Thu, 29. Dec 11, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

Denethor
x3tc

Post by Denethor » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 20:10

Fulgrymm wrote:There exists an Advanced Eclipse in Yaki space that uses the Pirate Eclipse model. Perhaps this is what was RE'd, but for some reason got transformed into a Pirate Eclipse after it was finished.
I think you're on to something there, that's where I found them. Looked exactly like the pirate one, paint job and all. That must be it, then it just reverted to the standard type when it was RE'd.

Edit: Yeah that's what happened, I just checked them side by side and on one the computer says "Advanced Eclipse" But not the new one is just "Eclipse".

How annoying :evil: I'd have kept it. Thanks for helping clear that up all.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 20:29

Nope that is not the whole answer either. The Advanced Eclipse is a totally separate ship type even though it uses the same model and paint job as the Pirate Eclipse. It does have 4 x 25 MJ shields and other differences although I missed that one in my post earlier. When you RE it you get an Advanced Eclipse BP and can build the Advanced version. (Checked just now in my PHQ.)

All I can guess is that the Advanced Eclipse is still in your PHQ RE queue, that you kept and RE'd the wrong one and disposed of the one you actually wanted as a duplicate, you built the wrong ship (the Adv Eclipse is towards the bottom of the ship BP listing), or you hit recycle instead of RE!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Denethor
x3tc

Post by Denethor » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 23:35

Alan Phipps wrote:Nope that is not the whole answer either. The Advanced Eclipse is a totally separate ship type even though it uses the same model and paint job as the Pirate Eclipse. It does have 4 x 25 MJ shields and other differences although I missed that one in my post earlier. When you RE it you get an Advanced Eclipse BP and can build the Advanced version. (Checked just now in my PHQ.)

All I can guess is that the Advanced Eclipse is still in your PHQ RE queue, that you kept and RE'd the wrong one and disposed of the one you actually wanted as a duplicate, you built the wrong ship (the Adv Eclipse is towards the bottom of the ship BP listing), or you hit recycle instead of RE!
Nah it's not that because I had neither blueprint when I started, I just had buster and an advanced discoverer, when I RE'd it I got the pirate eclipse blueprints. It was definately an advanced I RE'd because I took 4 25MJ's out and realised when I went to put them back into the new one.

The only mod I'm running is enable plots in custom game, although everything else has RE'd ok so far. I'll save and RE the second advanced eclipse to see if it does it again.

Update: It now says currently reverse engineering Advanced Eclipse so it looks OK this time. So it was either a one off glitch or I'm going mad.

Update 2: Yeah it worked fine this time, thanks for the help again all.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”