[AP] Help with a complex economy

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Modeler
x3tc

[AP] Help with a complex economy

Post by Modeler » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 15:32

Hi all, i bought AP 3 days ago and i got to a point in the plot where i must get cash so i built a complex but i have some troubles selling the wares, never had that prob in TC. Basically i built a complex with 5 wasp missile factories and i got loads of goods on board, but i dont seem to remember how to set a ship to sell the wasp missiles at the EqD in the same sector.

could any 1 pls help me out with that? and give me hint on how to off course without geting my game ***modified***

thanks ahead

edit: i figured it out looks like the equipment docks do not buy all the missiles u can offer, instead they buy some BS missiles so allmost no profit unless u build 20 factories of that type. correct me if i am wrong

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 16:47

you need to buy trade software 2 for the ship you want to be a trader and then homebase it at your complex (you can do that at ship commands just scroll down) and after that give it an order to sell ware for best price.
Also 5 wasp factories will probably produce too fast to sell it all to EqD and you might end up constantly holding a stock (im not sure how well wasps sell directly to NPC). Usually when I build a complex to supply local EqD a just build 1 station for each ware that it buys and even then if those are "heavy" wares that one EqD might not be able to buy them all out, exception: 1mj shields and also it seems that IRE and PACs sell in large amount aswell. SO what I would recommend is check several EqD which are close to each other and see what goods they have in common and then start selling those goods, to make sure you have more that one EqD to supply with them

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 16:53

Fly around to different races equipment docks. You will likely find one that is bottomless Meaning that it will take all your missiles. Look for an equipment dock thay doesn't sell the missile type you are selling. Military outposts might work also.

- split equipment docks buy endless supplies of wasps some other races might also

Modeler
x3tc

Post by Modeler » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 06:41

Jumee wrote:you need to buy trade software 2 for the ship you want to be a trader and then homebase it at your complex (you can do that at ship commands just scroll down) and after that give it an order to sell ware for best price.
the prob is that it goes 20 jumps away to sell them and not to the EqD in the sectr.

So my best guess is to build a different plex in a different sector as this one is probably worthless.

what would be your suggestion of a sector and plex type? need something that can give me at the least 2mil per hour.

thanks again.
Fly around to different races equipment docks. You will likely find one that is bottomless Meaning that it will take all your missiles. Look for an equipment dock thay doesn't sell the missile type you are selling. Military outposts might work also.

- split equipment docks buy endless supplies of wasps some other races might also
thanks for the tip :)

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 09:11

deca.death wrote:When you determine what type of missile you want to produce (usually Dragonfly and Wasps for starters) dock at customer EqD/Company HQ and check amount of missiles they are willing to buy (have those missiles in cargobay). Your M5 seller should not be able to carry more then EqD is willing to buy at once, otherwise it would disrupt your manual trade run routine. For manual trade run you'll need Trade Mk1. Sw. and Trading Extension Sw. Set price at missile average -1. Launch the “Manual trade run" order. It’ll ask you from which station you want to buy. Select the missile fab /select the missile (money will be taken from your player’s account), select the EqD, select the “repeat” option. It should continue on it's own now, no further attention required.
From T.M.I. Complex Suggestions

Does this work in X3:AP?

Modeler
x3tc

Post by Modeler » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 09:15

Sinxar wrote:
deca.death wrote:When you determine what type of missile you want to produce (usually Dragonfly and Wasps for starters) dock at customer EqD/Company HQ and check amount of missiles they are willing to buy (have those missiles in cargobay). Your M5 seller should not be able to carry more then EqD is willing to buy at once, otherwise it would disrupt your manual trade run routine. For manual trade run you'll need Trade Mk1. Sw. and Trading Extension Sw. Set price at missile average -1. Launch the “Manual trade run" order. It’ll ask you from which station you want to buy. Select the missile fab /select the missile (money will be taken from your player’s account), select the EqD, select the “repeat” option. It should continue on it's own now, no further attention required.
From T.M.I. Complex Suggestions

Does this work in X3:AP?
it doesnt as the wasp complex i built, i got it from there.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 09:16

well if you want it to be a weaponry complex making two million per hour than you better be ready to have a price tag of around 80-100 million. At least I always end up having huge expensive complexes because I always make them self-sustaining.
So a question is how is your financial situation? (btw you dont have to build the entire huge complex in one go you can build one part of it first and then just add more mines/food-fabs/spp when you are ready to expand)
For less profitable individual factories the good choices are:
- teladianium in paranid space (secondary resource for their food fabs)
- a scruffin farm in Herrons Nebula (secondary resource for cattle ranches)
- a plankton farm in Herrons Nebula (secondary resource for cattle ranches)
- microchips anywhere (can be build as a huge complex or a bunch of dotted individuals (I prefer huge complex :D))
- space weed in teladi or pirate/unknown sectors
- space fuel in pirate/unknown sectors
note: none of these individual factories will bring you anything even remotely close to 2 million, (except for a large microchip and weed/booze complexes). My way of getting such large incomes? As said before I build large expensive self-sustaining complexes - which usually supply several EqD at the same time. I found Montalaar and Light of Heart to be excellent sectors for that and build advanced-weaponry complex in Montalaar and basic weaponry complex in Light of Heart. Both are constantly sold out (from my TC experience advanced weaponry complexes sometimes build up a stock but that is not a problem as that stock can be used to outfit your own capital ships).

Modeler
x3tc

Post by Modeler » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 10:09

Jumee wrote:well if you want it to be a weaponry complex making two million per hour than you better be ready to have a price tag of around 80-100 million. At least I always end up having huge expensive complexes because I always make them self-sustaining.
So a question is how is your financial situation? (btw you dont have to build the entire huge complex in one go you can build one part of it first and then just add more mines/food-fabs/spp when you are ready to expand)
For less profitable individual factories the good choices are:
- teladianium in paranid space (secondary resource for their food fabs)
- a scruffin farm in Herrons Nebula (secondary resource for cattle ranches)
- a plankton farm in Herrons Nebula (secondary resource for cattle ranches)
- microchips anywhere (can be build as a huge complex or a bunch of dotted individuals (I prefer huge complex :D))
- space weed in teladi or pirate/unknown sectors
- space fuel in pirate/unknown sectors
note: none of these individual factories will bring you anything even remotely close to 2 million, (except for a large microchip and weed/booze complexes). My way of getting such large incomes? As said before I build large expensive self-sustaining complexes - which usually supply several EqD at the same time. I found Montalaar and Light of Heart to be excellent sectors for that and build advanced-weaponry complex in Montalaar and basic weaponry complex in Light of Heart. Both are constantly sold out (from my TC experience advanced weaponry complexes sometimes build up a stock but that is not a problem as that stock can be used to outfit your own capital ships).
thanks a lot about your question i have arround 200mil and i can get that boreas sold if needed, i just need a constant flow of credits so i could build up a good fleet, and of course i want my complexes to be self-sustained. otherwise it is not a big profit. BTW are you talking about AP or TC? as i figured that the economy in those are 2 different things, but i am not sure.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 11:02

I'm talking about both actually :D there is only a little difference in them, but I'm 100% sure that Light of Heart and Montalaar complexes work well in AP since I already built them there
Montalaar Complex costs a lot (135 million) and compared to price not the most impressive income (link to complex calculator below shows that it is roughly 2 million but it is slightly more complicated than that in the actual game as most of the good produced have production cycle >1 hour). But in my opinion it is still worth it as in addition to making profits it can also be used to outfit your own capitals
Montalaar Complex (link to complex calculator)
Light of Heart complex is both cheaper (89 million) and more profitable (2.2 million per hour), but produces goods pretty useless for you in terms of using on your own ships
Light of Heart complex (complex calculator)
A note on Light of Heart Complex I added a 200mj shield factory just because of my obsession with supplying everything everywhere, in practice it seems to have very little demand for it and can often build up in a stock so I would recommend to replace by yet another 1 mj fab.
Also I'm obviously not saying that these are "must-build" complexes I just think that they are good examples + they have worked fine for me.
Oh and in case you are wandering whats so special about Montalaar and Light of Heart: its the fact that they have 3 EqD, 2 Military Outposts nearby. But when you are setting jump range limit for your station traders make sure it is not to big as then they will pass through the Xenon Sector next to Eighteen Billion (I dont remember exactly but I think that Jump range 5 was the best as it includes EqD in Ianamus Zura and 2 of the paranid ones but does not include the ones over the Xenon side)
EDIT: also these are not the only good places (the reason I used these complexes as an example is because I have already built and tested them in AP)
EDIT 2: dont sell the Boreas :D
EDIT 3 (;D) : just remembered that I didnt count complex construction kits in the price so to get the exact price of the complex you will have to count those (jsut select it in the calculator and then select quantity, also I hate towing asteroids so use the old method of connecting a hub to a hub so in my case I sometimes need 2-3 more CCK then the number of stations)

Modeler
x3tc

Post by Modeler » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 11:27

Jumee wrote:I'm talking about both actually :D there is only a little difference in them, but I'm 100% sure that Light of Heart and Montalaar complexes work well in AP since I already built them there
Montalaar Complex costs a lot (135 million) and compared to price not the most impressive income (link to complex calculator below shows that it is roughly 2 million but it is slightly more complicated than that in the actual game as most of the good produced have production cycle >1 hour). But in my opinion it is still worth it as in addition to making profits it can also be used to outfit your own capitals
Montalaar Complex (link to complex calculator)
Light of Heart complex is both cheaper (89 million) and more profitable (2.2 million per hour), but produces goods pretty useless for you in terms of using on your own ships
Light of Heart complex (complex calculator)
A note on Light of Heart Complex I added a 200mj shield factory just because of my obsession with supplying everything everywhere, in practice it seems to have very little demand for it and can often build up in a stock so I would recommend to replace by yet another 1 mj fab.
Also I'm obviously not saying that these are "must-build" complexes I just think that they are good examples + they have worked fine for me.
Oh and in case you are wandering whats so special about Montalaar and Light of Heart: its the fact that they have 3 EqD, 2 Military Outposts nearby. But when you are setting jump range limit for your station traders make sure it is not to big as then they will pass through the Xenon Sector next to Eighteen Billion (I dont remember exactly but I think that Jump range 5 was the best as it includes EqD in Ianamus Zura and 2 of the paranid ones but does not include the ones over the Xenon side)
EDIT: also these are not the only good places (the reason I used these complexes as an example is because I have already built and tested them in AP)
EDIT 2: dont sell the Boreas :D
EDIT 3 (;D) : just remembered that I didnt count complex construction kits in the price so to get the exact price of the complex you will have to count those (jsut select it in the calculator and then select quantity, also I hate towing asteroids so use the old method of connecting a hub to a hub so in my case I sometimes need 2-3 more CCK then the number of stations)
woot mate thanks a lot, i really hope that now i will have some effective economy in my game which will make my life a whole lot easier in the X-Universe.

to all the other ppl around you are still welcome to post your ideas of how you make your money in-game of-course without geting the game ***modiefied*** :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”