X3AP - Can't get any custom ships to load in to the game

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

OmegaMillz
x3tc

Post by OmegaMillz » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 15:33

I think this is the same problem I'm currently having. Synapt commented on it here http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... start=1035 and found a way to work around it. However, it's rather complicated and beyond what I can do. I've pm'ed him to see if there is an easier solution.

The PM seems to be going crazy on my xsp's. I've gotten some customized ships to load correctly in the previous beta version, but not the new stable release. Now most ships are model-less. The batedora and my modified version are both model-less, but the unmodified starviper from the xsp database (author: Arachno) seems to work.

I could understand if the problem only applied to ships I've customized, but the fact that some original xsp's don't load right is odd. Especially ones that I've used before. I don't know if it has something to do with where the data are stored for TC/AP that's confusing where the model is located. Hopefully Cycrow or someone can figure this out because it is beyond me.

Cheers

omegaflux

Post by omegaflux » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 14:57

AP is garbage i cant get any mod to load, i get one start and after that the AP instillation is hosed and i have to re download all the files for ap, it really pisses me off, i spent 3 hrs trying to get the POS to work but it refuses to, there is no reason it should be doing this and noone is willing to find the cause and fix it so its back to X3TC for me

PRiME2007

Post by PRiME2007 » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 06:04

its because the plugin manager does not pack the ships xsp into the cat dat file correctly. it breaks it..... Maybe someone will notice and fix that application (yes sirs this is 1.41)

Go to your x3tc\addons folder and delete all cat dat files added for ships, if your a fool and have no idea then delete all BUT 01 and 02 in the cat/dat files... AP will then load fine. Try to add the ships in again and it flips out. Not sure why, real weird.

bigdyl69
x3tc

Post by bigdyl69 » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 19:07

I've actually given up trying to put custom ships into the game, I never had any problems like this with TC and Reunion, AP is just a complete pain in the a$$e to customize.

How can I edit ships that are already in the game? Is there an app that allows for that without screwing the game up? I'm fed up of having to download it all again from Steam
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T MEM: 8GB Kingston DDR3 VGA: ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB MB: MSI 990FXA-GD65.

bigdyl69
x3tc

Post by bigdyl69 » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 18:34

Well, I finally managed to get a custom ship working, used the Ship Creator package to import the dat, cat and xml files for the Normandy (from Mass Effect) and created a .XSP file that worked. I was really chuffed and played the game for hours.

Now, I have come to play the game again and it won't even bloody open!!! What's going on with this game? The main point of it is it's ability to be customised and all it does it break when you do!

But why would it work so well, then break the next time I try loading it?
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T MEM: 8GB Kingston DDR3 VGA: ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB MB: MSI 990FXA-GD65.

Bloody_Kain
x4

Post by Bloody_Kain » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 20:22

I think it has something to do with the autoupdate function from Steam.
It detects the Customised Files, delete or "update" them and that was it for your Savegame.
The System will call you it is corrupt and / or crashed.

The same Problem i had with TC some time ago.

As long Steam mess with the Files, no Mod will Work for some Time, thats what i think.

bigdyl69
x3tc

Post by bigdyl69 » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 20:53

I think you might be onto something with that. I tried opening the game, saving, shutting down and trying to reload the save and they all just CTD with the message the save game is corrupt.

Might have to give this game a miss then, seems a waste of money to me if it cannot correctly do what it's supposed to (ie. scripting support)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”