[AP - Bug Report] Player Ships ejected from sector map on entry IS in Albion

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Spychotic
x3tc

[AP - Bug Report] Player Ships ejected from sector map on entry IS in Albion

Post by Spychotic » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 00:35

I've got a problem with (I surmise) the algorithm that replaces ships to avoid collisions upon entering a Sector. So far, only Albion Beta has shown this issue.

When I enter the Sector and one of my ships is already present, it can sometimes get thrown hundreds of km outside the sector - well off the map - perhaps due to the collision avoidance algorithm kicking in during its normal OOS-IS transition. Is there anything I need to provide to chase up this issue?

Regards,

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 15:18

No that is fine. That sounds similar to an old TC Hub issue that was fixed in a patch. It may be being caused by all the rocks and construction stuff in sector making it hard to reposition things centrally in safety. I have changed the thread title slightly to bring attention to it if that is OK with you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Emerson d'Anite
x4

Post by Emerson d'Anite » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 16:48

Hello,

I've a similar case in Albion Beta.
An advanced satellite I've put remotely at (0,15k,0) with Exploration Software, was moved to (27.4k,44.7k,-16.3) at the moment I'm coming IS.
This position is not funny to see traffic. :lol:
« Il suivait son idée. C'était une idée fixe et il était surpris de ne pas avancer. » :)
Jacques Prévert

odslon
x3tc

Post by odslon » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 11:23

try building a complex in Albion Beta - this is fun:)
Hub is located about 100 km from factories:)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”