[MOD] IEX - AP/TC Sector Visual Enhancement - IEX 1.5b (27/07/2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 19:56

nope mine is consistant with your shots, the red rocks...
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 06:23

Moonrat wrote:I've run up both X:TC and AP and I'm not sure the screenshots tally with what I have...

Are there any mods installed after IE & IEX which have either Lenflares, TBackgrounds, TPlanets or TSuns as a component?
Crap! I've got TBackgrounds.txt installed to remove the fog and extend the view distance because of the annoying fog in Omycron Lyrae that was there before I installed IE. Will remove it and see what happens.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 08:45

I have incorporated extended view distances IEX into many sectors, but there are still a few out which have foggy "reduced" distances to add some variety. If you have superseded IEX TBackgrounds then you'll be missing a ton of stuff as IEX has 40 additional backgrounds which 'x3_universe.xml' references.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 08:59

Deleted from the folder "types" the TBackgrounds.txt I found on this forum, no improvement. :(

Hm, just remembered, I tried to install IE via the plugin. Even though it doesn't show up on the list of installed plugins it said that it was successfully installed. Because it didn't show up, I then manually put the dat and cat files into my TC folder. Perhaps that interferes? I'll try deleting the IE and IEX dat and cat files manually and see if anything happens.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 10:18

Sturmer wrote:Deleted from the folder "types" the TBackgrounds.txt I found on this forum, no improvement. :(

Hm, just remembered, I tried to install IE via the plugin. Even though it doesn't show up on the list of installed plugins it said that it was successfully installed. Because it didn't show up, I then manually put the dat and cat files into my TC folder. Perhaps that interferes? I'll try deleting the IE and IEX dat and cat files manually and see if anything happens.
Of the 220+ downloads yours is the first I think with install problems. I've not tried to install it as a plugin as it has no SPK file... may be something for a later version (unless someone else out there wishs to take that on)? I'd suggest going for a vanilla install of X:TC or AP, then installing IE & IEX and then keep adding the plugins until it gets broken...?

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 10:49

Already on it. Have done a fresh install now, will see what pops up.

The plugin way was me being inexperienced with X modding, nothing more. :/ After doing it, IE didn't appear on plugin manager's list, that's why I assumed it didn't install even though I received a positive confirmation. That's why it probably messed up.

Now I'm off to see the Wizard of BHS.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 11:55

Conclusion: found the reason. It was IE that was the problem.

I reinstalled everything and started a vanilla game, a new game. Put in IE and IEX before starting the game. Better than before, though not bright as original, BHS and TrCh could be easily navigated and object seen and recognized.

Took out IEX and just left IE in, started a new game again and flew to BHS. Eureka! Seems like IE is the one black as night and because of my great move of the plugin install, it overrode IEX in the previous game.

Your IEX works magnificently!

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 15:23

There are probably more "dark" sectors in the original IE mod than IEX. I have however still left one or two dark'ish sectors included tho' as it seemed the right thing to do at the time whilst merging IE (0.1 & 1.1), vanilla and my changes all together in a sensible fashion. Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder but hopefully I've avoided any game breaking sectors where colliding with stuff makes them effectively a no go area... if they do still exist then they ought to be away from the trade lanes and be where pirates or other pleasant/nasty surprises might be found... not in Treasure Chest or Black Hole Sun. Having a few foggy and dark sectors (but not too much) I think adds to the variety of spacefaring experience somewhat but I'm open to persuasion given sufficient weight of opinion... of course you can always mod the mod. :D

I have started work on the planets and will probably issue an-iterim release that won't require a game-restart (initially at least) ... :wink:

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 17:07

I definitely agree it adds to the variety and is quite nice to look at. :)

Though it still would be nice to have a FLIR or night-vision mode for the more precise maneuvers (manual docking, buzzing asteroids and stations to lose persuers, etc). :D

But in the end, as said (and what I honestly believe), you did a terrific job on the mod!

LizardCor
x3tc

Post by LizardCor » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 18:41

Hi

It adds ***modified*** ?

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 21:07

LizardCor wrote:Hi
It adds ***modified*** ?
There are no scripts run and at the end of the day it's just a change of textures & map file... So the game stays un-modified (?), may be some one in the know can confirm?

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 21:51

Moonrat wrote:
LizardCor wrote:Hi
It adds ***modified*** ?
There are no scripts run and at the end of the day it's just a change of textures & map file... So the game stays un-modified (?), may be some one in the know can confirm?
Can't confirm cause I always run X games modified since I'm secure enough to not need "Good boy!" pats on the head whenever I achieve something. :D :wink:

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 01:07

i'm pretty sure with the changed X3_universe.xml you will get a modified tag.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 07:53

There is no changed anything. It's a "fake patch". The only two things to install into main folder is a .cat and a .dat file, that's all.

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 23:27

Cannot launch my saves since the update.

Have only this mod ans MARS too.

is there problems for you too ?

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 00:47

I'm mostly only running the Galaxy Editor at the moment, however I loaded my AP savegame and it seemed OK.

When both X3TC 3.2 & AP 1.1 came out I checked the files in "types" and the xml map files for changes and I could not see anything that looked like it'd trip the mod up. Not sure what files "MARS" may use...?

Your issue is the first since the patches were released... is anyone else out there having the same problem? IEX 1.0c is now over the 350+ download mark and so I'd kinda' think that if it was a generic problem I'd be receiving more reports?

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 00:55

I installed those mods as false patches. If I remove them, i will normally be able to launch my saves or not ?
'Cause I tried, but nothing :/[/b]

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 01:05

TheRealBix wrote:I installed those mods as false patches. If I remove them, i will normally be able to launch my saves or not ?
'Cause I tried, but nothing :/[/b]
IEX extends the "Types" files and so I'd suspect that you might have problems if you have objects in-game that no longer have a valid reference point. You could try and see what happens. I'll have another look to see if anything could have screwed up.... no one else has yet reported problems with specifically IE/IEX. I have seen elsewhere on the forums other savegame issues that might be related to yours and so it might be something else...?

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 01:34

objects in-game that no longer have a valid reference point
This should be something that have changed with the update, no ?

MARS use Tships files in the false patch, so I don't think MARS is the problem. And this cannot be scripts, so it should be IE/IEX.
I read in IE topic that a new start is required (but not in IEX). This can be the problem ?

ps : Sorry for my bad english, I'm so tired ^^

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 09:08

Both IE / IEX require a new start because the map has changed. IEX also requires a new start because the TBackgrounds, TPlanets, Lenflares and TSuns files have changed.

I have had no other reports of other folks games being corrupted?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”