EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[MOD] IEX - AP/TC Sector Visual Enhancement - IEX 1.5b (27/07/2014)
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
garrry34

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 7. Jan 12, 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

nope mine is consistant with your shots, the red rocks...

Windows 7 64bit
Sturmer

PostPosted: Sun, 8. Jan 12, 07:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Moonrat wrote:
I've run up both X:TC and AP and I'm not sure the screenshots tally with what I have...

Are there any mods installed after IE & IEX which have either Lenflares, TBackgrounds, TPlanets or TSuns as a component?

Crap! I've got TBackgrounds.txt installed to remove the fog and extend the view distance because of the annoying fog in Omycron Lyrae that was there before I installed IE. Will remove it and see what happens.

Moonrat

PostPosted: Sun, 8. Jan 12, 09:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have incorporated extended view distances IEX into many sectors, but there are still a few out which have foggy "reduced" distances to add some variety. If you have superseded IEX TBackgrounds then you'll be missing a ton of stuff as IEX has 40 additional backgrounds which 'x3_universe.xml' references.

Sturmer

PostPosted: Sun, 8. Jan 12, 09:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Deleted from the folder "types" the TBackgrounds.txt I found on this forum, no improvement. Sad

Hm, just remembered, I tried to install IE via the plugin. Even though it doesn't show up on the list of installed plugins it said that it was successfully installed. Because it didn't show up, I then manually put the dat and cat files into my TC folder. Perhaps that interferes? I'll try deleting the IE and IEX dat and cat files manually and see if anything happens.

Moonrat

PostPosted: Sun, 8. Jan 12, 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Sturmer wrote:
Deleted from the folder "types" the TBackgrounds.txt I found on this forum, no improvement. Sad

Hm, just remembered, I tried to install IE via the plugin. Even though it doesn't show up on the list of installed plugins it said that it was successfully installed. Because it didn't show up, I then manually put the dat and cat files into my TC folder. Perhaps that interferes? I'll try deleting the IE and IEX dat and cat files manually and see if anything happens.

Of the 220+ downloads yours is the first I think with install problems. I've not tried to install it as a plugin as it has no SPK file... may be something for a later version (unless someone else out there wishs to take that on)? I'd suggest going for a vanilla install of X:TC or AP, then installing IE & IEX and then keep adding the plugins until it gets broken...?

Sturmer

PostPosted: Sun, 8. Jan 12, 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Already on it. Have done a fresh install now, will see what pops up.

The plugin way was me being inexperienced with X modding, nothing more. :/ After doing it, IE didn't appear on plugin manager's list, that's why I assumed it didn't install even though I received a positive confirmation. That's why it probably messed up.

Now I'm off to see the Wizard of BHS.

Sturmer

PostPosted: Sun, 8. Jan 12, 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Conclusion: found the reason. It was IE that was the problem.

I reinstalled everything and started a vanilla game, a new game. Put in IE and IEX before starting the game. Better than before, though not bright as original, BHS and TrCh could be easily navigated and object seen and recognized.

Took out IEX and just left IE in, started a new game again and flew to BHS. Eureka! Seems like IE is the one black as night and because of my great move of the plugin install, it overrode IEX in the previous game.

Your IEX works magnificently!

Moonrat

PostPosted: Sun, 8. Jan 12, 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

There are probably more "dark" sectors in the original IE mod than IEX. I have however still left one or two dark'ish sectors included tho' as it seemed the right thing to do at the time whilst merging IE (0.1 & 1.1), vanilla and my changes all together in a sensible fashion. Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder but hopefully I've avoided any game breaking sectors where colliding with stuff makes them effectively a no go area... if they do still exist then they ought to be away from the trade lanes and be where pirates or other pleasant/nasty surprises might be found... not in Treasure Chest or Black Hole Sun. Having a few foggy and dark sectors (but not too much) I think adds to the variety of spacefaring experience somewhat but I'm open to persuasion given sufficient weight of opinion... of course you can always mod the mod. Very Happy

I have started work on the planets and will probably issue an-iterim release that won't require a game-restart (initially at least) ... Wink

Sturmer

PostPosted: Sun, 8. Jan 12, 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I definitely agree it adds to the variety and is quite nice to look at. Smile

Though it still would be nice to have a FLIR or night-vision mode for the more precise maneuvers (manual docking, buzzing asteroids and stations to lose persuers, etc). Very Happy

But in the end, as said (and what I honestly believe), you did a terrific job on the mod!

LizardCor

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 8. Jan 12, 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi

It adds ***modified*** ?

Moonrat

PostPosted: Sun, 8. Jan 12, 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

LizardCor wrote:
Hi
It adds ***modified*** ?

There are no scripts run and at the end of the day it's just a change of textures & map file... So the game stays un-modified (?), may be some one in the know can confirm?

Sturmer

PostPosted: Sun, 8. Jan 12, 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Moonrat wrote:
LizardCor wrote:
Hi
It adds ***modified*** ?

There are no scripts run and at the end of the day it's just a change of textures & map file... So the game stays un-modified (?), may be some one in the know can confirm?

Can't confirm cause I always run X games modified since I'm secure enough to not need "Good boy!" pats on the head whenever I achieve something. Very Happy Wink

qwizzie

MEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 9. Jan 12, 02:07    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

i'm pretty sure with the changed X3_universe.xml you will get a modified tag.

Script : X3 TC/AP/XRM/XTC Sectormap Colored / Revamped -->
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=336711

somewhere between point A and point B i got lost and became an edit control freak ):
Sturmer

PostPosted: Mon, 9. Jan 12, 08:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

There is no changed anything. It's a "fake patch". The only two things to install into main folder is a .cat and a .dat file, that's all.

TheRealBix

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 20. Jan 12, 00:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Cannot launch my saves since the update.

Have only this mod ans MARS too.

is there problems for you too ?

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next