[MOD] IEX - AP/TC Sector Visual Enhancement - IEX 1.5b (27/07/2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Ducci
x3tc

Post by Ducci » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 00:02

Will this need a new game to be started after every update? If so I should rather wait for a more ''final'' update.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 09:51

Ducci wrote:Will this need a new game to be started after every update? If so I should rather wait for a more ''final'' update.
IEX 1.0 & 1.0c have had 37 & 68 downloads respectively and although I have received little positive feedback, I've also received no negative feedback either... so I guess that's a good thing. I'm increasingly thinking therefore that a 'bug fix' release will not be required and so if you're worrying about waiting for about that, its likelihood is fast receding.

There is no definitive timeline for a "final" update so I'd strongly advise you not to wait for this. Going forwards, there may be a few texture changes to existing objects and for this no new gamestart would be required. However, there is a very high chance that I'd require to make changes to the 'x3_universe.xml' file in the future and so unless some good person out there can slip me some MD code to add/delete planets/suns etc. this would then require a new game start. :roll:

I hope to spend more time on IEX during 2012 but if X-Rebirth comes sooner rather than later then all bets will be off... you never know may be connary will release a further update to his work (hint, hint) and so I'd then need to accomodate this within a new release of IEX.

GeminiFire
x3tc

Post by GeminiFire » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 15:36

@Moonrat

Nice Work!!!

I am a fan of connary's work, and was VERY pleased the see you had a download available at Christmas. Restarted a couple of times for 1.0c and am loving it.

I think I will do a lot more personal exploration this time, rather than a TM full of Kestrals.

If we do see an update from connary, I will incorporate your work into the new start also... (X3:TC non-Steam)

Thanx for the Eye-Candy!!!

Couple of Questions, if I may?

1. When setting graphic settings, it has been common to turn off AA & AF in the game and override with Video Card Settings, utilizing GPU horsepower and taking some load off CPU. Is this still the best way to do this?

2. Can you recommend settings for an nVidia Video Card? A long time ago, someone (Andi2, Graphics Dev Team?) posted an informative piece about the in-game graphic techniques used, and optimal settings for nVidia Cards...

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=33

Can you offer any similar, more current information? (that post is almost 3 years old) Since the work of you and connary will always be standard in all my future installs, current info would be appreciated.

Thanx again for the Great Work you do.
Making my most valuable games even more valuable...

Have a Great X3 year...
GF
Trade Hard, Fight Smart, Die Well ( then Reload :D )
===================================
PC FireStorm - Windows 7 PRO x64 - AMD FX8350 8-Core
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - OCZ SSD C:, X: - Asus GTX 760 - G. Skill 32Gb DDR3-1600

Moizo
xr

Post by Moizo » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 19:58

You mention in your initial post, that IE 1.1 is 410mb, maybe its me but the download is 104mb for me, maybe (assuming it is 104 rather then 410) change the initial post so confusion is avoided?

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 21:51

Moizo wrote:You mention in your initial post, that IE 1.1 is 410mb, maybe its me but the download is 104mb for me, maybe (assuming it is 104 rather then 410) change the initial post so confusion is avoided?
Done, thanks... apologies for the typo. and slow response to fix it but I've been away for Xmas Hols.

As the above appears to be the only "complaint" I've had so far after 180 downloads of IEX 1.0c then I'm a very happy bunny! :D

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 22:29

i like your mod in combination with Connary's mod so much i highly recommended it in my own mod. Good job..

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 02:00

dude sorry should have said I totally love this mod, its sooo perdy, the attention to detail is awesome, I don't know if i could play without it now I'm using it...
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 14:14

Great job on this mod, thanks for posting it!

I have just one question/plea: could you make some of the darkest sectors a little brighter? For example, Black Hole Sun is so black I can't see anything. I *think* I collided with an asteroid, but can't confirm neither that. It was either that or my ship just exploded by itself. Which is also possible, since this is the second time it happened, both times in dark sectors, both times moving very slowly.

Anyway, in AP IIRC Treasure Chest (another dark sector) and BHS were both bright and red. But otherwise, you did an amazing job!

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 14:22

I don't thinks dark, what level have you got your gamma? is it 127 default that is what I have...
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 14:48

127 as well. Uploading pics for illustration.

First pic is while docked in Omycron Lyrae.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z37 ... 653296.jpg

Second is when coming out of the gate into Treasure Chest.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z37 ... 817312.jpg

Third and Fourth are Black Hole Sun, the completely black mass with the yellow horizontal stripe at the bottom is a Terran Woden, you can see how dark it is.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z37 ... 015781.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z37 ... 010015.jpg

{Oversize images changed to links - Terre}

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 16:14

how have you got the timelines GUI?

thats not how it looks in mine, have you any other mods in?
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 18:47

It's not the Timelines GUI just a different Gravidar ;)
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 19:00

Nah, that's just the optional HUD from CMOD 3. Only the HUD, I don't have CMOD installed.

I've got loads of other scripts (mostly additional ships, combat and economy scripts - CAG, salvage, bailing addons, MBR...), but except IE and this one, nothing that would change visuals of sectors.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 19:00

lol I was going by the colour sceme, I guess I should stop having the hump now...
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 19:55

I've run up both X:TC and AP and I'm not sure the screenshots tally with what I have...

In order ... Omicron Lyrae (notice the fog), Treasure Chest and Black Hole Sun, this is what I'm seeing and none of them are as dark as described...

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Are you sure you have IEX 1.0c installed on top of IE 1.1 as described in the OP. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Are there any mods installed after IE & IEX which have either Lenflares, TBackgrounds, TPlanets or TSuns as a component?
Last edited by Moonrat on Sat, 7. Jan 12, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 19:56

nope mine is consistant with your shots, the red rocks...
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 06:23

Moonrat wrote:I've run up both X:TC and AP and I'm not sure the screenshots tally with what I have...

Are there any mods installed after IE & IEX which have either Lenflares, TBackgrounds, TPlanets or TSuns as a component?
Crap! I've got TBackgrounds.txt installed to remove the fog and extend the view distance because of the annoying fog in Omycron Lyrae that was there before I installed IE. Will remove it and see what happens.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 08:45

I have incorporated extended view distances IEX into many sectors, but there are still a few out which have foggy "reduced" distances to add some variety. If you have superseded IEX TBackgrounds then you'll be missing a ton of stuff as IEX has 40 additional backgrounds which 'x3_universe.xml' references.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 08:59

Deleted from the folder "types" the TBackgrounds.txt I found on this forum, no improvement. :(

Hm, just remembered, I tried to install IE via the plugin. Even though it doesn't show up on the list of installed plugins it said that it was successfully installed. Because it didn't show up, I then manually put the dat and cat files into my TC folder. Perhaps that interferes? I'll try deleting the IE and IEX dat and cat files manually and see if anything happens.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 10:18

Sturmer wrote:Deleted from the folder "types" the TBackgrounds.txt I found on this forum, no improvement. :(

Hm, just remembered, I tried to install IE via the plugin. Even though it doesn't show up on the list of installed plugins it said that it was successfully installed. Because it didn't show up, I then manually put the dat and cat files into my TC folder. Perhaps that interferes? I'll try deleting the IE and IEX dat and cat files manually and see if anything happens.
Of the 220+ downloads yours is the first I think with install problems. I've not tried to install it as a plugin as it has no SPK file... may be something for a later version (unless someone else out there wishs to take that on)? I'd suggest going for a vanilla install of X:TC or AP, then installing IE & IEX and then keep adding the plugins until it gets broken...?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”