[MOD] IEX - AP/TC Sector Visual Enhancement - IEX 1.5b (27/07/2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Moonrat
x4

[MOD] IEX - AP/TC Sector Visual Enhancement - IEX 1.5b (27/07/2014)

Post by Moonrat » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 00:55

IEX 1.5b
    • *** New download now available ***
    *** 1.5a/1.5b hot fix available, see below for details ***

*** Compatibility patch now to enable TCAP within XRM using IEX ***
Compatible with...
  • Terran Conflict 3.2c
    Albion Prelude 3.1
    LUV 1.7.0 (AP only)
    XRM 1.30d (TC & AP)
    Terran Conflict Plots for AP 1.5
This mod primarily builds upon Connary's rather fine 'Immersive Environments' work, so much so in fact, it is a pre-requisite of IEX:AP that you have it installed. The primary goal behind IEX:AP is to provide IE 1.1 material within X3AP but also to make available a greater variety of environments to enhance the playing experience. This has been achieved by introducing selected elements from various other 'background mods' that have graced these forums over the past years as well as introducing brand new images not seen before.

[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]][ external image ]

Before further ado, I give thanks to the following for permission to use their work and much more...
  • EGOSOFT for creating such a marvellous game and so much more.
    Connary for all his work on IE and giving me inspiration for this mod.
    The TOTT team for several backgrounds and many objects in the Solar System (Sergey "Selen" Lenkov & Dmitri "Dimosus.X" Budic).
    x3_gotcha for his pimped Hubble Universe images.
    Doubleshadow for his indispensable modding tools.
    Dillpickle & Black147 for their TCAP IEX & XRM compatibility work.
    paulwheeler & Mizuchi for use of the XRM sun textures & assistance with XRM IEX compatibility
    whyme for enabling XRM users to enjoy TCAP with IEX
    Litcube for use of his fog(s)
    Mokonzi for hosting the latest versions of the mod.
    NASA & ESA for the space piccies.
    Everyone on the forum for all the help over the years.
    My family for enduring patience.
    Luna for loyally keeping me company at my feet...

Miscellaneous Textures :
Whilst laying the sectors out, using IE as a base, I have attempted to even out the numbers so that no single type of background dominates too much, some are fewer in number whilst others have been increased. Some of the sectors that were simply empty space before, now have a hint of what is to come as the gates take you on your journey thru' space... giving increased continuity I hope. 'Lost' images from earlier versions of IE may be seen as well as enhanced backgrounds from the 'pimped Hubble' mod are included. Likewise a few backgrounds from TOTT are used and I have also been gladly permitted access to their stock of high quality Terran planets as a base to introduce my own versions. New suns have also been added giving a greater variability in both look and sector solar intensities. Going forwards it is my intention to continue focusing on planetary bodies to increase the variability of them but also their texture quality... this will however depend on RL and more importantly X-Rebirth. :D

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Although a new game start is not required upon each release, the best effect will always be seen within new games.

NOTE : To install this for both X3:TC and X:AP you only need to download IE 1.1 & IEX 1.5b once each.

X3 : Terran Conflict
  • 1). Download IE 1.1 from here (104MB)
    2). Copy & rename the cat/dat to ...\X3TC\14.cat and ...\X3TC\14.dat
    3). Download IEX 1.5b from here or here (316MB)
    4). Copy & rename the cat/dat to ...\X3TC\15.cat and ...\X3TC\15.dat
    5). Set View Distance to Medium for best effect (View distances in TBackgrounds.txt have been extended)
    6). Run X3:TC
Albion Prelude
  • 1). Download IE 1.1 from here (104MB)
    2). Copy & rename the cat/dat to ...\X3TC\addon\05.cat & ...\X3TC\addon\05.dat
    3). Download IEX 1.5b from here or here (316MB)
    4). Copy & rename the cat/dat to ...\X3TC\addon\06.cat & ...\X3TC\addon\06.dat
    5). Set View Distance to Medium for best effect (View distances in TBackgrounds.txt have been extended)
    6). Run X3AP
IEX 1.5b TC Map Hot Fix
  • For vanilla TC games only (ie. not XRM or TCAP), a small & simple hot fix may be applied using this file to avoid a full IEX 1.5b download.
    Unpack the map file and place it in the '\maps' folder for TC. Please note that this should only be done for vanilla TC games only (not AP or LUV/XRM/TCAP).
LUV (1.7.0)
  • A small 'fake' patch is required to experience IEX with the latest version of Litcube's Universe (LUV 1.7.0), this is called LUi and can be found here or here.

Unpack the zip file and then order the cat/dat files as follows:

For LUV (AP only) in the 'addon' folder... NOTES : EMS users please offset all cats above 9 by one, EMS consumes cat 10.
    A new gamestart is recommended.
XRM (1.30.5a)
  • A small 'fake' patch is required to experience IEX with the latest version of XRM (1.30d), this is called XRMi and can be found here.

Unpack the zip file and then order the cat/dat files as follows:

For XRM (TC) in the main TC folder... For XRM (AP) in the 'addon' folder... NOTES : Any optional XRM packs but NOT the Backgrounds pack should come afterwards, these may however cause issues with IEX depending on their content.
    A new gamestart is recommended.
XRM : Terran Conflict Plots for Albion Prelude (XRMi-TCAP)
  • A compatibility patch is required to use IEX with XRM incorporating the "Terran Conflict plots for Albion Prelude" ... This can be found here.
    All credit must go to whyme for the conversion of XRMi to accommodate TCAP within XRM utilising IEX. Please report any bugs
    to either him or me via whichever thread seems most appropriate, thanks.

This small fake patch needs to be placed immediately after the TCAP cat/dat files from dillpickle.

For XRM (AP) in the 'addon' folder...
Vanilla : Terran Conflict Plots for Albion Prelude (TCAP)
  • A compatibility patch is required to use IEX with "Terran Conflict plots for Albion Prelude" ... This is currently TCAPiex 1.5a and can be found here.
    Most of the content was created by dillpickle and so accordingly great credit should go to him for this. Please report any bugs
    to either him or me via whichever thread seems most appropriate, thanks.

This small fake patch needs to be placed immediately after the TCAP cat/dat files from dillpickle.
TSuns
  • IEX sectors that have low light levels have reduced "Suns %" available to SPPs whilst bright sectors have more... Stars with a lower "Suns %" will tend to be smaller/dimmer whilst those with a higher "%" are larger/brighter. Although the primary goal of IEX/XRMi is to improve the visual experience only, this "Sun %" change is perhaps the sole (small) alteration which can affect the economy during gameplay.

This can however be reset to vanilla like behaviour by using a small fake patch found here. This cat/dat needs to be placed as the highest number in sequence. This file is compatible with all versions up to and including IEX 1.5b
NoFog
  • For all those pilots who don't like foggy sectors this file needs to be placed into the main 'types' folder for TC and/or the '\addon\types' folder for AP.
    This file is compatible with all versions up to and including IEX 1.5b, plus all downloadable sub-components including XRMi & TCAPiex.
NOTES:
1). IE 1.1 has to be installed in both X3:TC + X3:AP (addon) folders to function correctly in both games, this is because elements of X3AP 01.dat supersede X3:TC IE 1.1.
2). No resident of Florida was hurt during the making of this enterprise. :wink:

Change log...

IEX 1.5b (316MB)
28/07/2014
  • Fix : (TC map only) Gate between Desecrated Skies & Moo-Kye's Revenge now exists
IEX 1.5a (316MB)
16/05/2013
  • AP 3.0 Compatibility
    Replacement AP 3.0 Backgrounds:
    - orangeblackhole
    - yellowrift
    - closeplanet
IEX 1.4a (313MB)
28/11/2012
  • New Backgrounds:
    - burninghorizon2 (Tempest, Ocean of Fantasy)
    - foggreenoutlands2 (Enduring Light, Eta Psi)
    New Moon Textures (with some now rotating)
    - Grey, Brown Crater, Dark Crater
    Uranus : Slight increase in draw/fade distance
IEX 1.3c (309MB)
04/10/2012 - All changes apply only to Albion Prelude
  • Fix : Add Maccana to Saturn shipyard
    Fix : Add Cormorant to Ianamus Zura shipyard
    Fix : Add Guppy to Lucky Planets shipyard
    Fix : Add Ariadne to Cardinal's Domain shipyard
    Fix : Vanilla AP music in Harmony of Perpetuity, Circle of Labour, Elysium of Light, Treasure Chest, Aldrin 2
IEX 1.3b (309MB)
22/08/2012
  • Fix : Company Pride sector similarity with neighbour
    Fix : Reduce visible sun size : Neptune
    Fix : Remove visible sun & reduce light level : Pluto, Kuiper Belt
    Fix : Orientation of SPP(s) in Queen’s Harbour
    Add : Titan now visible thru’ Saturn North Gate
IEX 1.3a (308MB)
04/07/2012
  • Fix : Duplicate planet in Scale Plate Green removed
    Fix : Removal of lights from close waterworld
    Fix : Old Saturn rings now less bright
    Add : New Intro Menu
    Add : Inclusion of XRM sun textures
    Add : Improved orbital textures : awkworld
    Add : Additional close textures : acidworld (x2), craterworld, icewhite (x2), lavarock, oasis, venom
    Add : Planet Hades & Garleth Prime
    Add : Rotating Io
IEX 1.2a (278MB)
22/04/2012
  • Fix : View distances reduced/optimised to sector sizes
    Fix : Corrected SPP orientation in Albion Sectors
    Fix : Improved lighting in Trinity Sanctum
    Fix : Swap ice planet types between Shining Currents / Barren Shores
    Fix : Sun too close in Rhy’s Desire
    Fix : TSuns.txt duplicate ID
    Add : 2 New lava planets
    Add : Brown, Green & Blue (improved) gas giants
    Add : Improved dione, enceladus, mimas
    Add : Improved orbital Jupiter
    Add : New orbital terrain textures : copperworld, craterworld, curosant, greyrock, homeland, oceania, oasis
    Add : New Albion lava texture
    Add : X:TC Aldrin Mission sectors now match those in AP
IEX 1.1a (234MB)
07/02/2012
  • Fix : Sector inconsistencies reduced between TC & AP.
    Fix : TC Power Circle gate remote connections now correct (AP was Ok).
    Fix : TC President’s End gate positions distanced to match AP for consistency.
    Fix : Minor gate position/orientation alignments corrected between TC & AP.
    Add : ANH & DLC maps added to TC
    Add : TSuns.txt made more XRM friendly
    Add : Orbit Waterworld now uses rejigged “standard_13” texture to give Argon Prime mountains.
    Add : Texture swap of “snowwhite” & “icechannel” within bod files & new cloud texture for some.
    Add : New Blue Giant (close)
    Add : Fungus planet has new texture
    Add : New Cracked Desert planet (orbit/close/distant)
    Add : New alternate Cracked Desert planet (close)
    Add : New Red Desert planet (close)
    Add : New Albion planet (close/distant)
    Add : New Rocklands texture (orbit/close/distant)
    Add : New Rocklands alternate textures (x2) (orbit/close)
IEX 1.0c (188MB)
24/12/2012
  • Fix : Corrected 'war' orientation of SPP in Circle of Labour
    Add : Now supports X3:TC & AP in unified cat/dat
IEX:AP 1.0 (187MB)
22/12/2012
  • Initial release
[ external image ]
Last edited by Moonrat on Wed, 24. Aug 16, 23:58, edited 133 times in total.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 01:59

Nice job Moonrat. Only thing I would suggest is make your thread title a little more detailed.

Downloading now.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 08:28

joelR wrote:Nice job Moonrat. Only thing I would suggest is make your thread title a little more detailed.
Downloading now.
Title changed to hopefully something more 'descriptive'.
I am still however in need of a file hosting ability (hence the broken link), but if you download Connary's IE 1.1 in preparation you'll be 36% there... :)

Cookie000
x3tc

Post by Cookie000 » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 08:38

Moonrat wrote:[quote="joelR"
Title changed to hopefully something more 'descriptive'.
I am still however in need of a file hosting ability (hence the broken link), but if you download Connary's IE 1.1 in preparation you'll be 36% there... :)
Why not just use mediafire? :)

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 08:49

Cookie000 wrote:Why not just use mediafire? :)
I tried this last night but after 30 minutes+ it still wouldn't show my screenshots? However this morning it now appears to be Ok, so I'm uploading the dat/cat files now to MediaFire (40 mniutes and counting... fingers crossed). Not sure how fast this 'free service' is going to be tho' for folks downloading it the other way...?

Cookie000
x3tc

Post by Cookie000 » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 17:35

Moonrat wrote:I tried this last night but after 30 minutes+ it still wouldn't show my screenshots? However this morning it now appears to be Ok, so I'm uploading the dat/cat files now to MediaFire (40 mniutes and counting... fingers crossed). Not sure how fast this 'free service' is going to be tho' for folks downloading it the other way...?
Mediafire is a heck a lot better than megabuttload, rapidshare, etc. for free users. For image hosting, I would use http://tinypic.com or http://imgur.com as imageshack is slooooow :(

Looking forward to this mod. :D

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 19:20

IEX:AP 1.0 is now available on MediaFire...
Please let me know how you get on and if there any issues with it, thanks.

See OP for installation instructions...
Last edited by Moonrat on Sat, 24. Dec 11, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 20:12

How's it going folks...? Good? Bad? Ugly? Broken....?

minime83
x3tc

Post by minime83 » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 20:34

Hi Moonrat,

I don't have AP. Can you chance your mod for X3TC?

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 20:36

downloaded yr mod (already had IE 1.1) in about 9 minutes with MediaFire so dont worry about download time or speed. Right now i'm in the middle of modifying my game a bit more (trying to merge killerog's trailmod with AP) so i havent done any exploring and cant really comment on the improvements you made. But i can say it works without problem so far and Argon Prime looks great.

Good job on getting it to work with AP and i'm looking forward to seeing a whole new universe with regards to background and stuff when i'm ready to really start my game.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 21:18

minime83 wrote:Hi Moonrat,

I was almost finished with the mod for X3TC when AP came along for testing so my priorities got swung in that direction. IEX:TC 1.0 is almost done so I could try and get that out soon. I really wanted to see how folks got on with IEX:AP first to make sure it looked and functioned OK. I want to try and combine TC & AP all in the same cat/dat if possible so that only one file ever needs to be downloaded.

So the sooner I get feedback the better... :roll:

Moonrat
x4

IEX 1.0c (24/12/2011)

Post by Moonrat » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 01:37

New download - IEX:1.0c (24/12/2011)

• *** Download now available ***
I have finished off preparing the X3:TC map for IEX and I have built a single cat/dat I believe will handle both X3:TC & AP. This release was done in a bit of a rush as I'm away soon for Xmas, so if it's pants you might need to wait until 2012, but don't worry it's not the end of the world eh! :wink: The download link for IEX:AP 1.0 is still up so that'll still be good to go.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Please note that this mod is still in the BETA stage and so any faults or observations will be gladly looked at when time permits.
Although a new game start is not required, the best effect will be seen within new games.

NOTE : To install this for both X3:TC and X:AP you only need to download IE 1.1 & IEX 1.0c once each.

X3 : Terran ConflictAlbion Prelude
Last edited by Moonrat on Sat, 24. Dec 11, 08:43, edited 2 times in total.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 07:06

Moonrat, have a word with Moko at TXU, he'll set you up with some FTP space. ;)

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 07:56

Aragon Speed wrote:Moonrat, have a word with Moko at TXU, he'll set you up with some FTP space. ;)
Hahaha, We just put him on the xtimelines.net, witch is also hosted by
"Mokonzi", the Hosting God of X!... ahaha

Well you know what they say, Great minds think alike... at the exact same time... place ... and ... ok now its just spooky, Get out of my head! :P
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 09:13

Aragon Speed wrote:Moonrat, have a word with Moko at TXU, he'll set you up with some FTP space. ;)
Many thanks for the offer but I’ve overcome my initial tribulations with MediaFire so I think I’m Ok now.
minime83 wrote:Hi Moonrat,
Done, I was going to do this in early 2012 but even at my great age the impatience of youth is still a problem!

The new unified X3:TC / AP release is now available (see OP).

Merry X-mas to one and all.

Ducci
x3tc

Post by Ducci » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 00:02

Will this need a new game to be started after every update? If so I should rather wait for a more ''final'' update.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 09:51

Ducci wrote:Will this need a new game to be started after every update? If so I should rather wait for a more ''final'' update.
IEX 1.0 & 1.0c have had 37 & 68 downloads respectively and although I have received little positive feedback, I've also received no negative feedback either... so I guess that's a good thing. I'm increasingly thinking therefore that a 'bug fix' release will not be required and so if you're worrying about waiting for about that, its likelihood is fast receding.

There is no definitive timeline for a "final" update so I'd strongly advise you not to wait for this. Going forwards, there may be a few texture changes to existing objects and for this no new gamestart would be required. However, there is a very high chance that I'd require to make changes to the 'x3_universe.xml' file in the future and so unless some good person out there can slip me some MD code to add/delete planets/suns etc. this would then require a new game start. :roll:

I hope to spend more time on IEX during 2012 but if X-Rebirth comes sooner rather than later then all bets will be off... you never know may be connary will release a further update to his work (hint, hint) and so I'd then need to accomodate this within a new release of IEX.

GeminiFire
x3tc

Post by GeminiFire » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 15:36

@Moonrat

Nice Work!!!

I am a fan of connary's work, and was VERY pleased the see you had a download available at Christmas. Restarted a couple of times for 1.0c and am loving it.

I think I will do a lot more personal exploration this time, rather than a TM full of Kestrals.

If we do see an update from connary, I will incorporate your work into the new start also... (X3:TC non-Steam)

Thanx for the Eye-Candy!!!

Couple of Questions, if I may?

1. When setting graphic settings, it has been common to turn off AA & AF in the game and override with Video Card Settings, utilizing GPU horsepower and taking some load off CPU. Is this still the best way to do this?

2. Can you recommend settings for an nVidia Video Card? A long time ago, someone (Andi2, Graphics Dev Team?) posted an informative piece about the in-game graphic techniques used, and optimal settings for nVidia Cards...

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=33

Can you offer any similar, more current information? (that post is almost 3 years old) Since the work of you and connary will always be standard in all my future installs, current info would be appreciated.

Thanx again for the Great Work you do.
Making my most valuable games even more valuable...

Have a Great X3 year...
GF
Trade Hard, Fight Smart, Die Well ( then Reload :D )
===================================
PC FireStorm - Windows 7 PRO x64 - AMD FX8350 8-Core
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - OCZ SSD C:, X: - Asus GTX 760 - G. Skill 32Gb DDR3-1600

Moizo
xr

Post by Moizo » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 19:58

You mention in your initial post, that IE 1.1 is 410mb, maybe its me but the download is 104mb for me, maybe (assuming it is 104 rather then 410) change the initial post so confusion is avoided?

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 21:51

Moizo wrote:You mention in your initial post, that IE 1.1 is 410mb, maybe its me but the download is 104mb for me, maybe (assuming it is 104 rather then 410) change the initial post so confusion is avoided?
Done, thanks... apologies for the typo. and slow response to fix it but I've been away for Xmas Hols.

As the above appears to be the only "complaint" I've had so far after 180 downloads of IEX 1.0c then I'm a very happy bunny! :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”