advanced satellites station?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

baldysm

advanced satellites station?

Post by baldysm » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 23:23

New player of X3 here.

Daviddowner created a number of tutorial videos which I have devoured. In there I learned about advanced satellites and how useful they are.

I even know where I am supposed to be able to buy them. I'm in Argon Prime, sitting at location 29.5, -5.33, -12.9 with a duplex scanner and I should be seeing an advanced satellite factory.

I don't. I even went back and found the spot in the video that shows where the station is. I am within about 2km of where the station should be.

At about 2:13 in this video of Dave's :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unw_fDAEPSg
It tells me exactly where it should be.

Any ideas how to fix this? Do I just have to find some other satellite station someplace, start the game over, or build my own satellite manufacturing station?

Trading is a PITA when you have to actually go system to system looking for a place to sell your cargo.

mistervec
x4

Post by mistervec » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 23:29

Well, first make sure that you're playing the same X3 game as Daviddowner. If you are, then keep in mind that if a station gets exploded for some reason (marauding Xenon, out-of-control TL hauler, wiener-dog rebellion) then it will respawn in the same sector after a day or so, but not, necessarily, at the same location.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 23:38

Here's a list of places where Advanced Satellites are manufactured and sold: X3TC.ru - Advanced Satellite

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 00:10

by "X3" do you mean reunion? If so, and if I can remember from 3 years ago, then there is often a AdvSat fab in the sector immediately north of argon prime.

If TC/AP then you can check your encyclopedia for a list of all the fabs you have seen that produce them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”