X3:AP - Explorer software->scan asteroids(possible spoiler)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kajanov
x4

X3:AP - Explorer software->scan asteroids(possible spoiler)

Post by kajanov » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 01:37

Hi I have a ship with explorer software installed and when I gave it the command Navigation->scan asteroids->survey debris command the Discoverer(M5) did nothing and ended the command right away. When I did the same on a Mammoth(TL) it started moving through gates to... somewhere(I gotta have some sleep, so I don't know where yet).

Anyone know what the command is supposed to do ??

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 01:40

do you have the proper equipment to scan asteroids on the m5?
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Vyrebird
x4

Post by Vyrebird » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 04:28

The 'Survey Debris' command is largely useless in vanilla TC, so I'm assuming it's the same in AP. Sometimes, the ship will fly around the sector and in the end give you a report on the 'small rocks' in the sector (ie all the asteroid chunks that are smaller than what you can Scan/build a mine on). I've only gotten it to do that once (one of the sectors over near LooManckStrat's Legacy, iirc) - the rest of the time, it basically does nothing.

The two other commands from that software - Scan Asteroid and Scan All Asteroids in Sector - work largely as expected, though. (well, Scan All Asteroids didn't like TC Aldrin for me, but I can understand that ;p).

kajanov
x4

Post by kajanov » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 04:55

Oh, I thought it was something to do with what's an item "ship debris" or "station debris" that appear in-game

Thanks for the replies

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”