Destroying other factories for more profit?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

Destroying other factories for more profit?

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 19:54

Hello!

I am new to the game, watched some tutorials and before I start I wanted to ask something:

Let's say I build a factory and there are some other in the same galaxy / area, can I destroy them, so my factory will be the only one where the goods can be bought? If yes, can it be somehow done without much reputation loss? Do I losse reputation everywhere or only from the race that owned the factory?

This would be a very interesting game experience for me :)

And is there already a unlimited salvage insurance MOD for AP? Sometimes I just cannot wait all the time till I reach a station when I must leave the computer.

Thank you!

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 20:01

Well, yes, you can destroy all of your competition if you so desire. There's no way around the reputation loss (okay, there might be one way involving lots of missiles and a jump drive, but I feel it's rather exploit-y). But you would only lose standing with the race the station belonged to.

Instead of destroying NPC factories, you could just build factories that produce resources to sell to those factories. Then purchase the products from the NPC factories and sell those.

As for the salvage insurance issue, I'm not sure. Check the Scripts and Modding forum.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

saco3
x4

Post by saco3 » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 20:02

Welcome to the X universe.:)

I wouldnt do that if I were you, attacking stations can deal a really seriouse blow to your rep with the owner race, they'll blow up anything related to you if it drops too low.

There are a lot of gaps in the X3 universe economy that the player can take advantage of to make some cash. A solar power plant in Argon prime for example, also 1 MJ shield there can get some profit. Just look at the supply and demand in a sector and its nearby sectors and see whats needed.:)

As for salvage insurance I as far as I've seen its unlimited. I got mine up to 80k and can still go up. The limit is how much you can buy at a time but you can repeat the buying process as much as you want.:)

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 20:08

Factories will respawn after a while, so the only thing you'll get out of it is a reputation loss.
And unless they changed something in AP you'll only lose reputation with the race that owns the factory.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 20:19

Of course one can make his money the legal and "nice" way, but I would have fun doing it the "evil" way.
Factories will respawn after a while, so the only thing you'll get out of it is a reputation loss.
mhh I think this makes it clear. I will think about it again when I should have a very large and strong fleet later in the game... :twisted:

cfehunter

Post by cfehunter » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 20:57

You would probably see a more dramatic temporary effect by killing freighters carrying supplies to factories.

Just make sure you aren't killing freighters of the race you're trying to trade with :).

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 00:37

KloHunt3r wrote:Well, yes, you can destroy all of your competition if you so desire. There's no way around the reputation loss (okay, there might be one way involving lots of missiles and a jump drive, but I feel it's rather exploit-y). But you would only lose standing with the race the station belonged to.

Instead of destroying NPC factories, you could just build factories that produce resources to sell to those factories. Then purchase the products from the NPC factories and sell those.

As for the salvage insurance issue, I'm not sure. Check the Scripts and Modding forum.
Im sure in older games (X2 or maybe reunion?) it was possible to tow an asteroid to a competitive station you wanted rid of :)

Doessnt seem to work anymore sadly...

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 01:02

Listen to those who says you just involve them into your productions. sell them secondary resources for maximum profit :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Revenat342
x3tc

Post by Revenat342 » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 02:36

You can take out a Sector Patrol or Defend Station mission if your fight rank is high enough for M7s-M2s and let them take it out nice and easy for you.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 02:41

If you parked a large enough ship directly under each of the stations docking clamps, would that be enough to blockade the station so it can't trade?
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 02:44

As long as you stay in the sector - probably.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 02:49

Gazz wrote:As long as you stay in the sector - probably.
Ah yeah, good point. Not really an acceptable solution then.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”