NOT collecting wares! when ordered.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

KromaZone
x3tc

NOT collecting wares! when ordered.

Post by KromaZone » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 12:50

Ok so i get one of my ships to go and collect wares for a sector which he goes and gladly does for me, but the thing that really pisses me off is that when the ship does he will most of the time just fly around a ware and not collect it?? is anybody else having this problem or is it just me and my daft space fuelled pilots? grrrr

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 12:54

How about giving us some information to work with? Which game you are playing would be a start (X3TC or X3AP), along with the version, whether it's modified, and the rest of the stuff that you're asked to provide in the very first thread in this forum. Without it we have little or no chance of being able to help; that's why we ask everyone to provide it.

KromaZone
x3tc

Post by KromaZone » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 12:55

X3AP i am also on 1.1 of this and no mods or scripts running!!!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 19:25

'Circling of the Crates' is a common occurrence in the games, at least since X2. It's a result of the ship not slowing down enough when it tries to collect a crate. This results in the ship circling around that crate seemingly forever, until the crate times out and explodes. It can also result from having crates too close together so that the collision detection causes it to veer away.

There are two ways to deal with it. One is to order the collection ship to move a couple of km away from the crate and then stop. Then order it to pick up that crate. This is a bit tedious, and can still cause problems if there are other crates nearby.

The second way, and the one I always use, is to leave the sector and let the ship collect the crates while I'm OOS. With collision detection off OOS, the ship will collect the crates quickly and with no problems.

In short, it's not really a 'bug', but a fault in the collection algorithm that causes the ship to fly at too high of a speed when collecting the crates. It could've been fixed by simply having the ship stop after each crate, turn towards the next crate while at zero speed, and then flying directly towards the new crate. Instead, right now it builds up speed as it turns towards the next crate, and ends up circling the crate endlessly.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”