Best ST ship to keep Aldrin economy alive?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jonathan_Shepard
x3ap

Best ST ship to keep Aldrin economy alive?

Post by Jonathan_Shepard » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 18:23

Hi, I just opened up Aldrin last night and started reading forum threads about it... it seems that the Aldrin economy tends to get wiped by GoD if left alone, right? Is it profitable to put a few STs there? I read about someone using "SBs" as STs in Aldrin... does that stand for Springblossom? Are those my best option? If not, what ship would you recommend?

Bonus question: Autopilot seems to act really weird in Aldrin... I assume it's because of the giant rock. Is that not a sector I should be visiting much? Probably a good place to build a giant complex, eh? :)

Thanks!

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 18:29

On autopilot: avoid visiting the sector as much as possible personally. Added benefit for your traders is shorter distances (they can fly through the rock OOS), but need to fly around IS)

For wich trader best to use?: Springblossom indeed, as the sector is so large, speed is the one key importance here.
Their speed is almost 3X as much as the fastest TS (Mistral).

Khift

Post by Khift » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 18:33

The best ship to keep the Aldrin economy alive is the deca.fade.

Park one in every Aldrin station and GoD will never remove any of them. Problem solved!

Jonathan_Shepard
x3ap

Post by Jonathan_Shepard » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 18:38

Thanks for the quick responses!

I think I'll invest in a couple Springblossoms to get the ball rolling in there. :)

Is Aldrin a relatively safe sector? Or will surprises still show up? Thinking about the safety of a giant complex...

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 18:43

It's as safe as it comes, no hostiles ever enter it once you finish the plot.
The combination of a megaplex & the Aldrin rock might bring your computer to it's knees tho.
I know someone managed it, as he builded the X universe second Torus around Aldrin by circling it with his megaplex (first one is the Earth Torus and is egosoft made)

Only enemy that might appear are pirates, as their bases can pop up about anywhere (never heared of one in Aldrin, but not ruling it out)

Jonathan_Shepard
x3ap

Post by Jonathan_Shepard » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 18:51

Starlight_Corporation wrote: The combination of a megaplex & the Aldrin rock might bring your computer to it's knees tho.
But I shouldn't have any reason to ever enter that sector as it breaks all the ship AI when IS. So building a giant complex in Aldrin should not normally get a chance to bring my computer to its knees? Right? :)

Khift

Post by Khift » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 19:00

Unless you've gone *modified* you'll have to be in-sector to build the complex. So you will have to survive then.

That said, if you are willing to go *modified* I know of two mods that would help -- Resized Aldrin Big Rock and Gazz's Complex Cleaner. The two together would render the place pretty much totally fine on any computer that can handle TC normally.

Godzii
x3tc

Post by Godzii » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 19:14

Yeah but just building a complex, while not moving an inch himself, I think he should handle surviving even in vanilla :)

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 12:39

Last time I used Mistral Superfreighters, and this game will also be those together with the Springblossom M6, purely for the speed of the latter vessel.
Aldrin and Terran Sectors can be quite hostile, so be prepared to defend the Traders if necessary.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 15:54

I use Springblossoms in Aldrin. Their speed x cargo ratio is actually very good, making them on that basis alone a very capable trade ship.

Given they available locally, and that their speed is a massive benefit in that sector it makes sense to use them.

The main drawback is the price. 6-7million per ship is going to take a looong time to recover, however if you are primarily concerned with keeping/getting the economy healthy then they are excellent.

Also, it is easily possible to build a large plex in aldrin. I have done it. The benefits are:
300% sun, you wont need as many SPPs as most sectors.
When it comes to minerals it's the richest sector in the game.
It's safe as houses. You wont need to assign defence forces.
Drawbacks:
It is a laggy sector, so the build process can be a little.. Slideshow-esque.
It's massive and the mines are far apart, if you intend to to tow them someplace it will take AGES. Trust me on that, I've done it.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 19:56

Infekted wrote:I use Springblossoms in Aldrin. Their speed x cargo ratio is actually very good, making them on that basis alone a very capable trade ship.

Given they available locally, and that their speed is a massive benefit in that sector it makes sense to use them.
SB is terribly economically unjustified, corvette is NOT trading ship. Instead one SB you can buy small army of fastest TSes available, chokaros or caimans, and release them on aldrin. 20 should do, any you still payed them dirt cheap.

But I believe 20 is too much. Considering size and number of fabs, yes. I believe 3 SBs could pull off whole thing by themselves, it's still to expensive but since it's specialty task ...

Btw I did nothing to preserve aldrin economy, I've stucked pair of mistrals there but quite late, and it's live and well.

Kelvhan Amaratharr
x3tc

Post by Kelvhan Amaratharr » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 23:07

I had a Caiman SF and a Mistral as ST in Aldrin and it went quite well. even with only one ST (a Caiman SF) the Aldrin Economy works quite good.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 23:23

Kelvhan Amaratharr wrote:I had a Caiman SF and a Mistral as ST in Aldrin and it went quite well. even with only one ST (a Caiman SF) the Aldrin Economy works quite good.
Well yes, this is one of the "features" of this game too. No two game are alike. Many players have no problems with availability of certain stuff while others have dreadful problems, and their gaming choices and actions were similar.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 20. Nov 11, 21:37

I have deployed Springblossoms that I purchased earlier and ordered some already trained Sector Traders to jump into Aldrin.
My plan is just to keep pushing ships in, economics and credits considered, I prefer to play the long game, and work on the basis that profits will even out for the spend in the ships, at later stages of the game.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 21. Nov 11, 12:42

deca.death wrote:
Infekted wrote:I use Springblossoms in Aldrin. Their speed x cargo ratio is actually very good, making them on that basis alone a very capable trade ship.

SB is terribly economically unjustified, corvette is NOT trading ship. Instead one SB you can buy small army of fastest TSes available, chokaros or caimans, and release them on aldrin. 20 should do, any you still payed them dirt cheap.

But I believe 20 is too much. Considering size and number of fabs, yes. I believe 3 SBs could pull off whole thing by themselves, it's still to expensive but since it's specialty task ...

Btw I did nothing to preserve aldrin economy, I've stucked pair of mistrals there but quite late, and it's live and well.
In your opinion. In mine the springblossom is one of the best trade ships available.
I would be quite happy if they removed it's ability to mount any weapons at all.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 21. Nov 11, 13:44

I like Spitfires rather than Springs, it just seems to make more sense having a fighter going that fast, rather than a corvette.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 21. Nov 11, 13:47

Spitfyre as a trader? Really? O_o

Neither of them make sense tbh..

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 21. Nov 11, 22:23

The Spitfyre has the speed to be a trade ship certainly, but is lacking in cargo space, for me anyway. The Springy on the other hand is an ideal choice, a great speed and respectable cargo bay. Whilst it obviously won't pick up as much in one go it can make almost 3 trading runs for every one a Mistral could make. Long term, in my eyes, that makes it the more efficient trader, but only in Terran space, with their lack of jumpgates. For commonwealth space, I'm a MSF man, all the way :)

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 23. Nov 11, 10:03

any TS 110 m/s and up does fine in aldrin.

the real key is having them at lvl 20 so they coordinate with eachother.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Wed, 23. Nov 11, 12:55

Infekted wrote: In your opinion. In mine the springblossom is one of the best trade ships available.
Opinion has nothing to do with it, it's a stone cold fact. Buy a fleet of 10 SBs, equip them, and put them anywhere you like as traders.

Then Invest same money in ... how much, 20..30..? mercury TSes, do the same and then monitor each group projected profit and return investment ratio.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”