x Rebirth Multiplayer?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Would you like to have multiplayer part in X: Rebirth?

Yes
33%
No idea / Does not matter
14%
No
53%

Total votes: 183

Halandar
x3

x Rebirth Multiplayer?

Post by Halandar » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 14:46

Hi,

i've just thought aout it... with the removal of the SETA time acceleration thing, there is no reason why not to make a multiplayer part, or not?
Maybe it's just me dreaming of extrem long muliplayer sessions with your friends in the huge Universe of X :roll:

What's your opinion? Would you like it?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 15:58

There will be no Multiplayer in X Rebirth.

Translation of the respective question and answer from page 2 of the krawall.de-Interview:
krawall.de wrote:One word: Multiplayer?
Bernd wrote:Nope.
And just for reference The X3 Online / Multiplayer FAQ and CBJ's Multiplayer FAQ.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Halandar
x3

Post by Halandar » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 16:12

:( ooouh... Shame on me!
Sorry for the millionth poll on that!
I know that X Rebirth wont't have a multiplayer, just wanted to know how much would have interest in it, but your link explained everything,
Sorry for another multiplayer thread/poll !! :(

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 16:48

I vote that this thread goes south :wink:

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 16:49

eldyranx3 wrote:I vote that this thread goes south :wink:
Quickly!
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Myrmedon

Post by Myrmedon » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 17:15

Step one: buy duck tape.
Step two: firmly wrap around head to prevent combustion. :evil:
Step three: count to 100 before posting.
Step four: exit thread before posting.

:roll:

:wink:

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 17:34

Distant rumble as Myrmedon's head explodes.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 18:29

Stars_InTheirEyes wrote:
eldyranx3 wrote:I vote that this thread goes south :wink:
Quickly!
It will if ya'll stop posting in it. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 18:17

Ack I hate myself already for posting here, so I'll keep it brief. I'd like a small Co-Op segment where we could play together in a small part during missions or something, but after that I'd want to go back to my SP universe, not sharing it with anybody. Exploding Xenon Hub makes traversable interdimensional rift?

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 22:46

I suppose in a way the X-games are set up to be the perfect MP gaming experience because after all the game is about individuals all owning their own factories and the supply and demand that results from this mechanic.

However would I want other players running around blowing my factories up just for kicks? .......................er no actually.

So yeah the idea works fine but can you play it using someone else's universe please and leave me to to run my universe the way I want to :D
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 22:53

please, please let this sink quickly...
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Texhnolyzed
x3tc

Post by Texhnolyzed » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 00:20

It's definitely not one of the things I'd be eager to see implemented in the game. Maybe as a mod of some sort...

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 03:19

I think the X games would be fun in a limited, non-MMO fashion, where for instance my wife and I could cooperate in running our empire and doing missions. We have a game called "Dawn of Discovery" (also known as "Anno 1404" in the European market) where we do just that, in which players can cooperate in making decisions and placing structures. It too is a very long, drawn out game, and coop multiplayer works there pretty well.

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 15:31

Well, the question is still valid. He's asking for an opinion. Would I like multiplayer features in X? I certainly would. I know it won't have them, but I would like them. Being able to play with my dad, or brother (we like space games) on the same playing field would be awesome.

Edit: I'm thinking limited network support, like freelancer for example. Not MMO-level multiplayer support.

Rabiator der II.
x3ap

Post by Rabiator der II. » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 21:01

caleb wrote:I'm thinking limited network support, like freelancer for example. Not MMO-level multiplayer support.
I guess that would make more sense as well, because more than a handful of players filling the universe with their stations would just be too much.

But even limited network support brings up a bunch of new programming tasks, for which Egosoft might not have the resources. Too bad... :(

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 21:06

I voted no

Just out of curiosity really .
All past discussions of multiplayer has been negative.

I just wondered if this would be any different.

At time of reply..."The no's has it."

OmniNull
x2

Post by OmniNull » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 00:55

How hard is it to understand that mulitplayer doesn't suddenly open up some wild west in your universe, you have A) Control over who you let into your game. B) You have control over who you let into your game. C) You have control over who you let into your game, and finally D) COOP with friends is always fun, you 'misanthropic' kids.

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 01:07

No, because modding probably wouldn't be possible unless there were custom servers, etc. and what if we don't agree on modding/gameplay elements? I like the customization aspect that single player games provide that multiplayer can't. And then let's not forget internet issues, not being able to save, etc.
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 05:47

Rabiator der II. wrote:
caleb wrote:I'm thinking limited network support, like freelancer for example. Not MMO-level multiplayer support.
I guess that would make more sense as well, because more than a handful of players filling the universe with their stations would just be too much.

But even limited network support brings up a bunch of new programming tasks, for which Egosoft might not have the resources. Too bad... :(
Co-op would be the coolest thing to ever happen to X.

I envision being able to invite a friend into my galaxy. Kit him up with a tricked out M5 and let him kick some Xenon butt. To him, it's just a space based shoot em up. To me, it's a giant galactic simulator. I'll handle the long term "boring" part of building the galaxy. . . he can pop in when ever and blow some stuff up.

"Go kill the guys with red targets. If you get in trouble, hightail it for the big green target that says 'Osaka'". How awesome would that be? If he blows up my Rapier then Pfft. It's just a rapier.

Then when the noobie gets the itch for something deeper he won't be intimidated by the depth of the game because I'm right there in voice chat helping him out.

OmniNull
x2

Post by OmniNull » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 05:51

Yeah, everyone expects the worst from people. Don't you guys have buddies you'd love to play this game coop with?

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”