Slaves and how insanely complex it is to enslave a passenger

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Emelious
x3tc

Slaves and how insanely complex it is to enslave a passenger

Post by Emelious » Sat, 12. Nov 11, 19:42

so i decided to wage war against the pirates , during which time i would destroy any pirate / yaki that came within my firing range, upon entering a pirate sector, i got the attention of some, but of course there's not much a group of 8 m3's can do against a fully equipped Boreas.

it lead to two of the group bailing, which i would later transfer to my vulture, to enslave them at the nearest pirate station and then transferred them back to my Boreas once they where "slaves" , now my reasoning behind doing this was to be able to transfer "slaves" to my xenon hub , thinking that i wouldn't have to depend on a pirate station , because now my hub would give me the option to enslave any passenger i had in my Boreas

well, after getting another bailed pirate into my Boreas, i jumped directly to my hub, excited to test out my theory

that's when i learned that enslaving somebody wasn't so easy, because i could not enslave this passenger at my xenon hub

so long story short, i want to know why the only place that you can enslave a passenger is at a pirate station , because it doesn't make any sense to me.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 12. Nov 11, 20:08

Think of it this way, only the Pirates have installed in their ship docks the highly illegal jury-rigged equipment and mind-altering drug dispensers needed to first extract a live body from the cargo-bay compression field and then subjugate their higher mental functions without driving them entirely insane. This otherwise needs extensive and expensive station medical and support facilities that are always supervised by the owning race's officials - and even the Split only allow licenced industrial slavery without the drug suppression - plus they will not licence their equipment to other factions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 04:21

Nice technobabble. And political-babble.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 06:20

In Reunion, all ejected pilots were automatically changed to slaves when you picked them up. Which made sense with the Cargo Life Support add-on requiring only an S-sized cargo hold. For whatever reason, Ego changed that with TC and I haven't a clue, why. (Don't know why they changed the opening of the cargo hold to gather goods, either.)

Also, Slaves are no longer contraband in TC (they are, but....not really). In Reunion, picking up pilots meant possible police attack during scans. In TC you can pick up as many pilots as you want and never have to worry about scans, because they are listed as Passengers. Then you go to a pirate station and turn them into slaves there, and sell them there. Where's the risk in that?

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 08:24

Most likely reason for the change-over between Reunion and TC: the Devs A) programmed the game to require you to pick people up "safely", or B) didn't think that anyone would be so humanitarian as to pick anyone up in Reunion.
-- GD

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 17:46

Gold Dragon wrote:Most likely reason for the change-over between Reunion and TC: the Devs A) programmed the game to require you to pick people up "safely", or B) didn't think that anyone would be so humanitarian as to pick anyone up in Reunion.
I'm betting on A, seeing as how at least two of the plots require to you to pick up astronauts and deliver them to a destination.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Emelious
x3tc

Post by Emelious » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 18:05

Threesixtyci wrote: Then you go to a pirate station and turn them into slaves there, and sell them there. Where's the risk in that?
first of all, by now there's no pirate station or pirate affiliated trading dock that will let me land

secondly, i wanted to adjust the price of the "passengers" to 2,000 cr per person

it's ok, when a pilot bails from now on i'll just shoot them down

thanks for all your replies

Coupaholic
x3tc

Post by Coupaholic » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 20:24

I'm fighting pirates too, but usually I let bailed pilots go. But now I've seen this an idea came to mind.

Capture bailed pilots and once the ship I'm in is full with 'passengers' jump to a Xenon or Khaak sector.

Once arrived kick 'em all out the airlock and just leave them to it. Call it the future equivalent of walking the plank... well they are pirates - it is a fitting end :twisted:

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 04:55

StarSword wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:Most likely reason for the change-over between Reunion and TC: the Devs A) programmed the game to require you to pick people up "safely", or B) didn't think that anyone would be so humanitarian as to pick anyone up in Reunion.
I'm betting on A, seeing as how at least two of the plots require to you to pick up astronauts and deliver them to a destination.
I'm pretty sure Reunion's story has you picking up people floating in space, too. It's been a while since I done the storyline of Reunion, though.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 05:51

It doesn't. It does have you float around in a space suit on a few occasions, but not others.

Automatic Jack
x3tc

Re: Slaves and how insanely complex it is to enslave a passenger

Post by Automatic Jack » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 05:20

I wanted to automate my corporate security program, so I made a pirate base have infinite slaves with Cycrow's cheat menu, then had the CLS2 from my Rehab Facility buy them in bulk, then after they're trained as mercs another CLS distributes them to my firebases.

But I too declared war against the Pirate Guild, so now I have a factory edited to take in ecells, space fuel and weed and outputs slaves, I call it my Drug Den and it's much more efficient. Though I'm now thinking of adding a product that people will buy so there's some traffic coming in and out of it, I just can't decide on which...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”