See asteroid yield after station is on it

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Engy
x4

See asteroid yield after station is on it

Post by Engy » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 23:51

Is there any way to see the yield after you place a station on an asteroid? I wantto modify a complex and forgot what the yield was, which I need to input into to OCC again.

Thanks!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 00:03

Yes there is. You have to know the cycle time of the Mine and number of products made by one cycle. The rest is simple math.

Alternatively, export PlayerStats and read the "theoretical profit per hour" value of the station from the file. Then (back)calculate the yield from it.

Complex Calculators tend to tell/compute the answer too.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 01:21

What I normally do is when I drop a Mine on an asteroid, I put the Yield in the name right after placing it. ( i.e. Ore Mine L (Y 26) ). Then I never have to guess.....
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Godzii
x3tc

Post by Godzii » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 18:01

Yeah my first 10 ore mines I placed on well placed, but unscanned asteroids.

No clue if they even yield ore or silicon now...

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 18:26

Godzii wrote:Yeah my first 10 ore mines I placed on well placed, but unscanned asteroids.

No clue if they even yield ore or silicon now...
Oh my .. :p

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 18:48

Joe McCracken wrote:What I normally do is when I drop a Mine on an asteroid, I put the Yield in the name right after placing it. ( i.e. Ore Mine L (Y 26) ). Then I never have to guess.....
Dito. I drop off the mine, select it and put in the yield into the name (for example: Your Silicon Mine alpha -- Your Silicon Mine 23 (it is the yield)).
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 20:06

Solution for Godzii's dilemma:

Just pay the mine a visit (with a tug and a fleet of mobile miners not far behind you) if you feel it isn't working up to the standards you expect (that surely cannot be your fault) but only if you don't need the mineral/e-cell/credits storage space.

Mine Controller: 'Welcome back aboard.'
You: 'You might want to pack a few things and find a ship berth.'
Mine Controller: 'What is that tug ship doing? - Ahh, bright green light!'
You: 'Don't worry we aren't going too far out of the way, but you still have a while to tie things up since we are only going at 80 m/s.'
Mine Controller: ' Phew we've stopped. What now, and what are you doing with the self-destruct button?'
You: 'See you around!'
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 20:10

When building complexes a good naming system helps enormously.

Not only is it good to put the yield in mines, but renaming them and normal stations as they get placed is a good idea.
I usually name things so that when I am placing CCKs to join them up, I just have to spam the enter button to connect the stations in the order I want.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”