CAG problems!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stroeum

CAG problems!

Post by Stroeum » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 01:08

Hello people! This is my first post here, been digging half the day trying to find an answer to this question but i really can't find one! Soo, i decided to register and ask instead, whats the worst that can happen, right? :D

So i've just recently started replacing my "best buy/sell" freighters for my stations with CAG pilots (using the latest bonuspack) and it appears to be working very well, when it's working at all that is.

I set up a "racetrack" training method for 10 discos and had 10 max-ranked pilots in no time but transfering them to my freighters i encountered a problem.

I have a few ( aprox 3/8 ) ships that doesn't get the option to "start commercial representation" (or w/e its called)

Doubt itd have anything to do with it but all the ships unable to enable CAG are Mercuries.

I've made sure that all my CAGs have the same upgrades and so on and cargo space hasn't made a difference for the other ship... Ofcourse i've also made sure that the ships actually have named pilots in them.
I really don't know what the problem might be! :evil:

Are there a few ships that just can't have CAGs in them?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky away from me.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 01:14

Are this ships that you can't start the command for in space. This is since they need to be docked for the first time when starting the command.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 19:07

Something that happens to me at times, I do not know what triggers it, the ships lose their homebase setting. It happens after I issue the command "start commercial representation" and instead of doing that, it just sits with a "None" command, after it their homebase is cleared and consequently the "start commercial representation" is greyed out.

It usually sorts itself out just by closing that ships menu and getting back to it a minute later.

Check their Homebase to see if they have reset it .

Stroeum

Post by Stroeum » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 07:57

Thanks for the quick answers!

Unfortunately, they are all docked at their home stations...

Even removing homebase and setting it again doesn't make any difference :evil:

I just noticed that (with the exception of my Caiman CAG which works fine) all the cags that aren't working have 4000 or less cargo space, might this be a factor?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 08:41

Stroeum wrote:I just noticed that (with the exception of my Caiman CAG which works fine) all the cags that aren't working have 4000 or less cargo space, might this be a factor?

As far as I know cargo size is not an issue. I have had Falcons P, Falcons H, Aamon P and others as CAGs.

Smaller Mercurys I have often used without problems.

When you say the "start commercial agent" option is not available do you mean it is greyed out or not there at all?

Stroeum

Post by Stroeum » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 09:19

It's not there at all.

Just set up 2 new ones, vulture and mercury.

The vulture works fine but same issue again, the mercury doesn't even have the option to start representation.. Starting to see a pattern here.

Might there be a problem with captured ships? Althought i honestly don't remember capping that many mercuries...

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 12:54

That is weird and I don't think it is a fault with the CAG itself. The most likely cause would be that the ship in question is either not homed to a station or is not adequately equipped but it sounds like you spent a lot of time on this so I am guessing that you have checked and double checked for the obvious.

Other things to consider maybe if you have other scripts that might cause issues with the CAG although I can't see why this problem should only show itself with the mercurys.

This is beyond my knowledge you need somebody that knows more about these things. DrB, Mr A.P. or some of the other experts. I am sure one will be along soon enough.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 13:17

Those last two, check and ensure that those two new ones have the same equipment.

CAG requires: Navigation Mk1, Trade Mk1, and Trade Mk2. As long as you confirm it has all three of those, it should work just fine.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Stroeum

Post by Stroeum » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 14:05

Damn.

Can't believe i overlooked navigation software.... Ofcourse that was the only thing missing... heh.. :oops:

Thanks alot for the help guys! Really appreciate it! :lol:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”