[SCRIPT] Automated Repair: V0.7 : 2011-10-26

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phezzan
xr

[SCRIPT] Automated Repair: V0.7 : 2011-10-26

Post by Phezzan » Thu, 13. Oct 11, 03:44

Dynamic Automated Industries Conglomerate is conducting product testing.

Development of the Hull Automated Repair: Damage Assessment and Control module is nearly complete and will undergo real-world trials to identify integration problems and performance parameters.

DAI Conglomerate hopes to achieve dominance of the automated repair market with H.A.R.D.A.C.

Each HARDAC module houses and directs a small automaton to perform hull repairs. Although this system lacks speed of a StarDock (or even a mechanic in an evo suit), it will tirelessly wield its micro torch even during combat or in breached compartments. To ensure maximum compatibility, HARDAC is capable of navigating even the smallest maintenance conduits.

Even without installing a HARDAC module, HARDAC software can effortlessly assess damaged systems in order to direct repair workers. It is, of course, impossible for inferior human mechanics to navigate the conduits of little ships, however Big Ships will no doubt prefer to use any human cargo trained in mechanics and engineering to ensure victory.

Industry Standard Installer [SPK] now available:
Artificial Life module - Separated for modular compatibility with future releases
HARDAC - Attempting to enable Autoupdate

Product Datasheet:
  • Cost: 64064 cr.
    Ware Class: S
    Cargo Volume: 4
    Repair Rate: from 2/3 to 2 hp/sec depending on Container Class (S, M...ST)
    Ongoing maintenance cost: None
    Availability: Paranid Equipment Docks have agreed to stock HARDAC.
    Marine Effectiveness: 1hp/sec per 30 skill points (mechanical + engineering)
Market Analytics:
  • HARDAC is the only internal automated repair module in the marketplace.
    Existing damage control software is capable of directing marines, but the original producer is no longer in business, and the software has not been maintained for some time.

HARDAC supports scanning at intervals from 3 seconds to 15 seconds, configurable through the artificial life menu.

HARDAC supports repair of user-owned stations, and will assemble repair resources from all docked ships to effect repairs.

HARDAC will repair docked ships once mothership repairs are complete, and never mistakenly orders a repair resource to do two things at once.

HARDAC does not waste time analyzing satellites and quickly ignores drones.

HARDAC intelligently utilizes the entire assigned interval to balance CPU Load.
History:
  • v0.5 Initial Release
    v0.51 Shortened In-Game Module Name to {HARDAC}
    v0.6 Split into Artificial Life script and HARDAC module
    v0.7 Attempt at autoupdate
Artificial Life Module
  • v1.0 Initial Release
    v1.01 Blindly attempting to fix AL menu lockup
Phez

Credits: Cycrow, Tatakau, and Cycrow
Requirements: Cycrow's waremanager, plugin manager, patience
Conflicts: none - Although it would be pretty cheesy to run this alongside Tatakau's Marine Repairs as marines would pull double (or maybe triple) duty.

Language File: 8086-L044, page 8086
(Currently there's an entry for STATION_COMMAND_42 in there, but that's not ready for release yet)

Reuse: Feel free to copy my code. If you're going to release a modified version of this script (ie: without renaming the script files), please link to the original script (here) and mark it as your modified version to avoid any confusion.
Last edited by Phezzan on Tue, 8. Nov 11, 04:48, edited 10 times in total.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 13. Oct 11, 04:28

Is there any cost after the initial purchase?

Phezzan
xr

Post by Phezzan » Thu, 13. Oct 11, 05:04

Nope - Think of it as a tiny marine who's only job is to repair your ship.

Frankly you can't load ore or Teladianium on ships with S cargo, and HARDAC is all about giving small ships self-repair capability.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 13. Oct 11, 05:11

Phezzan wrote:Nope - Think of it as a tiny marine who's only job is to repair your ship.

Frankly you can't load ore or Teladianium on ships with S cargo, and HARDAC is all about giving small ships self-repair capability.
Alright. Thanks.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Thu, 20. Oct 11, 00:28

the new hardware is not showing up in game, the scripts are there but no sign of hardware...
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Phezzan
xr

Post by Phezzan » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 07:11

the new hardware is not showing up in game, the scripts are there but no sign of hardware...
Well the hardware is reliant on the Plugin Manager to add it to TwareT.txt and the text files.

If the plugin manager worked, you should have a types\TwareT.pck file with a very recent date.

You should also have a text file: t\0901-L044.pck
It should have the same date as the TwareT.pck file.

I'm not 100% certain that the number on the text file isn't specific to a particular version of the plugin manager.

If these files do not exist, then you probably just need to open the plugin manager and close it - they should be regenerated.

If you have doubleshadow's X3 editor you can drag in either of those files and look for {HARDAC}. It will probably be at the bottom. If it exists there then it should be in the game. The next possible problem is a failure to register with Cycrow's ware manager which ensures it's available at Paranid Equipment docks. Assuming you have the Ware Manager installed I don't know how it could fail, but I think it will put a failure message in the logbook at load if that happens.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 21:13

it was wasn't writing in, so I deleted the Twares and got the plugin manager to generate a new one, totally sorted now...
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

serialblack
x4

D.A.I not initialized

Post by serialblack » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 03:21

I have installed this as per the instructions, using plugin manager 1.30. When I enter the game and check the logs, its says something about the D.A.I not initialized, and check the plugin manager is up to date, which it is, afaik. Seems like a good script, would like to try it out, if I can get it to work.
Life is too short to go slow.

skywalker3000
x3tc

AL Plugin Problem

Post by skywalker3000 » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 21:44

Hi, if i install the AL Plugin i cant open the AL Settings anymore in game, its freezes all.

V 0.5 works

V 0.7 + AL Pluing = Freeze after go in AL Settings

Phezzan
xr

Post by Phezzan » Fri, 4. Nov 11, 16:02

Yikes.
I'll take a look after work

Update:
I verified that my game's code is identical to the code in the package posted, and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

Not knowing what would happen if the AL plugin were registered with a timer of 0, I decided to ensure it would never happen. Hopefully this will fix the problem...

Autoupdate should work - at least it did for me.

@serialblack:
That sounds like the error message for a missing ware entry.
it would have said:
"HARDAC - unable to initialize!.
If SS_WARE_DAI_AUTOREPAIR is installed please ensure Cycrow's PluginManager is working."

The way to check is by looking at types/TwareT.txt - look for SS_WARE_DAI_AUTOREPAIR - if it's there then there's a problem.
If not, then reopen the plugin manager and close it.

If instead of "HARDAC" it said "0RAC" - that's not a bug - you simply don't have that module. Apologies for the confusion.
0RAC is an attempt at jump capacitors. 0RAC is a bit like Cycrow's "Jumpdrive Energy Generator", except that it takes a minimum of 4 minutes to charge and limits your range depending on how many you have... and it doesn't zero your shields/lasers when you jump.... The reason it isn't posted is that in making it work as intended I modified a handful of vanilla scripts, and had to hack up Cycrow's advjump.jump script pretty severely. It's ugly.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 13:56

hi phezzan will you be porting your script to AP?
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Phezzan
xr

Post by Phezzan » Wed, 20. Feb 13, 06:18

I don't believe it will have any problems...

That said - the increased hull values in AP make it feel a bit less effective, and I'm considering inverting the execution order to make it faster if most of your ships are undamaged - The side effect will be that marine repairs could be attributed experience points... an idea I like a lot.

I'm also working on a few more projects.

0RAC - a replacement for energy cells for powering ship addons (Jumpdrive, etc).
Sadly the addon to be powered must be modified, and I'm still fiddling with supporting traders and 'autojump'.

SuperCruise - a variant of 'Turbo Boost' that uses 0RAC and is more efficient, but less powerful.

CATS - (yet another) station management software.
Like 'Station Agent' but much much simpler - in fact it has zero configuration.

Also a modified NPC Bail script that needs a little debugging and a few intelligent hotkeys that scan anything, load anything, swap weapons, launch drones, etc.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”