[SHIPS] Stargate, babylon 5 and other ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

joshyp00

Post by joshyp00 » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 20:01

I see well I have been looking at the script for it and i must say i don't understand much of it as i'm fairly new to x3 modding but i like the main weapon as the only gun that can do any serious damage to another m2 or m6 or higher as the other weapon placement groups are mainly used for handling fighters.
Oh and is there anyway that i can mount a weapon for the ori warship on the cockpit view every turret i have tried hasn't been able to fire. I'm trying to make it more realistic to the tv show version where only the main view could fire

joul67
x3tc

Post by joul67 » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 12:55

thank you for this great job!
one question .. how to dock the seed to the destiny ?

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 02:02

Just like to point out that these ships are fully X3 Reunion compatable! I tried them out and they all work perfectly like a charm! Not tried on TC yet but I am extremely happy to see these as I thought X3R Ship modding was long dead!
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

xrogaan
x4

Post by xrogaan » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 20:08

J.M. wrote:joshyp00, your not the first to say this, but we have scaled it correctly to ships in the x universe. the destiny isnt as big as everyone thinks, its only 747 meters long, according to stargate wiki. gblro001 has a scale chart that shows how long the x ships are, and i believe he used the buster which is 20m long to scale eveything as closely as possible. you are right about the turrets though, but gblro001 is working on a new destiny which has a more accurate model and will have more turrets. but both him and me are having problems with plugin manager and which is stopping us getting much further with it.
747 meters long is already quite big...

Edit: I tried to install some ships to AP, however, I couldn't see them (missing textures ?). Is there a way to fix this ?

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 21:06

To all those being able to use these ships:
Which version of Plugin Manager do you use? (Lite? Version number?) And which OS?

I also asked a friend of mine to extract or use these ships, but it always tells us something about corrupt RAM.

A. Corvis

evilhomer2701
x3tc

Post by evilhomer2701 » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 21:38

xrogaan wrote:
J.M. wrote:joshyp00, your not the first to say this, but we have scaled it correctly to ships in the x universe. the destiny isnt as big as everyone thinks, its only 747 meters long, according to stargate wiki. gblro001 has a scale chart that shows how long the x ships are, and i believe he used the buster which is 20m long to scale eveything as closely as possible. you are right about the turrets though, but gblro001 is working on a new destiny which has a more accurate model and will have more turrets. but both him and me are having problems with plugin manager and which is stopping us getting much further with it.
747 meters long is already quite big...

Edit: I tried to install some ships to AP, however, I couldn't see them (missing textures ?). Is there a way to fix this ?
I had the same problem with a couple of bab-5 ships i installed, for some reason the plugin manager didnt install all the components of the xsp?, i had to use the package creator to extract all the parts from the xsp, then put the missing ones into the appropriate folders in the cat with the ships in(using the x3 editor). If you do have parts missing make sure the editor decompresses them when you transfer them, other wise they still wont show up, as i found out the first time lol.

J.M.

Post by J.M. » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 22:42

as daft as it sounds, i too have had this problem on my laptop, but as they worked on main pc, i put it down to a bug in the version of plugin manager i had installed on my laptop, havnt got round to installing the most recent plugin manager but it might be fixed now.

evilhomer2701
x3tc

Post by evilhomer2701 » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 22:49

it happened with me on version 1.41, which is the the latest version, unless theres one i dont know about?.

joshyp00

Post by joshyp00 » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 01:36

Yeah it stopped loading the textures for mine as well when i tried them in AP the only way i know to fix it is to install all of them into the tships and then extract them which i did for the destiny and i refuse to do again lol took sooooooo long
"Major Marks, Please Make That Ship Go Away."

flopsies

Post by flopsies » Tue, 24. Jul 12, 00:51

I downloaded the Warlock from b5, but now there is no model ingame.

Ook
x3tc

Post by Ook » Tue, 24. Jul 12, 19:43

The latest PM v1.46 fixes these ship install issues.

flopsies

Post by flopsies » Tue, 24. Jul 12, 20:01

where can i find it?

Ook
x3tc

Post by Ook » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 08:04

In the PM sticky thread http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=265915

NB: Several people are reporting issues with PM v1.47, so you may want to avoid 1.47 atm.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Thu, 26. Jul 12, 12:22

hello,
i currently maintain a star wars mod and i was curious about your acclamator model. i know that alot of the same models float around so i wanted to know if there are any bugs ingame with the texture on yours?

shinra123

Post by shinra123 » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 16:33

your downloads are not working. thought you should know.
This is the captain. We have had a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and the- explode.

puddlejumper5000

Post by puddlejumper5000 » Wed, 27. Feb 13, 07:27

please repost the ships. The downloads are not working I downloaded the ships in the past and loved them! I lost them due to harddrive failure. needlest to say I am trying to get then back. It seems people lost intrest in makeing stargate ship. cant wait for stargate to come back around just like startrek did.

for those that are haveing problems with xsp ships working in x3ap here is what i figured out. If you use plugin manager advance to import ships, import them into both x3tc and x3ap. not sure why it works but it has salved all the problems I have had!

If anyone has a copy of these ships especialy destiny please email them to me. thanks email <- Email address ->

I bet you can see I am a stargate fan just by my email lol

{Not a good idea to put your Email address in a public forum, address removed. - Terre}

EdgarWolff
x3tc

Destiny ship

Post by EdgarWolff » Mon, 25. Mar 13, 00:08

hi, could someone help me to get the destiny ship, I really want then and the links are not working.
thank you, fly safe!

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 17:31

I actually have most of the Stargate ships installed on my X3 Reunion game right now (Forgot to get the asgard ones after I first downloaded them.)

I left a message a few weeks back asking how to import installed custom ships that do not uninstall them but import them as you would a regular ship - textures/models and all along with infomation such as name, ingame description etc. I do alot of messing, tweaking about with custom ships in Cycrow's X3:R version of his Xplugin manager as the X3TC/AP version still will not show lists like weapons to use (they only show up as Lasergroup 1,2,3 and so on regardless of the amount of attempts to make them show up as their ingame names.)

Anyway, I really would like to make custom installed ships on my X3:R into XSP ship packages again. I located the core directory where the ships are installed (the Xplugin Manager folder right? where the Xplugin has its own .CAT & .DAT files which are originally used to export ships into the Ship creator?) Did it a few times exporting X3:R XTC ships when I first got X3:TC and wanted the XTM Valhalla instead of the reather pictuliar one Egosoft created.

Anyadvice to make installed custom ships into .XSP again? I did it before but the file only contained the info, no models, textures and was a few bytes large.
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

Tamao

Post by Tamao » Thu, 24. Apr 14, 18:33

Can you reupload the ships because I really want them in my game but all links are dead ...

Lt_Fairace
x3ap

Post by Lt_Fairace » Sat, 24. May 14, 17:07

Hi, Does anyone of you still have the warlock and acclamator? can you send it to me pls/re-upload? :) :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”