EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

X Plugin Manager and SPK Tools for Mac v. 1.21 and AP Bonus Pack How-To (5/4/2012)
View previous topic :: View next topic
icEPiraka

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 15. Aug 12, 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Lemant wrote:
Hello icEPiraka. I'm a Mac user (who happens to be clueless on just about all matters related to coding/software side of things) attempting to run "X3 Editor 2" on my Mac desktop machine via free trial version of CrossOver. To successfully run X3 Editor 2, however, I've been told that I will need something called a "wrapper" and that you are the person to ask.

If you have already created such item for Mac users, please kindly direct me to the link. Thank you.

Luckily for you, I have been following your topic somewhat. After a bit of trouble, I believe I now possess a functional copy of the X3 Editor for the Mac. Once I get permission from the creator and have done some documentation, I will have it up as soon as I can.

Lemant

PostPosted: Fri, 17. Aug 12, 02:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

That's awesome! Thank you, icEPiraka. I look forward to the news.

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Fri, 17. Aug 12, 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

icEPiraka wrote:
I now possess a functional copy of the X3 Editor for the Mac. Once I get permission from the creator ...

According to the X3 Editor web site, it is Open Source.

Bullwinkle's List | Marine Repairs and Training | Mobile Mining Mk2 | Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) | Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (with Video)
icEPiraka

PostPosted: Sat, 18. Aug 12, 06:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

DrBullwinkle wrote:
icEPiraka wrote:
I now possess a functional copy of the X3 Editor for the Mac. Once I get permission from the creator ...

According to the X3 Editor web site, it is Open Source.

Never hurts to be careful.

Anyway guys, I've written a new topic here that should act as a guide for installing mods and as a topic for the X Plugin Manager, so I'm gonna have the mods close this one. Further discusion can go there.

Dredastttarm

PostPosted: Mon, 24. Sep 12, 17:06    Post subject: ugh Reply with quote Print

any more simple way of installing mods? this is an absolute cluster****, I cant get anything to work. Evil or Very Mad maybe if someone could send me their addon and t files with some mods already installed? that would probably be much easier than trying to figure this out.

Edit: more specifically LV's cheat pack and the cockpit mod.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 24. Sep 12, 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

No one will (read is allowed to) send you their addon folder, as they would risk to get their account banned. Now, if you would be a little bit more precisely on what is the part of the installation process that you have problems with, others might be able to help you.

Dredastttarm wrote:
Edit: more specifically LV's cheat pack and the cockpit mod.

LV hasn't made a Cheat pack for X3AP, but for X3R and X2. Scripts written for X3R or X2 won't work without further adjustments in X3TC and AP. So, if you tried to install X3R scripts in X3AP, this is probably the reason, why you can't get anything to work.

Farnhams Legende und Nopileos als E-Books!

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov

"If it's not impossible, there must be a way to do it." - Sir Nicholas Winton
Dredastttarm

PostPosted: Sat, 6. Oct 12, 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ok, so i dont need a cheat pack anyway, i know how to make scripts to do that now, but i still have no idea how to add the cockpit mod. I dont know where to put the files (cat/dat files? or are they other files?) i have no idea how to do this... please help with this.

Andrew Wilde

PostPosted: Tue, 30. Oct 12, 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thought I'd drop this in here for any Mac users not currently eyeing the forum but getting notifications from this thread, just in case anyone might be interested:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=329472

shadowinthesystem

PostPosted: Fri, 22. Feb 13, 21:16    Post subject: Having problems with the Plugin Manager... Reply with quote Print

Not completely confident user of Mods and Scripts especially when running Mac version of X3 Terran Conflict and using this Wineskin to use the Plugin Manager...

...The app launches fine and reads and enables mods fine yet when i try and
launch TC within the plugin manager the App (plugin manager) crashes 100%
of the time, yet if I enable the mod and launch TC on its own the MODS are nowhere to be seen...

probably making a novice error yet if any help possible and anybody is having the same problem id appreciate the feedback...

Not 100% whether people are still on this thread btw

EDIT::: works absolutely fine found where the MODS are, Just simply launching X3 TC as normal from the app works. Although still the issue of occasional crashes... yet the appreciation is there for giving mac users the ability to use mods... Many Thanks for this app...

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Sat, 23. Feb 13, 00:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yeah, you will not be able to launch the app by clicking the button in the Plugin Manager. The button to launch TC in the Plugin Manager will try to run the app inside of the bottle that you made for the Plugin Manager, and that's probably not going to work. Smile

The Plugin Manager does not "finish" its work until you close it. So it is vital that you close the Plugin Manager *before* trying to launch the TC app.

Hope that helps.

Bullwinkle's List | Marine Repairs and Training | Mobile Mining Mk2 | Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) | Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (with Video)
phantomrock2

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 11. Apr 13, 03:29    Post subject: Conflicting Scripts Reply with quote Print

Can I find conflicting scripts with this?

Cherokee05

PostPosted: Fri, 21. Feb 14, 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi, Please can anyone help, I am new to this forum if I have put this message in the wrong place then feel free to steer me in the right direction.
I am playing X3 Reunion at the moment and love it however decided to try and use the plugin Manager that Cycrow created for the pc using crossover and failed. Now I have noticed that he has ported this version for intel macs I use a 2.4 Ghz intel Core Duo running OS 10.5.8.

Do you think this version of the plugin manager will install mods and scripts for X3 R ? and then in the future I can play X3 terran conflict and use it with that !

Cheers

O'Shavah

PostPosted: Mon, 24. Nov 14, 08:49    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

so if i bought my game though steam... where might the file be located?

cm7007

PostPosted: Tue, 30. Dec 14, 03:46    Post subject: Yosemite Reply with quote Print

Hoping someone sees this...Any chance this Plugin Manger will be updated to work with Yosemite? I'm really starting to regret that upgrade to my OS, but too late now... Crying or Very sad

eth0

PostPosted: Sun, 15. Mar 15, 23:48    Post subject: Mediafire woes Reply with quote Print

Is there any chance that someone could mirror the Mac download somewhere other than Mediafire? I've toiled for over an hour trying to download the file that started as a painful +5 hour crawl then just simply stop each time after a minutes :/

Thanks in advance.