x-3 rebirth questions,

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rman88
xr

x-3 rebirth questions,

Post by rman88 » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 01:02

hey long time no see, just wanted to ask, maybe give some ideas that could be effective late game content, first off while i will miss the command consuls i think the way your doing the command system. looks like it could be far better, also hope you can make it far more easy to place stations. as in the other games it was so difficult to make a good looking complex.

anyway first of all, we all know in the end when you have a tone of credits, no more missions to complete, and have a armada at your command picking off whatever pisses you of. there is little to gain besides satisfaction at murdering a entire sector, and if you blow up one sector you blow up them all.

what i would like to see is a late game missions where you try and basically, if you ever seen the episode 1-3 star-wars, you take your mega corp and say ya i want to rule the galaxy. and go to war, not only would that be amazing and super fun, as well as difficult, depending if you cheated or not. it would give you a nice end goal.

as another goal that could be with this mission, is the research and manufacture of your own ships, for example instead of using your fleet of mixed ship, using the best ships form each race, or the same ships which look funny when you attack another race with them, or the same. you would now be able to use your hq or a research station to designed your own cooperation ships, which would require credits as well as good. in there words you are your own fraction without relying on the others for ships. of coarse thou the ships would already be pre made, this ain't sword off the stars, basically be unlocking new ships.

now that would make a amazing end game challenge.

also i am sory for the wall of text.
The Trade Federation shall rise again MWAHHAHAH

frankzappa

Post by frankzappa » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 01:24

Nice :)

This is my main concern too. I still have never played an X game for a long time because I read that it gets boring at the end, you become rich and end up with not much to do. So I always lose motivation. So I like your idea a LOT.

I had some ideas too, firstly for the designers to take inspiration from RPG's and specifically MMORPG's. These games have dealt with this exact problem very well. There is one game in particular (Shards of Dalaya) in which it can take you a real life year of playing to reach the final level and become rich and have great gear - so having plenty to do at that point is really important. In that game they have the following ideas:

1) Charms: These are pieces of equipment that everyone can use and there are lots to choose from, about 25 or something. You can buy them in one of the big cities. At first they are kind of affordable, costing about 50 platinum, but they go up very steeply, to 250, and then 500, then 1500, then 32,000, and then 250,000 etc.. A great idea they had was to add 1 million platinum charms. These things are incredibly powerful and boost all of your stats and give you some really powerful effects, but it gives players something to work towards. Even people who have been playing for years and have reached max level and done almost everything you can do, they now want to start working towards earning a million platinum for these charms. It takes a long time and a lot of effort, but it's nice to be occupied. And once you finally get the charm, you become so powerful that you can do some crazy things :)

2) Treasure Maps: Treasure maps are quite rare and they can be found anywhere. They are made so that they will send you to early areas in the game, so it's always nice to re-visit places you might not have been to for a long time. But once you start digging in the ground where X marks the spot, enemies (ghosts and skeletons etc) start coming out of the ground and you have to survive. It is very challenging. They come in several waves, and if you can survive all the way until the end - you get some really nice gear! This would need to work differently in the X game of course (you can't dig in space), but the same principle could work I think.

3) Raids: This is a staple part of MMORPG's. Once you reach the high levels, players start going to very difficult areas and fighting very difficult enemies, huge dragons and massive cyclopses made out of ice, etc. Unfortunately it requires more effort from the developers than the Treasure Maps and Charms, but still, it's a really nice thing to have if possible. In the game I mentioned above, some of these raids are so difficult that you can't even survive there until you have done lots of other stuff beforehand. So for example in X, there could be a sector filled with extremely powerful enemies, and you die 1 second unless you show up there with a massive armada and one of the best ships in the entire game etc.

Lastly, one of my favourite ideas is what the Space Rangers 2 did. You spend a long time getting richer and richer and fighting your way around the universe. You can fight with space pirates and stuff, but the whole time you play, you are avoiding some really dangerous enemies called The Dominators. But once you finally reach the "end game", and you are really rich and have a great ship, you can finally start taking on the Dominators. They are still very dangerous, but now you can fight them, and you can only control the entire universe once you have defeated them all.

I loved it because I never got bored - because I knew I was working towards something interesting. Even when I was rich and had a good ship, I knew that I would need to be even more rich and have an even better ship if I was to face The Dominators.

So that is my dream. I would love for X Rebirth to have something like this to keep me playing.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 01:38

just a brief work in from me.
Its not X-3 nor X-4 as it is not a direct sequel to Terran Conflict or Reunion.

It's just X-Rebirth with no number.
Meaning it's still set in a place called the X-universe but with major plot changes.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

rman88
xr

Post by rman88 » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 01:39

hey you make alot of good points, thou i am not a fan of waiting a long time to get to the epic battles, last game that took a long time to get to the fun stuff, that was a mmorpg, was aion online, that game not only did you have to grind to level 50, it also took you forever that most people that played it, bought bots because they couldn't stand spending a month, literal time, killing the same mobs over and over. but that just me.

in the end i would like to see this, i seen it done in x-3 reunion for a mod, it was basic, kill the trade station place a trade station, that sector becomes under your command and you get taxes and what not. don't know why no one made it for Terran conflict.

also if they made it less tricky to command the armadas, you can have almost star wars esk battles going on, making it for me like home world 3, a game i am truly wishing they would make.

*edit* i thought the x-3 didn't stand for the number of games produced but for the explore exterminate yada yada.

also random note those who were boting in aion and some that were not. was banned permanently form the game, which was about half there fan base.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 09:38

*edit* i thought the x-3 didn't stand for the number of games produced but for the explore exterminate yada yada.
The X-Trilogy is basically X-BTF ,X2 The Threat,X3 Reunion.

X-Tension was added content to x-btf,but a separate game.

There was going to be an extension for X2,called The Return.But there was so much content that the game engines would not have handled it all very well.
So X3 Reunion was born.

TC is a standalone extension of Reunion.

Hence we have a five-part "trilogy".

Tragos
x2

Post by Tragos » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 12:28

Corporate competitors would be nice with full scale corporation wars that do not have races involved .

Ebonyfly
x3tc

Post by Ebonyfly » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 12:59

I'd like to see Egosoft expand on the idea of custom game starts and have fully-fledged custom game modes.

So, for instance, different game modes might feature ever increasing Khaak or Xenon invasions, interracial wars, corporation wars, vastly increased penalties for piracy etc etc.

rman88
xr

Post by rman88 » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 17:19

different game modes would only affect how the world acts. and would only make gaining money or end game more difficult. while that not a bad idea. its only making the game harder not adding more structure or rewards besides satisfaction for surviving a huge xnon onslaught.

what i want to see is your mega corp become a super power with your own version of ships, and with good voice acting, diplomacy, war, trade, espionage, all of which could be performed. hell even possible to program planet upgrades.

now for a quest to get into the war, would have to be ether after you finished the main story line, or you gain a certain rank, or could always be active, but the main idea for the quest, is to give you a sector you can call the home world, all races have it and some mega corps.so it would be necessary for your mega corp to have a world to be the capital. the start of a grand quest to rule the galaxy

now i don't got a tone of ideas for ether planetary improvements or other things, so wondering if any of you do.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 18:32

Egosoft has to make a way to mark all savedgame as modified if the users do massive exploits.
Custom universe start requires another way to incude at uplink. Im not a "credit" hunter but im dissapointed i can not be seen as a good player in egosoft's eyes. Cant repeat it enough. X3R- 399day unmodified but custom universe start i think worth some recognition. No money or equipment maker exploits. Only few thing that caused by low performance PC
Sometimes the turret commands are at idle even if they have duty. I think this s caused by calculations which freezes the progress
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

rman88
xr

Post by rman88 » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 23:10

well in the end that matter little.. there is nothing to gain for having longest game ever played. and if you had fun playing it, well then it was worth every penny. hell as far as i know there ain't even a easy way to view other players game and you have to actively search it out. but bit of topic, what i would like to focus on is the idea of having a endgame content where the money, ships and goods come together into building a large armada, and see if you have the skill to make a place of your own.

such as your own economy and micro managing it, as such things as ships, weapons, consumers, military and industrial goods. all are required to maintain a war machine, if any of those categories fail, well your doomed.

frankzappa

Post by frankzappa » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 01:49

I like what you said about capturing sectors by destroying the trade stations.

That Space Rangers game I was talking about was a bit like that. There would be dominator controlled sectors and you had to clear them out of enemies which was pretty hard to do. But once they were dead, the sector was liberated and you would hear a little fanfare and then you trade would start there.

It would be nice to have that kind of thing in Rebirth too. And if it just gives you more money, it would be nice if you have something to spend the money on. I always like it when there are some enemies that seem impossible at first, because it gives you some long term goals.

KongRudi
x3tc

Post by KongRudi » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 03:11

I'm pretty sure that you will end up beeing able to capture sectors or system or whatever they call it in the new game.
I think this because the various mods, like Improved races mod, Lazcorp Claim Unknown Sector and a few other race-war mods is amongst the most popular mods in Terran Conflict.

If not, it wil probablyl be there pretty quick after the mod-community get's around to working on Rebirth. :)

Sabrina Bergin
xr

X-Rebirth

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 07:49

I think most players would agree with my view that the biggest gripe about the x3tc game is the hub plot, the requirements to complete it were so vast that by the time you completed it and got your phq there was nothing left to do in the game. ie all plots completed all corporation missions completed the only tasks left being random missions for stations etc.
I know the designers felt that by making the hq hard to get they were trying to balance the game but i feel they went way to far, having a phq about half way into the game would have made the game more interesting as then you would have to develop significant rescources to build your fleets etc. To balance this I would have considered an enemy whoose appearance is trggered by the arrival of your phq. For this we could have had a resurgent Khaak they are xenophobes, they have a grudge and no true xenophobe would tolerate being kept from the object of its ire.

rman88
xr

Post by rman88 » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 09:38

you are correct. there, this subplot or end game content of trying to take a feet and invaded a sector clamming it for your own and pissing of everyone in the universe because you are the new threat to peace. irony of this is hey i am done trying to save the universe now i want to rule it. but i think we all fail to realize the economical requirement for such a task. . not only would you lose all ability to gain goods form those you pissed off. as well as others, most races don't enjoy random corporations deciding they deserve to have a slice of the universe.

you would come under increasing attacks, ranging form scouting, to full blone invasions. to the point that your tiny armada would crumble if not properly manage. why having a good economy is key to wining the end game. if you are not producing weapons, materials, food, energy, ore, ect. in large enough quantities. you will suffer being unable to produce enough ships to meet the demand of your war effort.

having the hq, early would be nice as it is your home base.. not only theatrically you can perform research, unlocking your own cooperation versions of ships. even custom ones, or improved ones. and thus your competitors can unlock stronger ships as well. letting you have your own arms races. as well as specialize in your own ships depending on the way you like to play. but that just a idea. as i am not a fan of seeing the same ships kill each other.

rrfarmer
x4

Post by rrfarmer » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 15:17

rman88 wrote:hey you make alot of good points, thou i am not a fan of waiting a long time to get to the epic battles, last game that took a long time to get to the fun stuff, that was a mmorpg, was aion online, that game not only did you have to grind to level 50, it also took you forever that most people that played it, bought bots because they couldn't stand spending a month, literal time, killing the same mobs over and over. but that just me.

in the end i would like to see this, i seen it done in x-3 reunion for a mod, it was basic, kill the trade station place a trade station, that sector becomes under your command and you get taxes and what not. don't know why no one made it for Terran conflict.

also if they made it less tricky to command the armadas, you can have almost star wars esk battles going on, making it for me like home world 3, a game i am truly wishing they would make.

also random note those who were boting in aion and some that were not. was banned permanently form the game, which was about half there fan base.
You just don't have patience. Oh wait, I don't either cause I still play Asmo-Israphel, and I bot 24/7. hahahahahahaha. But it's for money, not for leveling. Not all the bots got banned. Just most of the free or crappy ones from the Koreans.

I let Aion bot on one computer, then play x3tc on another.

rman88
xr

Post by rman88 » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 20:34

umm do you realize that in aion to get max level you are required to kill over 580,000,000 mobs. i am not joking. also note this was when it just came out. you stop gaining quest at around level 30. max is 50 if i renumber correctly. the only way to gain levels afterwords. is to kill mobs. over and over and over and over and over. and you don't need a few thousand ex. you needed millions. i think level 50 was around 90 million xp. and most mobs give around 50 or 60 xp.

x3 cannot even compared to the farm fest that is aion.

*edit* o ya didn't make it clear they didn't use it to farm materials or fly around mining. they used it to kill monsters 24/7 so they can go raid. which ain't bad unless you enjoy mind numbing killing the same things over and over and over. with everyone else in the server.
Last edited by rman88 on Thu, 8. Sep 11, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

rrfarmer
x4

Post by rrfarmer » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 20:38

nah, now aion is lvl 55 max, and people level up way too fast! the quests literally never run out.
I never played at launch, i picked it up in v2.0.

but yes, x3tc is still way more of a grind even though aion now has up to tripple xp gain and unlimited quests. oh but at level 30 you get like 10k xp, not 30. that's lvl 1 stuff. at lvl 50 you are getting about 50k up to 500k per kill. so the 140m xp you need is still a ton, but to go from 45 to 50 still only would take a week or two.

rman88
xr

Post by rman88 » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 20:41

ya i expected they fixed that. i played it first day it came out. it was half finished. i played it for a week as the tanking class. and then went and said screw it. least wow is entertaining to play and don't take 2 months to level. but i think were off the topic a bit.

rrfarmer
x4

Post by rrfarmer » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 20:58

lol. yeah.

but I just restarted an x3tc game this week and it's reminding me of how it is to play the game with only 1000 credits! it takes a few days to gain momentum.

but there are a ton of parallels we could draw between x3tc or other x series games and MMOs.

rman88
xr

Post by rman88 » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 20:58

hear is a idea for a for a quest. like a hub but opens you to the art of taking over the universe. as of coarse not everything should be unlocked at the start. why you may ask. think about it would your little m 5 scout craft you start with be good enough to take on the universe. no.

this would take place after the main quest. a quest i am thinking ends.. well no happy ending maybe you do something that pisses off everyone. and take heavy penlites to fraction relations. as well as having you try and escape the people you were once allied with. a friend who is your only allied yet guides you to a system avoiding the foes that want to blow you out of the sky and you hide in a hidden unknown sector. he bring your your hq. then the guy teaches you how to manage your own space empire, also taking about economics, diplomacy, research, and of coarse war. what you do after that is up to you. do you take your revenge on the universe and take it for yourself. or do you try and make peace with your foes. its up to you.

*edit* i know thing is thou i always have problems finding a spot to start out with. and a race to use as my own ships.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”