[SCR][TC+AP] Hephaistos Corp. Station building service (beta 0.73) [Update: 06.01.17]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 23:44

Figge04 wrote:This script is pretty neat,
Thanks. I'm glad that you like it.
Figge04 wrote:im just thinking out loud, would you be able to do this with Ships?
I'm currently not actively scripting for X3TC/AP. There are other scripts, which allow ordering and equipping ships more easily though.

Reflexer's Ship Order Manager. Unfortunately it just has a German topic, but it contains an english text file. Not sure, if the manual is translated or not.
Marvelous3175's Yalamandis Corp. ship construction.

There might be more, but I remember those two as being pretty good.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Figge04
x4

Post by Figge04 » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 17:07

Thanks, I'll give em a try
cheers

RayF

Post by RayF » Mon, 31. Mar 14, 14:55

one question guys,
can i use my own TLs with this script??

Zaknafein
xr

Post by Zaknafein » Mon, 31. Mar 14, 15:37

no.
Ofc ***modified***, modders doing what Egosoft cant.

Saturn V

Post by Saturn V » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 12:43

So I have to drag the station to where I want using tractor beam on my own after Hephaistos Corp. finished his job?

I hope there's an option that allow me telling Hephaistos Corp. "I want to build on my own after the delivery". This is good to me and can save the construction cost of Hephaistos Corp. too, what a win win!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 26. Oct 14, 18:19

The Hephaistos Corp. builds the station in a square or cube, whereby the build location you are asked for, is the lower left corner. It cannot connect the stations to a complex via Complex Construction Kits. So if you don't like the location of your stations you can tow them elsewhere using a tractor beam, once they have been built.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 14. Nov 14, 22:24

This script are great i use them with XRM, but with Litcube Universe is incompatible, unfortunately :(

whiteraider
x3tc

Post by whiteraider » Thu, 8. Jan 15, 22:48

X3TC - & V0.72 of the script
Recently downloaded and tried the script out, all was fine until I decided to make a Point Singularity Projector (15) & Shockwave Starburst Canon (10) & it's food support complex.
When I found the the weapons fabs all collide with the others of the same type, the food fabs are placed fine.
Managed to connect it up, eventually, 13 fabs at a time by waiting OOS for shields to recover ...

What do I need to look at to get Terran fabs placed further apart?
Bring back the TS Pirate Ship, I miss my liberated fleet runing around the universe :twisted:
Maybe a fleet of liberated Pirate Ship Super Freighters :roll:

"Priests Dukes Compliments... Here is ship!"
"Teladi now show you how to fight... Ship all yours! Dont kill Teladi!"

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 15:15

I can only guess that the station sizes in the text file for these stations are either not correct or not present at all.

whiteraider
x3tc

Post by whiteraider » Mon, 19. Jan 15, 17:59

I think I've found the issue, at least I've build the Osaka supply chain.

I think it was part of the Terran Revitalisation Project, the 'fake patch' that added stations, removing it fixed the issue!
Bring back the TS Pirate Ship, I miss my liberated fleet runing around the universe :twisted:
Maybe a fleet of liberated Pirate Ship Super Freighters :roll:

"Priests Dukes Compliments... Here is ship!"
"Teladi now show you how to fight... Ship all yours! Dont kill Teladi!"

rrfarmer
x4

Post by rrfarmer » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 06:23

Any idea when the update will be included in the signed pack?

My current game just got killed because of the Terran jump beacon thing. Kinda sucks.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 11:28

rrfarmer wrote:Any idea when the update will be included in the signed pack?
Short Answer: Never.

Long Answer: It's very unlikely that there will be an update to the BP. If Egosoft releases another patch for X3TC/X3AP and my time permits it, I may try to get an updated version signed. But that includes a lot of ifs and whens.

For this very unlikely case, there's already an unsigned test version available in the BP topic (linked in the known problems and workarounds section). If you want, you can try and report back whether that version fixes your bug. That way I at least know, whether the bug is fixed already or if a have to put more work into that version.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 6. Jan 17, 19:05

Update - beta 0.73
  • - Fixed small errors in text file
    - Added missing station sizes of stations added with X3AP Update 3.0
    - Added check for text file version to setup script, so that station sizes can be added(changed) more easily

Four and a half years after the last update, version 0.73 finally answers the question of which version to install to get the latest Hephaistos Corp version.
The most relevant change is the addition of yet missing station sizes of the few Terran stations, which were added with update X3AP 3.0. These include:

Code: Select all

Food Preparation Facility M 
Food Preparation Facility L 
Matter/Anti-Matter Warhead Production Fab 
Hull Plating Production Facility 
Matter/Anti-Matter Mine Fab 
EMP Rifle Assembly Facility 
Spectre Missile Manufacturing Facility 
Ghoul Missile Manufacturing Plant 
Vita Kai Production Plant M 
Vita Kai Production Plant L 
Flavour Pack Production Facility M 
Flavour Pack Production Facilities L 
I also used this update to fix some small text errors, and to add a version number to the textfile, which is checked for in the setup script. This allows you to change or add station sizes. After you made your changes, increase the version number in text id 50000 (currently 730 for beta 0.73), and save the text file. When you start/load the game the new station sizes will be loaded and used by the Hephaistos Corp in the next order process.

Dreez
x4

Returning player questions: Hephasto mod.

Post by Dreez » Sat, 4. Feb 17, 08:57

I loved designing and building huge complexes that were symetrically flawless
and i paid close attention to the placement of each station, but since i haven't played X3:TC since 2010
i can't really recall the name of the mod that allowed me to build them.

So i've now looked up the Hephasto-mod for building complexes but there is very little
information how HOW this mod actully works, so hopefully some of you veterans
still playing the game and using this mod can answer these following questions.

1) Will i be able to actually design the complex myself or will the mod just rabble everything up?

2) Will i be able to pick stationtypes myself ? Or will the mod just pick any
type of factory on a whim?. Using small or medium Solarplants instead of Large for example.

3) Will i be able to pick the location of the complex and its dockingbay?.
(My complexes were mostly placed far above gates with the dockingbay
about 15km below/above the gate depending on complex position.

4) Is there any video or other information that is visually helpful in describing how this mod works?.

Thanks in advance. I'm currently reinstalling from my DVD, eagerly avaiting
my first Free-to-play campaign in almost 6 years.
I figure i'll own a Split Tiger by tonight... :twisted: .
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 4. Feb 17, 11:20

Please always ask questions about a script or mod in its dedicated topic.

***merged***

The majority of your questions should be answered when reading the readme or opening post of this thread. One misconception you seem to have is that the Hephaistos Corp. builds a complex, while in reality it is just a station delivery service. That means you have to still connect the stations with complex construction kits yourself and thus also have to place the complex hub. As for the placement of the stations, the stations will be placed in a cube (or cubic form). The coordinates you select within the order process will mark the lower left front corner of the complex, where the first station will be built. Depending on their station sizes the stations will then be placed in rows to the right of the first station (+x coordinate), behind the first station (+z) and above the first station (+y). This will work the best with stations of the same or similar sizes and an overall amount (8, 27, 64 etc.), which has a natural number (2, 3, 4 etc.) as its cubic root. Solar power plants will be placed above each other and behind the rest of the stations, once they have been placed. You can still move the stations, as usual, with a ship and a tractor beam, after they have been built. Although this, of course, can take quite a while.

If you want more freedom while placing the stations or want to move them easier to the position you want them at, I suggest having a look at Dusty's Factory Complex Constructor.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Sat, 4. Feb 17, 12:56

Thanks, that's the one i recall using the last time i played, worked well with
a little more time required to build stations, but that didn't bother me.

A final question. Do i need to install that "mod manager" thing or
do i just install these mods in the X3:TC directive folder?.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 4. Feb 17, 14:38

The archive is a .zip file, which can be extracted into the X3 Terran Conflict installation directory. It doesn't require the Plugin Manager.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”