TC vs. Rebirth?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Will you still play Terran Conflict while/after you play Rebirth?

I'll play it while I play Rebirth (hardcore X gamer)
23%
I'll play it after I play Rebirth (replay value and fun stuff)
21%
I'll ditch TC and play Rebirth all the time (highly doubt that, but hey)
42%
I'm going to play them all in order cuz I'm that awesome
14%

Total votes: 81

kizito
xr

TC vs. Rebirth?

Post by kizito » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 09:29

Obviously once Rebirth comes out people are going to play it, but I'm curious to know how many people will still play TC once it comes out, this could be while you play Rebirth, or afterward. I know once I get my hands on Rebirth I'll still play TC, but what about the rest of the community :?:

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 09:51

if i don't win it i'll buy it when it comes out
but i've set myself to owning the other games
for my vanilla games
TC all plots done, trade and fight at Xtream a few corps left to finish and about 200+ ships left to RE
so while that's going on the lap top i started and finished X-bF
didn't play X-tension
X2 plot finished and for stats upload i plan to have a triple SPP loop every
third sector with factories to supply all secondary resources needed for one jump then if it still needs doing trade and fight to Xtream
then the same for X3r
then when that's all done baring a patch that adds a new plot or steam achievements i'll open my X-rebirth and find i can't play it cos my PC is old and crap
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

hawat
x4

Post by hawat » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 10:09

That's probably something that can be answered only after actually playing the game, I got bad surprise with dragon age 2, mass effect 2 already.

kizito
xr

Post by kizito » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 10:16

hawat wrote:That's probably something that can be answered only after actually playing the game, I got bad surprise with dragon age 2, mass effect 2 already.
I have to say its safe to assume EGOSOFT will come out with something awesome either way, there will always be stuff people don't like, but once you suck it up and play the game, you find you like it.

Probly gonna have some fun and build a fleet to invade Argon Prime, mainly to fight the Argon One.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 10:53

That's probably something that can be answered only after actually playing the game
Can't decide until I see the game and how it runs on my rig.

DrATty
x3tc

Post by DrATty » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 11:12

I suppose whether I play it at all will depend on the PC needed. If I need quad-SLI, 20 cores and 4Tb RAM, probably not.
There'll probably be a compilation box set just as I buy a new PC. I'd buy that because I need a new X2 disk anyway. I thinks it's worn out. I play all of the X-Universe games on and off.
My Blog
My Forum

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 12:09

Depends on how moddable XRB turns out to be. If the new script engine is a convoluted mess like the MD, that would put a damper on my enthusiasm.
As for the poll:

[X] No idea.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 13:07

My answer:

I'm going to keep playing TC because I've discovered it recently. I'm going to monitor rebirth on forum and on YT and listen what people have to say, just of curiosity. After several patches (and especially if steam offers some action price : ), of course i'm gonna buy it.

breytac
x4

Post by breytac » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 13:38

I'll probably play it just to see what it's like and how it's different from TC. Especially if some of the scripts/mods are already in the game on release.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 14:52

I'll play 'em both. It sounds like Rebirth will be suitably different to the other X games that it's worth playing (read: trying to use the tricks that work in TC then raging when they don't work :lol: ) it while I play the more familiar TC.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 15:27

Same as Gazz. More moddable the game is the longer I will "play it". I haven't really played TC since a few weeks after it came out, but no doubt I will still be making things for it for people to enjoy for at least a little while after X-R is out.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 15:35

A couple years ago, The Sims 3 was The Next Big Thing from EA. At first I was extremely excited about it and it was on my must buy list. As time came closer to it's release and more information became available, my excitement waned considerably to the point that I'd wait and see what the initial reactions were. Best decision I made at that time since the game was over hyped and in my opinion a total bust. Yet another successful game dumbed down for the new release, not unlike Sim City -> Sim Societies.

So, buy the time Rebirth is released, I'll be playing something. Maybe X3TC still, maybe TS2 or Railroad Tycoon, maybe back into EQ2 or GW. Maybe even Rebirth.

Callidus Thorn
x3tc

Post by Callidus Thorn » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 20:27

Really the poll should have a "might not get Rebirth" option, which pretty much covers my thoughts at the moment. Just not enough info available yet.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 20:33

This poll would make more sense after Rebirth is released, since none of us has a clue how much fun and involving it's going to be. At this point, I'd have to go with the nonexistent option of 'undetermined'. :P

Have to say, though, that if Rebirth is as drastically different from TC as it seems, then TC will stay on my hard drive for a long time (along with Reunion, X2, X-T and X-BTF). :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 20:54

Unless Rebirth ships as a non-functional, unplayable, multi-gigabyte virus I'll most likely ditch both the X3 games shortly after release. Keep the games installed and saves hanging around, but hardly play them at all.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

kizito
xr

Post by kizito » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 21:25

Awesome thanks for all the replies, I realized just after I posted I should have added a "Not sure" option to the poll, but I think the poll does have some value, simply because of peoples answers, I think its interesting how many people said they'd ditch TC, I honestly didn't think anyone would vote for that. Personally, even if Rebirth isn't as fun as TC I'd still play both.

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Sat, 3. Sep 11, 00:19

Depends on how radically different it is from Terran Conflict. If it's entirely improvements (Reunion ---> TC), I'll probably drop TC entirely. If the gameplay is totally different (It's shaping up and looking like a cross of Freelancer and TC, which is okay with me :) ), I'll probably still play a bit of TC.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 3. Sep 11, 01:48

I will play with Reunion for sure. Argon one is flying 10500 hour !!! now :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

SirCharles
x3tc

Post by SirCharles » Sat, 3. Sep 11, 03:20

from the news I have seen so far, I might wait on rebirth. although I understand the need to make it different, I am not sure how I feel about some of the changes. The biggest thing will be system requirements though. I just upgraded my system to a dual core and went with windows 7 64 bit. If my system cant run the new game, or only run it slowly with everything turned down to minimum, I will probly wait a few years at least so that I can upgrade again. I finally have a system that can run x3tc with the default settings. Before the upgrade, I had everything turned down to the minimum and turned off aa and af.

kizito
xr

Post by kizito » Sat, 3. Sep 11, 08:25

Yeah, my old computer wasn't good for TC, I had everything on low and off if I could and it still was slow, so I went with a comp that would be able to play games for a few years to come.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”