[X3TC] So... the Hyperion Vanguard

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rwhiteruff
x3tc

[X3TC] So... the Hyperion Vanguard

Post by rwhiteruff » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 01:51

I've heard this is the best player ship to get, hands down. I've got tons of money in the bank (over half a billion cr from nividium ops in KE), but not a lot of ships or weapons. Basically just a TM and a handful of argon scouts, plus an M3 Nova Vanguard.

What should I do to grab one of these sexy, sexy ships in vanilla? Is there an easiest path to glory? School me. I know nothing.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 02:24

Buy M7M, 20 marines with good fight skill and train them, first in training courses then in combat (boarding TLs). Than search around Paranid space and steal your own Hyperion. :mrgreen:

Mezmorki

Post by Mezmorki » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 04:13

I captured a Hyperion Vanguard as my first capture attempt ever. :o

I used a Skiron M6 (OTAS) with five marines + spacewalking. Took a few tries to get all 5 marines to reach the hull successfully. Once inside it likewise took a few re-tries for them to make it to the core.

It's been an excellent player ship.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Hype

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 04:28

In another Game Start, you can get an overturned Hype. The regular Hype is just fine. But the overtuned one.... Mine does 230 speed. Other pilots have even more speed. That is on a well armed ship (8 CIGS), with 5 x 200 MJ shields, and room for 2 in the hangar bay.

Many pilots do the Poisoned Paranid start to get this great player ship.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

rwhiteruff
x3tc

Post by rwhiteruff » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 04:35

I'm not really good on frenetic resource management during combat, and not great at combat either (maybe after I get my PC upgrade). What's the recommendation for boarding tactics and fleet loadout? What kind of M7M? Should I be using boarding pods? Can I do this OOS or do I need to be nuzzling the victim the whole time? How do I train marines in combat without pissing off one or more of the races?

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 06:17

rwhiteruff wrote:I'm not really good on frenetic resource management during combat, and not great at combat either (maybe after I get my PC upgrade). What's the recommendation for boarding tactics and fleet loadout? What kind of M7M? Should I be using boarding pods? Can I do this OOS or do I need to be nuzzling the victim the whole time? How do I train marines in combat without pissing off one or more of the races?
Tactics: Get in a M7M (Cobra preferably..) Stand back about 20km, and fire enough hammers/flails to knock out about 90% of its shields. Now turn and start running, it can catch up, but it will take AWHILE.. Now spam flails about one every few seconds to keep the recharge down (most likely alot less.. been awhile since my last m6 op) When shields drop below 5%, fire one flail, your pods, followed by two or three flails again. The flails should cover your pods, and keep the shields down.. Advice, make sure you only have 5 marines onboard your m7m, to make sure you dont have to pick them up after

As for training your marines, Take a bunch of return ship missions, and go and board a ownerless M7/M6/TL/TM

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 07:24

Do some reading first:

capping, stealing, boarding and carjacking guide

Illustrated guide to boarding a Boreas with M7M

Your Very First Boarding Operation

M7M is highly recommended, it will save you time and nerves. Few tricks: 6 marines, not five, load 5 boarding pods and launch them via missile barrage. This way only 2 of them will be filled with marines, rest will be empty decoys. You will pick up "excess" marine (if he survives) from the space later. Save on every deck.

shea
x4

Post by shea » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 15:26

Where can i buy this ship?

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 15:37

shea wrote:Where can i buy this ship?
You cannot buy the Hyperion Vanguard, you have to steal it.

Unless you do the poisoned Paranid gamestart, in which I think you are given one at some point.....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”