EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish
Log inRegister
 
[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1826, 1827, 1828, 1829, 1830  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
zwierzu





Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 129 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 9. Apr 18, 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Heya, I'd like to ask a question about modifying existing XRM weapons with X3editor2.
I was thinking about editing some of the big guns for capital ships like Photon Pulse Cannon and doubling their bullet speed. Caps weapons are too slow for me and I'd like to try something new.

Anyone tried something like that?
In your opinion is it worth it? Or it would hurt game balance too much?
I'm curious about your opinions before I'll mess my game up Wink
Any input would be appreciated!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lone Machete





Joined: 03 Dec 2017
Posts: 27 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 9. Apr 18, 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If i want to add the xrm weapon files to LU to make these egg throwers i have to use in LU more useful is there a way to achieve this?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SirNukes





Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Posts: 182 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 9. Apr 18, 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

zwierzu wrote:
Anyone tried something like that?
In your opinion is it worth it? Or it would hurt game balance too much?

I suggest trying it and seeing how it works out. My own copy of xrm is super heavily modified using the tool in my sig, which is aimed at making stuff like this easy to tweak to get balance just right. When doing it manually, keep in mind that bullet speed * lifetime determines range, so if you want to keep range constant then you will need to reduce lifetime.

Other capital weapons include various beams (instant hit) and gauss cannons (already 5x faster than PPC), so I don't really see your change upsetting balance much, and might improve it by making non-Teladi capitals more appealing.


_________________
Author of X3 Customizer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zwierzu





Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 129 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 9. Apr 18, 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Quote:
I suggest trying it and seeing how it works out. My own copy of xrm is super heavily modified using the tool in my sig, which is aimed at making stuff like this easy to tweak to get balance just right. When doing it manually, keep in mind that bullet speed * lifetime determines range, so if you want to keep range constant then you will need to reduce lifetime.

Other capital weapons include various beams (instant hit) and gauss cannons (already 5x faster than PPC), so I don't really see your change upsetting balance much, and might improve it by making non-Teladi capitals more appealing.


I did exactly just that - doubled the heavy weapons' speed and reduced lifetime by half.
It doesn't make PPC as fast as Gauss, but now at least it's not that damn slow and easy to dodge.
I will try your tool. Thank you Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackArchon





Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Posts: 932 on topic
Location: Germany
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 9. Apr 18, 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

zwierzu wrote:
Heya, I'd like to ask a question about modifying existing XRM weapons with X3editor2.
I was thinking about editing some of the big guns for capital ships like Photon Pulse Cannon and doubling their bullet speed. Caps weapons are too slow for me and I'd like to try something new.

Anyone tried something like that?
In your opinion is it worth it? Or it would hurt game balance too much?
I'm curious about your opinions before I'll mess my game up Wink
Any input would be appreciated!
You may want to have a look at this: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=391855


_________________
All ships, weapons, missiles and more for XRM, LU, AP 3.1 and TC 3.2
[X3LU] Modifications (audio, visual, gameplay)
[XRM] CPP - combat performance patch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zwierzu





Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 129 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 10. Apr 18, 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have one more question if you don't mind.
Is it possible to change Gauss Cannon trail colour?
Default one is kinda meh, I was thinking about giving it a little more flavour like bright blue tint.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackArchon





Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Posts: 932 on topic
Location: Germany
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 10. Apr 18, 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Of course it is possible. You may want to edit the Gauss Cannon's entry in TBullets.txt, it should be the "Trail effect".


_________________
All ships, weapons, missiles and more for XRM, LU, AP 3.1 and TC 3.2
[X3LU] Modifications (audio, visual, gameplay)
[XRM] CPP - combat performance patch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zwierzu





Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 129 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 10. Apr 18, 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thank you, but could you please give me one more hint?
What are the numbers corresponding to different colors?
Is there some kind of resource or thread I can read about it?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackArchon





Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Posts: 932 on topic
Location: Germany
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 10. Apr 18, 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The "Trail effect" number of a bullet in types\TBullets.txt is the index number for the file types\Effects.txt. With the help of "X3 Editor 2", you can change the parameters of this effect. This Effects.txt entry should then reference a body file which can be found in the objects directory - this should be the real graphical effect. I'm sorry, that's the end of my knowledge about weapon effects, I don't have digged deeper into this issue.

You can find some infos in the Argonopedia, for example here: http://www.argonopedia.org/wiki/TBullets.txt_(X3)
But beware, the information there is sometimes outdated and only for X3 Reunion. Often you won't find data of the new Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude versions of the described files, but the X3 Editor 2 can help you here - at least for some files. There is quite a bit of try and error involved in understanding the poorly documented X3 internals. Sad


_________________
All ships, weapons, missiles and more for XRM, LU, AP 3.1 and TC 3.2
[X3LU] Modifications (audio, visual, gameplay)
[XRM] CPP - combat performance patch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
azzadawg





Joined: 04 Mar 2018



PostPosted: Tue, 17. Apr 18, 08:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hey, wondering if there's a simple fix for the following... I can't for the life of me get the heavily armed TPs to show up. For example, I found the Tships entry for the Argon Phantom, the Split Mantis is present in Tships, but none of them show up. I've reinstalled X3tc and XRM more times than I care to count, but it's always the same. When I cheat the phantom in, it has the readtext name and no body. Another that has no body is the Boron Hammerhead. I've Googled the hell out of this and it seems I'm not alone, but nothing I found pointed to a solution. I've trawled through dozens of pages in this thread as well without luck. Most of the new ships are present, just a few specific ones are having problems. I have no other ship adding mods, if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome!

Cheers!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackArchon





Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Posts: 932 on topic
Location: Germany
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 17. Apr 18, 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Your XRM installation is broken if these ships don't have a body. Reinstall it and follow the instructions on the first post carefully.


_________________
All ships, weapons, missiles and more for XRM, LU, AP 3.1 and TC 3.2
[X3LU] Modifications (audio, visual, gameplay)
[XRM] CPP - combat performance patch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
azzadawg





Joined: 04 Mar 2018



PostPosted: Sun, 22. Apr 18, 00:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

FINALLY! Tried for the umpteenth time to clean install the TC version, followed the instructions to the letter... still no on those same ships. Tried something a bit different this time though, I also installed the AP version (to the letter), and opened the VFS with Cycrow's Package Creator (had tried that with the TC version with no luck) and voila! All the missing ships were there. Made .xspS out of the missing ships, installed them to TC via Plugin Manager... WORKING!

Just thought I'd share that for anyone else that comes across the problem Very Happy

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keo



MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Posts: 441 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 26. Apr 18, 02:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

HELLO ALL, come to play x3 after some year brake and look into this fantastic mod but now after some day gameplay i have performance issue, what could be? anyone have same problem and know ho to ride off?


_________________
Finalmente un Q .....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pr0wler





Joined: 16 Nov 2008
Posts: 133 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 26. Apr 18, 08:55    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

keo wrote:
HELLO ALL, come to play x3 after some year brake and look into this fantastic mod but now after some day gameplay i have performance issue, what could be? anyone have same problem and know ho to ride off?


What other mods are you using? XRM itself does have impact on game performance after a while, but it shouldn't be that bad. Some other mods and scripts can make it much worse though.
E.g. I had problems with Improved Races, Marine Training and Repairs (when I had marines on many ships), Trade Overview and some trading scripts (when I had 25-30+ traders).

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keo



MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Posts: 441 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 26. Apr 18, 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Pr0wler wrote:
keo wrote:
HELLO ALL, come to play x3 after some year brake and look into this fantastic mod but now after some day gameplay i have performance issue, what could be? anyone have same problem and know ho to ride off?


What other mods are you using? XRM itself does have impact on game performance after a while, but it shouldn't be that bad. Some other mods and scripts can make it much worse though.
E.g. I had problems with Improved Races, Marine Training and Repairs (when I had marines on many ships), Trade Overview and some trading scripts (when I had 25-30+ traders).


Yes you right, i'm using mars on some ship then marine repairs and codea too

this is my full list of scripts:

Mars
ComunityPluginConfiguration v1.51
Ware Manager v1.10
factory complex constructor 4.02 plus
Logain industries Cseg v2 12.9.2010
Marine Repairs v214 2015-01-01
Super Tractor
Detector v1.18
Mobile Mining mk2 1.05
X3ap Bonus pack
Explorer command extension v1.22+deploy sat
Global Friend Foe
NPC bailed colored
JSONparserlibrary
SalvageCommandNPC v1.5
SalvageClaimSoftware
codea+military transport+libraries+personal salaries

sure there is something that required alot of cpu and i dont need, wich ? =D


_________________
Finalmente un Q .....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1826, 1827, 1828, 1829, 1830  Next
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
Control Panel
Login Data
The time now is Wed, 22. Aug 18, 07:50

All times are GMT + 2 Hours

[ Disclaimer / Impressum ] | [ Privacy Policy / Datenschutz ]

Board Security

Copyright © EGOSOFT 1989-2018
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Template created by Avatar & BurnIt!
Debug: page generation = 0.33999 seconds, sql queries = 29