[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 11:58

well you could help the scratch by working on xrm further. Firstly X4 will be most likely be a casual game instead of a simulation, secondly it will take time to add a similar amount of content with dlcs, i mean X3AP was basically about 4 games in 1 Package.

So make XRM great again :wink: It could use some real dedication like adding options to adjust enemy spawnrate (its really high) or a possibility to add software onto PAR ships.. But thank you anyways, im greatly enjoying X3 thanks to your effort. Vanilla AP was pure garbage (keywords: Terran economy, weapon balancing, too few ship yards, lacking satisfaction for fighting...) and I'm amazed how you made it nicely playable.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 15:26

Mizuchi wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:While you are here, do you got any plans or ideas for a further development of XRM? :)
I've been out of the X3 game (literally!) for the better part of a decade, and Paul said that that was heavily into his music these days.

I think whatever the most "recent" version was is probably the final version.

My input had mostly stopped before that version, too (I moved to Japan).

It is what it is, and I'm just amazed (and happy) that people are still getting enjoyment from it.
I have expected such an answer - anyway, many thanks for creating XRM! You have created many hundreds of hours of joy playing XRM for me, and still counting! :)

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 17:57

Welcome back after five years :)
Yeah, XRM is doing well and looks like the mod will do well in future years as well. Despite its name - X4 is tech/wise a directly continuation of Rebirth so... My enthusiasm towards this title also dropped after they revealed the lack of a second race - the Split. I mean how can you skip two most exciting races the Boron and the Split? X3 has its own uniqueness and XRM even adds more to this uniqueness. When I look at the ships in X4 they look so generic almost like in other games, where is the flavor?
Anyways it would be really awesome if you guys could do something extra for the mod.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 20:16

Lone Machete wrote:It could use some real dedication like adding options to adjust enemy spawnrate (its really high) or a possibility to add software onto PAR ships..
My customizer tool has options for those, if you are inclined to take the time to set it up. Personally, I have respawn timers doubled plus an extra 15 minutes, and the number of khaak invasion groups cut by up to 80%. There is also an option for adding equipment to ships, and a wrapper could be stuck on that to filter for PAR ships instead of listing them all out manually.

O'Shavah
x3ap

Post by O'Shavah » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 07:09

haven't played this game in several years, am I to assume this mod will only work with X3 AP 3.1 or will it work with the latest version, X3 AP 3.2? just curious cause I've noticed a few weird things. not sure if it was poop install on my part or if it's cause i'm using 3X AP 3.2... which I guess would still be a poop install on my part haha. the only other mods I've used are the ones recommended on this page plus the ones in the 'addon' folder of cycrow's plugin manager. should I be adding the recommended mods manually or can i use the plugin manager like I have been. I know I have to install 'Bounce' manually and been checking the others as well just be sure.

list of issues I've noticed:
- some terran shipyards are named "Argon Federal Shipyard"
- ATF usuing mammoths
- terrans using split asps
- no terran/argon "border friction"
- rapid response ship spawning as hostile to me while dealing with a NPC a 'threat" (which i spawned in for testing purposes due to above) even though I had high reputation with them

at home I would just simply remove and try this on my own, but I stupidly forgot to make a backup of the original X3 AP files and i'm visiting the in-laws over the holidays and there internet has low "data cap" and i was told not to download things. plus their internet is super super super super crazy slow.... like took me over night to download it the first time!! i have fibre at home so i might be a little spoiled.

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 08:11

O'Shavah wrote: list of issues I've noticed:
- some terran shipyards are named "Argon Federal Shipyard"
- ATF usuing mammoths
- terrans using split asps
- no terran/argon "border friction"
- rapid response ship spawning as hostile to me while dealing with a NPC a 'threat" (which i spawned in for testing purposes due to above) even though I had high reputation with them
Sounds like a corrupt installation to me. I'm playing XRM on the latest AP version and it works fine. Maybe you should try to install it again, going through the installation manual 1 by 1 since I can imagine, that you missed the part where you should add some files into the X3 TC folder and the rest into the addon (=AP) folder. If you are on the way to install the game again, i highly recommend you to get the complex cleaner mod and install the files on a lower number than XRM to make it work.

Thanks for the tipps with the respawn rate and the PAR equipement, I'll give it a look.

O'Shavah
x3ap

Post by O'Shavah » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 08:24

Thanks Lone Machete.... i'm settling in for an 8 hour download sooooooo painful haha

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 12:51

SirNukes wrote:
Lone Machete wrote:It could use some real dedication like adding options to adjust enemy spawnrate (its really high) or a possibility to add software onto PAR ships..
My customizer tool has options for those, if you are inclined to take the time to set it up. Personally, I have respawn timers doubled plus an extra 15 minutes, and the number of khaak invasion groups cut by up to 80%. There is also an option for adding equipment to ships, and a wrapper could be stuck on that to filter for PAR ships instead of listing them all out manually.
I left you a note on the topic regarding your customizer. Many thanks for the hint 'thou.

O'Shavah
x3ap

Post by O'Shavah » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 00:07

it was bounce causing issues.... i set the DAT/CAT files higher than XRM. things seem to fine after I set them as a lower number. I assume no civilian mods will totally screw things up, which is a shame. does anyone know a XRM AP friendly mod? the one I looked at changes the jobs file. so definitely a no go.

Aszrayel
xr

Post by Aszrayel » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 16:52

O'Shavah wrote:it was bounce causing issues.... i set the DAT/CAT files higher than XRM. things seem to fine after I set them as a lower number. I assume no civilian mods will totally screw things up, which is a shame. does anyone know a XRM AP friendly mod? the one I looked at changes the jobs file. so definitely a no go.
Unless you made a wall file, you shouldn't need the CAT/DAT files. A quote from Litcube: "FOR THE MOTHER OF GOD, YOU DO NOT NEED THE CAT/DAT IF YOU ARE NOT MAKING A WALL FILE. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST, READ THIS. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ONLY NEED THE SCRIPT TO RUN BOUNCE. FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY; PLEASE."

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 20:54

O'Shavah wrote:I assume no civilian mods will totally screw things up, which is a shame. does anyone know a XRM AP friendly mod? the one I looked at changes the jobs file. so definitely a no go.
I don't know of an existing no-civ mod for xrm, but you could make one. Either manually edit the jobs file to set a 0 for job count on all jobs tagged as civilians, or use my customizer with the Adjust_Job_Counts transform, matching on 'classification_civilian', to automate the process. Existing civilians will still fly around, but no new ones should be created.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 23:17

I just wanted to say that my recent upgrade to a 5 GHz i5-8600K (from an 3.8 GHz i7-5775C) was really worth it. The performance difference in larger battles is immense. So if you want more performance and fun, try this. :)

cridenour
x4

Post by cridenour » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 20:53

Mizuchi wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:While you are here, do you got any plans or ideas for a further development of XRM? :)
I've been out of the X3 game (literally!) for the better part of a decade, and Paul said that that was heavily into his music these days.

I think whatever the most "recent" version was is probably the final version.

My input had mostly stopped before that version, too (I moved to Japan).

It is what it is, and I'm just amazed (and happy) that people are still getting enjoyment from it.

The only reason I even dropped by was because I just finished Starpoint Gemini: Warlords (which is great until you reach end-game and there's nothing left to progress to), happen to be a bit excited about the prospect of X4, and was like "do I want to play X3TC again?" because there isn't a lot to scratch that itch.

Starpoint Gemini 2 and Warlords come close but, again, most of that game is a progression-to-the-next-big-ship game. They lack the end-game "what do I want to do now that I have a big ship?" content that X3TC has.

Rebel Galaxy has that same issue. It's great until there's not much point in continuing to play it.

I absolutely love Elite: Dangerous, too, but that's very much a seasonal kind of game for me.
I have gone through all the same games with the same conclusions. Fun while I was playing, but no staying power like X3 (with mods).

skynet500
x3ap

Post by skynet500 » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 15:18

Thank you for this great mod. I still play it many many hours <3

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 21. Jan 18, 20:42

I recently encountered the problem that pirate ships spawned from missions won't fire at anything, despite having the correct weapons. They don't fire at my ships and they don't fire at other race's ships. Already existing pirate ships like the ones in Gaian Star however do attack correctly. What may be the cause of this problem?

I vaguely remember that someone asked such a question some time ago, but I can't find it...

Vercetti
x3tc

Post by Vercetti » Sun, 4. Feb 18, 17:17

Hello Folks!

I have ben away from the X series for a very long time, after trying X rebirth and unfortunately disliking it... now I have been back for a while with X3 AP and I immediately installed the XRM mod.

I have a question though... I started as Argon Peacekeeper (I know that argon campaign is disabled) I completed the company, NMMC and hub plots, and now I have maxed out reputation with the Split among others... guess this would be time for the shady business plot.. I think I have all the requisites (UFJD on board, max rep with the splits (just achieved) and the HUB) but did not get the message yet. Is it because main plot is disabled so I cannot do the shady business or I just have to be patient (like waiting couple of hours in ATS?)

Thanks!!!
Se l'urlo agghiacciante, che ti sveglia all'improvviso nella notte, è quello di un pedone, vuol dire che ti eri addormentato al volante.

Cormyr
x3tc

Post by Cormyr » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 12:02

So I'm wondering what the best ships for each class are. For example I've heard that the Boreas is the best M2 although the ATF destroyers have quite superiors stats. Has that something to do with the weapon loadout?

VladWard
x4

Post by VladWard » Fri, 2. Mar 18, 07:58

Hi,

I just installed XRM on a fresh install of X3:AP and I'm having some pretty severe freezing/stuttering any time the game changes the currently playing BGM. This occurs any time I enter a new area, enter or leave combat, when idle and the BGM track cycles automatically, and even at the title screen.

I'm running on an overclocked Bloomfield i7-930 (3Ghz) with 16GB of RAM, a 290X, and the game itself is installed on a 5400RPM HDD.

Could this be a software issue, or am I likely being bottlenecked by something? I would normally assume the latter, but my intuition is that loading BGM isn't a terribly resource intensive process.

Thanks

Edit: Issue persists after moving the installation to an (admittedly rather old) SSD.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 2. Mar 18, 08:34

BGM = Background Music track? If so, there are number of audio codecs which are known to cause problems with the X3-games. See the "Codec Issues" section of the Common problems and resolutions sticky in the Tech Support forum.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”