[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Sun, 5. Oct 14, 16:23

paulwheeler wrote:That sounds like a codec issue. Are you running linux or a mac? PCs usually have no problem.

You can try converting the xrm sector tracks to standard mp3s. If you're running a pc you can try installing a codec pack.
I'm running a Windows 7 64-bit PC.

The problem WAS a codec issue actually. Uninstalling my current codec pack fixed it. The thing I'm trying to figure out now is WHY it caused it in the first place. I've used the CCCP codec pack for years.

I'll try a reinstall without changing any settings and see if I still get it.

One more thing. I cannot remember if this was normal or not but when I landed at an Argon ship dealer and chose to equip my ship, at least one item of listed equipment on the preview screen came up as something like {74313854} {926504762}. Not those exact numbers of course and I didn't notice anything else unusual. Was just wondering if that is something to be worried about. Haven't noticed any other oddities.

Thanks for the help with the sound issue btw.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 5. Oct 14, 20:47

The problem WAS a codec issue actually. Uninstalling my current codec pack fixed it. The thing I'm trying to figure out now is WHY it caused it in the first place. I've used the CCCP codec pack for years.
CCCP contains ffdshow and Haali codecs, which are known to cause problems with X3. ffdshow can be disabled for specific games, such as X3, as described here. Single codecs (e.g. Haali codecs) can be removed with a program called Codec Sniper. That way you don't have to remove the whole codec pack, and the other codecs you may (or may not) need.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

s0nofagun

Post by s0nofagun » Mon, 6. Oct 14, 00:07

Is anyone having trouble with the Treasure Hunt plot where the first clue seems to be broken?

I've autopiloted my ship to the coordinates provided (10,5,44) and my ship does not automatically target an asteroid like it's supposed to according to the walkthroughs I've read.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 6. Oct 14, 01:22

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
CCCP contains ffdshow and Haali codecs, which are known to cause problems with X3. ffdshow can be disabled for specific games, such as X3, as described here. Single codecs (e.g. Haali codecs) can be removed with a program called Codec Sniper. That way you don't have to remove the whole codec pack, and the other codecs you may (or may not) need.
Thanks a lot X2!! I had switched to VLC player while I figured out what the issue was. I'll reinstall later and give it another try.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 7. Oct 14, 09:38

I'm using the latest XRM 1.30 with MARS 5.25 and the MARS data file from this thread. Is this really the most fitting file? I noticed that with weapons like the Fusion Bomb Launcher my turrets are mostly unable to hit corvettes or even frigates. This happens also on relatively short ranges < 2km to the target.

morkena
x3ap

Cattle Ranch

Post by morkena » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 11:02

Where can I buy a Cattle Ranch M? I've found 5 Jonferco Showrooms, but I only see the large version.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 12:12

Hello

Have you try at
Spoiler
Show
Antigone Memorial
:?:

Akrilloth
x3tc

Post by Akrilloth » Sat, 11. Oct 14, 15:20

Hello Paul, Any news on a Hayabusa/Cerberus Turret update?

Anyhow, i think i have a small problem.
For some reason, when i tell a Wing squadron of 30 m3's and 2 m7's to "Wing Attack All", they just freeze in place, with just one m3 following my order, while the rest just stand still while getting shot at. I also tried to just issue the order to the m3's in case the commands were disrupted by the conflicting ship classes. Got any clue on what this issue is? Or is it just software limitations?

Edit; I just noticed, the split M6 Cheetah has 2500 laser recharge, sup with the m7+ generator on that thing? I know it has an experimental matter-antimatter gen, but still...

Regards, Akrilloth
Last edited by Akrilloth on Sun, 12. Oct 14, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 11. Oct 14, 16:56

When I read about turrets: Currently I'm using a Yaki Kariudo as my ship. There seems to be a minor problem with the 3D model of the turrets, it can be observed best on the left and right turrets - it looks as if there are two pairs of turrets (with 2 guns each) with one of them frozen and the other one working fine.

Fiesgesicht

Post by Fiesgesicht » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 22:16

Hey Paul,

I just realized I'm missing 3 ship models. The Split Komodo, Split Cheetah and one Argon Mercury variant (though I can't say which one). The scene files are in \objects\ships... but apparently the models are not (can't find the files the scenes refer to).
Redownloaded XRM to check for bad download or file corruption but still can't find them.

All 3 ships are invisible (and thus invincible) in game except for turrets and hangars (I think those are hangars anyway).

Are those ships supposed to be in XRM or are those files supposed to be in vanilla files? I'm fairly certain I didn't delete radom files :)

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 08:33

Fiesgesicht wrote:Hey Paul,

I just realized I'm missing 3 ship models. The Split Komodo, Split Cheetah and one Argon Mercury variant (though I can't say which one). The scene files are in \objects\ships... but apparently the models are not (can't find the files the scenes refer to).
Redownloaded XRM to check for bad download or file corruption but still can't find them.

All 3 ships are invisible (and thus invincible) in game except for turrets and hangars (I think those are hangars anyway).

Are those ships supposed to be in XRM or are those files supposed to be in vanilla files? I'm fairly certain I didn't delete radom files :)
Those ships are vanilla AP ships - is your AP install up to date?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 09:27

BlackArchon wrote:When I read about turrets: Currently I'm using a Yaki Kariudo as my ship. There seems to be a minor problem with the 3D model of the turrets, it can be observed best on the left and right turrets - it looks as if there are two pairs of turrets (with 2 guns each) with one of them frozen and the other one working fine.
I will check that out.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 09:32

Akrilloth wrote:Hello Paul, Any news on a Hayabusa/Cerberus Turret update?

Anyhow, i think i have a small problem.
For some reason, when i tell a Wing squadron of 30 m3's and 2 m7's to "Wing Attack All", they just freeze in place, with just one m3 following my order, while the rest just stand still while getting shot at. I also tried to just issue the order to the m3's in case the commands were disrupted by the conflicting ship classes. Got any clue on what this issue is? Or is it just software limitations?

Edit; I just noticed, the split M6 Cheetah has 2500 laser recharge, sup with the m7+ generator on that thing? I know it has an experimental matter-antimatter gen, but still...

Regards, Akrilloth
The XRM doesn't touch the attack scripts so its something else causing your problem. Are any of those ships captured? I've heard about this kind of thing being caused by residual scripts still running. Try cloning the offending ships.

The Cheetah weapons energy is just above that of the Heavy Dragon - but I agree the regen rate is way too high - I'll fix it.

Akrilloth
x3tc

Post by Akrilloth » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 23:11

Okay, Paul, guess what?
The Terran M1 Solaris has the same turret problem as the Hayabusa, i guess it's the turret itself that is bugged. The problem is most likely that the Turret has another pivot point than the gun barrels, do you know if there is any way i can fix this without directly tampering with the models?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 08:28

Akrilloth wrote:Okay, Paul, guess what?
The Terran M1 Solaris has the same turret problem as the Hayabusa, i guess it's the turret itself that is bugged. The problem is most likely that the Turret has another pivot point than the gun barrels, do you know if there is any way i can fix this without directly tampering with the models?
This was a known bug with Cadius' turret - he has fixed it, i just haven't encorporated the fix into the xrm yet (mainly because the bug is so, so tiny hardly anyone has noticed it). I will include the fix in the next update.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 10:16

Hello

When we are talking about ships I want to ask about Osaka: how many ships, and how many each type of ship, it can dock :?: Description says it has 4 docking ports, when I dock 1 M6/TS + 2 M3/4/5 nothing else can dock there - so the fourth docking port is obsolete.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 16:49

How goes the work on patch, when we can expect, what new features and major bug fixes will be delivered? Cheers
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 15:54

Sorkvild wrote:How goes the work on patch, when we can expect, what new features and major bug fixes will be delivered? Cheers
Its definitely coming. I'm about half way through. My day job is just very busy these days and that was where I did most of the XRM work.

I will get it done as soon as I can.

Its mostly fixes. One new confirmed feature is Privateer shipyards (only in AP I'm afraid).

luisete0146

Post by luisete0146 » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 19:37

Hi! I have a problem, I have the x3 tc in version 3.2, I install the XRM and can not dock at any site.

PLEASE HELP.thanks

Akrilloth
x3tc

Post by Akrilloth » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 19:47

Hey Paul, just wondering, is the Teladi Shrike supposed to only have 980 weapons recharge?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”