[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 15:11

d_ka wrote:@gilboa

1. Teladi Shipyard brings the availability of Teladi basic ship models like Kea, Buzard etc, and Argon one does the same for it´s basic M5-M3(+). Aside of that there are none, afaik.
2. You can, of course, reverse engineer ships at your SY, just like doing it at your HQ.
3. Repairing should be possible too, i just never use this function due to MR&T, and OTAS maintain pods are not only quicker, but also way cheaper ( almost cheaty, if you ask me ).
4. Call me a cheater, but i simply add blueprints from my HQ to any shipyard i´ve got if needed. I own those blueprints, so why shouldn´t i be able to transfer them? ( i use Cycrows PM for that ).
You can´t do that the other way, transfering BP from the last bought HQ type dock to another one bought earlier, but then you can simply build/spawn/buy a ship you need, and reverse engineer it directly at your HQ to allow it to produce that particular model, if your SY dock was bought after you´ve got your HQ.
Hi,
Thanks. Guess I'll use a combination of Asteroid bases (repair) and S/Y (build).

Two questions:
1. How do you get PM to move the BPs from one S/Y to another?
2. Is MR&T: Maine train and repair mod?

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Modified X4 Linux w/ VRO.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 1080GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 15:11

paulwheeler wrote:Note - The different types build/recycle/repair etc at different rates. IIRC, Shipyards build faster than HQs. HQs reverse engineer faster. Asteroid Bases repair faster.
Thanks.
X2 Linux (LGP).

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 16:27

Hi,
Thanks. Guess I'll use a combination of Asteroid bases (repair) and S/Y (build).

Two questions:
You just use "Add blueprint to HQ" option in "cheat" section.
Yes, exactly.

Greetings.
"Only fools seek power, and only the greatest fools seek it through force".

cjm3fl
x3tc

Post by cjm3fl » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 17:43

Sorry I haven't been able to get back to this discussion in so long.
Bad times with some new medical issues....

d_ka wrote: We still call those things flying in space a (space) ship, and even give different ships in x3 names of their naval pendants. So how is it not obvious to see parallels?
No it's not obvious to me.
By your way of thinking the following statement would be true: "We'll make apple sauce out of these oranges...'cause they're fruit too."

d_ka wrote: What has been rejected, i don´t remember all of it, though i´ve read the whole XRM thread ( many pages multiple times ). But there are things like brainstoming, with purpose, not just to "talk about it", so i try to do my part in improving the mod, of course from my personal point of view.
You aren't the only one who can, or has read the entire thread. But, it was easier for me. When I started playing this mod the thread wasn't as big as when others first read it.

There are a number of "Wish list threads" on the other site for brainstorming. This should probably be left clean(er) for those folks who are trying to get the game to work and figure out how to begin playing it.

I say that we (those of us that have been around a while) help Paul, here and/or the other site, by pointing out any minor discrepancies that might still exist but let Paul continue the mod in the style he and Mizuchi envisioned when they first began developing it.
d_ka wrote: So long.
I see.
The kiss-off of death.
Most mature.
--I know how you can make this Mod play like vanilla..
--Play vanilla!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 19:30

Just to say the discussions are very useful and appreciated. I do intend to impliment some of the missile changes that were discussed when i finally get time to finish the next update.

Argylas
x3ap

M6 Docking in XRM

Post by Argylas » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 01:40

I am currently having a blast with the XRM mod. However, I almost always prefer to use capital ships, which can dock at least one M6. In this way I can use an M6 as a shuttle service when I need faster speed or want to dock to a station different from an ED or Shipyard. I've searched a long time for some reliable info on which ships in XRM can dock M6s, but have not gotten any luck. The XRM ship stats only include the total hangar size and Alkeena's mod page only provides information about a handful of ships. So in my frustration I went and manually checked each M7 and M2 in the game to see which ones can carry at least one M6 (I presume all M1 can by default). Here's a list of them all in case another poor soul like me is trying to find this info and is stuck:

M7
Shrike
Cerberus
Astraeus
Deimos
Panther
Morrigu
Tern
Kariudo
Forseti
Raven

M2
Pteranodon
Taipan
Tempest
Tyr
I
Osaka
Bragi
Z
Proteus
Kyoto
Valhalla

If this information is easily reachable somewhere, sorry for the spam. Just trying to help any fellow spacefarers. ;)

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 12:26

Damn, i always play as Terran/ATF but when i attack Argon or Boron ships in other commonwealth sectors, other races become enemy of mine. This is really annoying i can't enjoy as i should.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 12:44

Probably working as intended. In general, the killing of soldiers or civilians of country 1 within the boundaries of country 2 is frowned upon by country 2 since it strains relations with country 1.

If you are not keen on the consequences you've found, options include killing Borons (e.g. country 1) in quite Boron sectors or in Split sectors if their low level war is on-going in XRM (I can't remember).

Colseg

Post by Colseg » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 13:02

You can kill Boron in Split sectors just fine and even get payed for it if you have a Split police license, I believe the same may go for Argon however I have not seen many Argon ships in Split Sectors to test that on. I also think the same may go for Paranid space and it may just be Teladi space where they get annoyed at you for shooting Argon and Boron ships.

NightPrince
x3ap

Post by NightPrince » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 13:13

Hello, everyone!

Not sure if someone posted this question before and I ask you to excuse me if I'm asking it again.
PAR Shipyards and Showrooms are marked as <invalid> and cannot be selected. There is <invalid> Alpha in Family Ryk selling weapons that cannot be selected either. I saw that I probably have a mod conflict and that I am to post the problem here. My mods are:

-XRM with Hull Pack-Low, Backgrounds
-Mars with script file for XRM
-Cheat Package
-LazCorp Claim Sector
-Marine repairs 2
-Logain Industries Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator (CSecG)
-Complex Cleaner v4.09
-Crystal Free SPP v1.02

I think that one of the last three caused the problem, as I first noticed it after their installation. I installed them in that order, if that matters, using the X Plugin Manager set to "Modified". The only manually installed mods are XRM and free SPP.
Thank you in advance and I once again ask you to excuse me if I'm posting something that was already answered.

NP
-"Hey, is your date invitation still valid?"
-"Well yes, sure. Why?"
-"I just wanted to refuse again."

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 16:45

NightPrince wrote:Hello, everyone!

Not sure if someone posted this question before and I ask you to excuse me if I'm asking it again.
PAR Shipyards and Showrooms are marked as <invalid> and cannot be selected. There is <invalid> Alpha in Family Ryk selling weapons that cannot be selected either. I saw that I probably have a mod conflict and that I am to post the problem here. My mods are:

-Cheat Package
-LazCorp Claim Sector
-Marine repairs 2
-Complex Cleaner v4.09
-Crystal Free SPP v1.02

I think that one of the last three caused the problem, as I first noticed it after their installation. I installed them in that order, if that matters, using the X Plugin Manager set to "Modified". The only manually installed mods are XRM and free SPP.
Thank you in advance and I once again ask you to excuse me if I'm posting something that was already answered.

NP
Thats a tfactories conflict. Its almost certainly complex cleaner causing it. There are instructions on how to install it with the xrm on the first page of this thread. Youll need to restart your game - there will be a lot more wrong with your universe.

NightPrince
x3ap

Post by NightPrince » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 21:45

paulwheeler wrote:
NightPrince wrote:Hello, everyone!

-Cheat Package
-LazCorp Claim Sector
-Marine repairs 2
-Complex Cleaner v4.09
-Crystal Free SPP v1.02

NP
Thats a tfactories conflict. Its almost certainly complex cleaner causing it. There are instructions on how to install it with the xrm on the first page of this thread. Youll need to restart your game - there will be a lot more wrong with your universe.
It was indeed Complex Cleaner causing it, but I did not have to restart the game. I removed it with the X Plugin Manager and manually reinstalled it with CC being the first cat/dat. Everything is working again. I completely forgot I had to install CC to the 5th cat/dat :oops:
Thanks for your fast reply and assistance.

NP
-"Hey, is your date invitation still valid?"
-"Well yes, sure. Why?"
-"I just wanted to refuse again."

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 22:31

No - you need to restart - many of the XRM stations will not be correct (unless you starting your game without the complex cleaner installed and installed it later). The universe map is only ever initialised at the start of a game - if X3 couldn't find all the XRM station entries you will end up with lots of incorrect stations. You are probably seeing lots of Argon shipyards dotted around the universe.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 23:24

I improved shields of almost all ships around %30-50 and using high-hull. Battles are so delicious right now.

Argylas
x3ap

M6 docking

Post by Argylas » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 21:34

Upon some further testing with my XRM modded game I noticed that all M7 that can carry M6s, can do so to the maximum of their hangar capacity. This means the Tern can dock 20 M6s, the Cerberus 10 M6s and so on. I personally tested it with the cheat menu. I presume this is also true for all M^ docking capable M2s and all M1s. Is this normal for XRM or is my game corrupted in some way?

I've checked the universe using cheats and everything seems to be working in order, all the stations and ships are as they should be and all ship stats are identical to the ship stats given on the topic's first page...

I'm running a heavily modded game, which includes:
XRM
Docking Computer Ware Size Fix for CODEA
CODEA
Cheat Collection Package, v1.62
X3AP Bonus Pack
Logain Industries Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator (CSecG)
Move to Coordinates
NPC Bailing Addon
Salvage Claim Software
Salvage Commands and NPCs
Jump
Docking Lockup Fix & Docking Computer Use
Hitting Jumpgates Causes No Notoriety Loss
Ring of Fire & Stealth Satellites
MARS Fire Control
Freight Distribution Network
Crystal Free Solar Power Plants
Numeric Race Ranks
Pure X HUD
Marine Repairs and Training
Pirate Guild 3 – v1.59
Yaki Armada 2 – Test Build 210
Improved Races 2
Galaxy Explorer

If you need some other info, I'll be happy to provide it. Thanks in advance.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 10:08

No thats not true. Only carrier m7s have a single m6 dock, except the Tern which has 6. No other m7s have m6 docks. Most m1s have a dock. I dont recall any m2s having m6 docks.

I suspect its to do with the cheat script not picking up the docks correctly. Try and dock them normally.

DevilishMoney
x3ap

Post by DevilishMoney » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 10:22

Argylas

It is the Docking Lockup Fix & Docking Computer Use that is causing this, if you have a docking computer on a ship it will not know what type of dock it has only that there is a dock.

Its a limit of the script engine taking off the docking computers on the M6's will cure this

This is a a quote from Gazz the creator of the script.

Scripts can not tell if an object has multiple types of hangars.
Only if ship A is physically able to dock at object B and if object B has a matching docking slot free. This is just an overall total of all available docking bays.
Since the script can only use put into environment to fake-dock the ship it can not tell what kind of docking slot the ship is actually put in.

So this problem is unavoidable with objects that can dock more than one ship class. There is no way for a script to detect this situation.

For 99% of vanilla X3 this script should be perfectly safe. Worst case a TS tries to undock from the internal hangar of an argon trading station or somesuch...

Argylas
x3ap

M6 docking issue solved

Post by Argylas » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 23:00

Upon further testing it turns out the Docking Lockup Fix & Docking Computer Use mod was really the culprit. When ships are not equipped with docking computer, they behave as they normally should. All M7Cs have 1 M6 docking slot and only the Tern has 6. Big thanks to DevilishMoney for helping me solve this issue ;)

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 14:57

d_ka wrote:
Hi,

Two questions:
You just use "Add blueprint to HQ" option in "cheat" section.
Yes, exactly.

Greetings.
Thanks.
X2 Linux (LGP).

Bazch
x3tc

Post by Bazch » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 16:59

Hey guys, I wasn't sure where to post this but I had a question related to this mod.

I was pretty far into Terran Conflict when I decided it was time to start over in AP, with mods.
I downloaded this mod and I'm really happy with it.
Thing is, I also feel nostalgic for my old empire. I really want to finnish the Hub Plot (I'm 3/4 there) in TC.

Here comes the problem;
This mod needs you to make alterations to the base game (TC). I now want to reinstall Terran Conflict in a separate folder, so I can play both games (AP modded and TC vanilla) at the same time. However, Steam won't let me. It automatically installs TC in the folder that also contains AP, even if I change the folder name in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common.

Is there some way I can have both games separate? So I can play modded and vanilla at the same time?

Thanks in advance guys. Not sure if this is the place to ask something like this, but I rarely use a forum.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”