Help - Accidentally killed Scientist

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BryanNeff
x3tc

Help - Accidentally killed Scientist

Post by BryanNeff » Fri, 20. May 11, 23:50

X3 TC 3.1 English

No scripts/Mods. Dead is Dead game, so I can't save/reload

I'm on the Split Espionage an Sabatoge Takeover mission, where one is supposed to pick up the split scientist. However, I didn't realize my cargo bay was near full, and accidentally killed him.

Is there -ANY- way I can still complete this mission? It won't let me abort the mission and restart, and as I said, I can't just reload an old save because it's a DiD game.

CeaserNic
x3tc

Post by CeaserNic » Sat, 21. May 11, 00:08

I believe I killed him once by trying to transfer between ships. I had to go back to the Unknown Sector and get him again. The second time, he was in a ship that I destroyed - which then caused him to be ejected into space to be picked up.

BryanNeff
x3tc

Post by BryanNeff » Sat, 21. May 11, 00:20

I'm not seeing him in the Unknown Sector, and there's no arrows pointing towards anything I can pick up. Is there somewhere I need to go or something I need to do to make him reappear?

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 21. May 11, 00:22

Try leaving the sector and entering it again.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

BryanNeff
x3tc

Post by BryanNeff » Sat, 21. May 11, 00:24

Left and reentered several times. When I leave, the guidance tells me to go back into that sector, but it doesn't give me anything afterwards.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 21. May 11, 00:32

Hmm. How long has it been since you lost the scientist?

Get a bioscanner and scan any Split ships left in the sector. Maybe he respawned on board one of them.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

BryanNeff
x3tc

Post by BryanNeff » Sat, 21. May 11, 01:15

No split ships left in the sector. Rechecked the captured elephant, but he's not on board it.

CeaserNic
x3tc

Post by CeaserNic » Sat, 21. May 11, 03:08

I'm fairly sure that the second time into the sector, the mission guidance still pointed to the scientist in the ship. If you have left and re-entered the sector, and if you've waited a few minutes for the mission to reset, I'm afraid you may be out of luck...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”