[TC] Marine Training Barracks

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NightStryke
x3tc

[TC] Marine Training Barracks

Post by NightStryke » Fri, 20. May 11, 07:24

I've had an extensive marine recruitment program going for some time now; I keep TPs docked at every station with marines and buy any marine with at least 3 stars in fighting, periodically buying up the unused marines and selling the ship to refresh the stock. While doing this I've noticed that I've never found a marine with a 3 star rating in fighting at any Marine Training Barracks or Rehabilitation Center while I've found about 70 at the various Military Bases and Outposts; given the much larger stock at the marine-centric stations, I'd think they'd have a higher chance of showing up. Do Marine Training Barracks and Rehabilitation Centers produce inferior marines? Is it just happenstance, or should I pull my ships out of those stations and forget about them?

Hubert99
x3tc

Post by Hubert99 » Fri, 20. May 11, 08:33

Replenishment is not immediate at Military Outposts, I don't know about the Training Barrakcs, but I think it takes time to hire new marines there too.

Anyway, At Military Outposts, I only found 1, max 2 marines with good fighting skills. I pretty much visited all known outposts and bought the best. There were some at 70, most around 40.

When you buy those, I thought that the rest of them remain, and only the empty places are filled up by the game, especially because I hardly ever find exceptionally good marines for a while after I gather the cream. But I am not sure. Maybe if you buy more, the chance of better marines to appear with a new batch increases, don't know.

I don't think Marine Training Barracks have more good marines than the Outposts though. In fact, roleplaying wise exactly the opposite would make more sense. Only the trained marines should get assignments at the Outposts, but as it happens I see the same overall level. So I think, that there is no magic difference or trick here, marine generation is random, but having a greater pool, probably the chance that more good marines spawan at the MTB is greater.
Last edited by Hubert99 on Fri, 20. May 11, 08:36, edited 1 time in total.
Thereshallbewings

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 20. May 11, 08:35

The barracks and rehab centers have lower chances(barracks having a higher chance than rehab) than the military outposts at producing good marines.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Hubert99
x3tc

Post by Hubert99 » Fri, 20. May 11, 08:38

Is there an evidence for this in the game code ?
Thereshallbewings

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 20. May 11, 09:30

What controls this isn't part of the code we can look at. =p

Just observation. Got a self suffiicient complex producing slaves(and the other necessities), which feeds 100 barracks and 100 rehab centers.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

NightStryke
x3tc

Post by NightStryke » Fri, 20. May 11, 09:39

Catra wrote:Got a self suffiicient complex producing slaves(and the other necessities), which feeds 100 barracks and 100 rehab centers.
How does one "produce" slaves? Cloning facility?

Hubert99
x3tc

Post by Hubert99 » Fri, 20. May 11, 10:08

Catra wrote:What controls this isn't part of the code we can look at. =p

Just observation. Got a self suffiicient complex producing slaves(and the other necessities), which feeds 100 barracks and 100 rehab centers.
Thanks, that's what I needed. I believe you now. :)
Thereshallbewings

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 20. May 11, 11:01

NightStryke wrote:
Catra wrote:Got a self suffiicient complex producing slaves(and the other necessities), which feeds 100 barracks and 100 rehab centers.
How does one "produce" slaves? Cloning facility?
Pleasure dome. =p
Spoiler
Show
originally produces waste, but meh, takes like 5 seconds to chage it in the SE.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 20. May 11, 22:25

Pleasure Dome not in Vanilla TC afaik
Was in earlier games,or something of a similar name.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”